IGNORED

Fielding

BRISTOL86

The funny thing is... I've heard from someone 'in the know' that SoD prefers FF over Parish because of his distribution.

The Goalkeeper is the only thing I disagree with SoD... The more I see FF the more I think he's not that good.

Not only was his distribution poor tonight, but also his calls to his defenders.

He shouted at Flint twice to clear instead of making himself available for a backpass and put Flint in no end of trouble... both times leading to Flint having to haul his opponent down.

Heard from someone in the know!?!??

Sod said this on radio bristol before the game

Also anyone see him go wandering outside his area in the second half again? Almost another cock up. The more I see him the less convinced I am by him.

Yep, nearly carried it right out of his box, then if I remember rightly, nearly played himself right into trouble in the second half, again dithering on the ball!

Heard from someone in the know!?!??

Sod said this on radio bristol before the game

Never heard it on the Radio mate... Heard it from someone about 3 weeks ago, when I was talking about preferring Parish to him.

I presume yesterday on the radio was the first time SoD has said this publicly?

Also anyone see him go wandering outside his area in the second half again? Almost another cock up. The more I see him the less convinced I am by him.

He spends a lot of time stood completely outside the box, I just don't get it... He's going to get chipped from the half way long sometime this season if he keeps loitering there.

The first few times I can understanding him looking for a player to pass to.. But after the 4th, 5th, 6th time you would think the penny would drop.. No one is making themselves available for you, so just release it... It's a bloody 50/50 ball anyway...

He spends a lot of time stood completely outside the box, I just don't get it... He's going to get chipped from the half way long sometime this season if he keeps loitering there.

The first few times I can understanding him looking for a player to pass to.. But after the 4th, 5th, 6th time you would think the penny would drop.. No one is making themselves available for you, so just release it... It's a bloody 50/50 ball anyway...

You also might have thought Fielding - and others - would have noticed that JET has the jumping ability of a blue whale, and lofting high balls in his general direction is the equivalent of just passing them out directly to the opposition.

I never really understand the kicking argument.

Yes he was slow, but he has to aim for 20 blokes huddled together in a circle with a diameter of about 10 meters. Of course he's bound to find an opposition head 50% of the time.

He managed to find the opposition goalie on at least two occasions....

You also might have thought Fielding - and others - would have noticed that JET has the jumping ability of a blue whale, and lofting high balls in his general direction is the equivalent of just passing them out directly to the opposition.

Aren't blue whales noted for leaping out of the water - breaching, I believe it's called? Not so good at heading the ball, mind.

http://www.bing.com/search/?q=blue+whale+breaching&a=results&MID=2500

I never really understand the kicking argument.

Yes he was slow, but he has to aim for 20 blokes huddled together in a circle with a diameter of about 10 meters. Of course he's bound to find an opposition head 50% of the time.

It's not that, it's the amount of time he wasted before doing it.

Aren't blue whales noted for leaping out of the water - breaching, I believe it's called? Not so good at heading the ball, mind.

http://www.bing.com/search/?q=blue+whale+breaching&a=results&MID=2500

Perhaps I should change that to the jumping ability of a slug.

Whoever wrote that film White Men Can't Jump has obviously never seen Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

More time is wasted on preparing throw ins and corners. Why don't you have a go at our throw in and corner takers too? Or our free kick takers as well whilst you're at it.

I'm not sure it is. One improvement we've made is we occasionally take quick free kicks.

Fielding was playing as if we were trying to hold on to a one-nil lead, not overturn a goal deficit.

He came charging to the edge of his area last night in a similar fashion to the Bradford goal opening game. I think it was O Connor, but can't remember, was last man and only just won a bit of a 50:50 battle with their striker, whilst Fielding was in no mans land rushing out of the box. If the Shrewsbury player had won the ball he would have been left with a fairly simple goalscoring chance.

It seems that Fielding has at least one if not two Sunday league standard goalkeeping moments in him every game. He certainly does not fill me with too much confidence at times.

I have yet to see Parish's ability to make saves, as the games I have seen him in he really has not been tested, but his command fills me with a lot more confidence than Fieldings does.

I'm not sure it is. One improvement we've made is we occasionally take quick free kicks.

Fielding was playing as if we were trying to hold on to a one-nil lead, not overturn a goal deficit.

Exactly my point! A neutral would have thought he was the away keeper trying to run the clock down!

I still think he's a decent keeper but you don't need to make problems like that for yourself when chasing a game!

Put it this way Weale distributed twice as quickly as Fielding and our fans were giving him stick for it!

Exactly my point! A neutral would have thought he was the away keeper trying to run the clock down!

I still think he's a decent keeper but you don't need to make problems like that for yourself when chasing a game!

Put it this way Weale distributed twice as quickly as Fielding and our fans were giving him stick for it!

Your theories are bizarre to say the least, almost as if you just have this odd fascination.

Your moaning how he takes too long to kick, but fail to highlight how players are in the incorrect position....he isn't just going to smash it as hope is he. Funny how you also forget FF I the east end taupaulin trying to find the ball, just to speed things up.

For me he looks shaky, but not nearly as bad as you keep rambling on about, I think it's partly because u have created this ridiculous thread and your trying to gain it some impossible credibility.

Your theories are bizarre to say the least, almost as if you just have this odd fascination.

Your moaning how he takes too long to kick, but fail to highlight how players are in the incorrect position....he isn't just going to smash it as hope is he. Funny how you also forget FF I the east end taupaulin trying to find the ball, just to speed things up.

For me he looks shaky, but not nearly as bad as you keep rambling on about, I think it's partly because u have created this ridiculous thread and your trying to gain it some impossible credibility.

Nothing wrong with this thread, his lack of urgency was ridiculous when we were chasing the game, and when he took an age one time kicked it straight out of play. He needs to improve. End of.

Hardly bizarre, I heard multiple other people bemoaning Fielding's "pace of play" also.

You say players in the "correct position" but even after the wait, how often did Fielding find a red shirt? Not often. On several of those occassions he had options short and instead took 20 seconds plus to get it down the pitch instead, often instantly surrendering posession.

You make it sound like I've said he's cost us points - which I didn't - but it was certainly bizarre to see the home keeper take longer to get the ball in play every time than the away keeper. Not sure I've ever picked up on that in 20 years of watching football, so I didn't make it up.

Nothing wrong with this thread, his lack of urgency was ridiculous when we were chasing the game, and when he took an age one time kicked it straight out of play. He needs to improve. End of.

Don't worry, he does this on pretty much every thread I partake in, he's obsessed with arguing with me. :fastasleep:

Hardly bizarre, I heard multiple other people bemoaning Fielding's "pace of play" also.

You say players in the "correct position" but even after the wait, how often did Fielding find a red shirt? Not often. On several of those occassions he had options short and instead took 20 seconds plus to get it down the pitch instead, often instantly surrendering posession.

You make it sound like I've said he's cost us points - which I didn't - but it was certainly bizarre to see the home keeper take longer to get the ball in play every time than the away keeper. Not sure I've ever picked up on that in 20 years of watching football, so I didn't make it up.

Firstly, he only has a limited time to release the ball, particularly with fans baying for him to kick. If there aren't players in position by the, he just has to kick it and hope.

Secondly, even if players are available, there is no guarantee that he will find them, particularly in a swirling wind like last night.

Thirdly, there are eleven opponents doing their damnedest to intercept.

Bizarre.

Difference is there is an - albeit slim - chance of creating something from a free kick or corner.

Which is more than we are going to create from our kick offs. Why do we repeatedly knock it back to Flint to lump up the pitch straight to the opposition. Gives possession away every time. If SOD's coaching them to play a passing game then the KO might be a good time to keep the ball and start passing it.

Archived