IGNORED

Aden Flint

myol'man

To me this guy looks like a classic ball winning centre half in the Jamie McCoombe style that we have been crying out for for a couple of seasons. He looks well suited to the physical rough and tumble of League 1 and will win most aerial battles against big bruising centre forwards. He'll get up for set pieces and score a few as well. I think he may even be a future captain in the making.

What he isn't is a ball carrying Rio Ferdinand type, bringing the ball out of defence, linking up with the midfield, playing one-two's and setting up an attack. When asked to do that he looks like his boot laces are tied together.

Horses for courses?

As I said to my old man last night if he could do the dominating centre half role and play like a ball playing midfielder then he wouldn't be playing for us!

We've a history of destroying players, who in have now gone down in history as at best average, for not being Rio Ferdinand style players. Tony Butler, Mark Lever, Sean Dyche even Mccombe and Millen who were seen as better in the long run were held up as donkeys at times. Some fairly, others not so.

I think people forget that we're a League One side, based in an area of the country that is a footballing backwater, and you can't really expect us to attract Caulker-esque players very often and certainly not permenantly.

For me Flint has been excellent at the job he was bought in to do, win the first ball.

Oh come on, you know that's not true. Zero goals? Correct. Zero threat? Wrong.

How many bullet headers has he directed AT GOAL / ON TARGET?

So far he's floated as many over the bar as Faultaine or Dropaclanger would.

To many people are still gushing over the goal he scored against Brentford in the playoffs and expecting it every week for us.

As I said to my old man last night if he could do the dominating centre half role and play like a ball playing midfielder then he wouldn't be playing for us!

We've a history of destroying players, who in have now gone down in history as at best average, for not being Rio Ferdinand style players. Tony Butler, Mark Lever, Sean Dyche even Mccombe and Millen who were seen as better in the long run were held up as donkeys at times. Some fairly, others not so.

I think people forget that we're a League One side, based in an area of the country that is a footballing backwater, and you can't really expect us to attract Caulker-esque players very often and certainly not permenantly.

For me Flint has been excellent at the job he was bought in to do, win the first ball.

Nice realistic post acceptance of league 1 is key as the likes of Man City, Leeds, Notts Forest, Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday & others have found out. Regarding Aden Flint get the ball in the box wih pace and he will score you goals

14 corners we had and how many got headed or cleared by a defender? At a guess i would say 12. Not blaming Flint he will be the one heavily marked but the corner has to be better and we need to attack the ball better.

The majority of corners are cleared by defenders. The defending team tends to have more players in the box (including a goalkeeper) and have more margin for error as they are not just aiming for a goal and just need to get it up and out.

Some teams go all season only scoring 2 or 3 from corners, with Flint in our team I think we will score more.

The majority of corners are cleared by defenders. The defending team tends to have more players in the box (including a goalkeeper) and have more margin for error as they are not just aiming for a goal and just need to get it up and out.

Some teams go all season only scoring 2 or 3 from corners, with Flint in our team I think we will score more.

Thinking last night we never see the near post flick on's anymore!!

14 corners we had and how many got headed or cleared by a defender? At a guess i would say 12. Not blaming Flint he will be the one heavily marked but the corner has to be better and we need to attack the ball better.

In the case of the Peterborough game, he was being unfairly impeded throughout by two defenders.

There's a world of difference between a defender putting an arm in front of you to gain an advantage and one hanging off your back as if he's going to start bumming you! I wish refs would acknowledge that.

Last night wasn't the best performance by Flint but so far for me he's done exactly what we wanted, he wins a far greater percentage of aerial balls than his predecessors and therefore allows his partner to concentrate on their job.

Probably not a popular view but I thought that Derrick Williams was excellent last night (my MOTM) and is certainly my choice as Flint's partner at CB.

Unlike another poster last night I also thought that O'Connor did ok, as last man he twice averted danger (contrast that to Saturday with Cunningham's effort for the 3rd) and for me I think we know now who 3/4 of our first choice back four are at present.

Left back is weird, Shorey was horribly at fault with Shrewsbury's goal and Cunningham was very poor against Peterborough, however on paper they both look very decent for this level.

When Tony Adams and and Steve Bold retired flick ons at the near post reduced by nearly 94%.

**disclaimer** I just totally made that up.

No need for apology, there's loads of made up stuff posted on here as fact.

And that's a fact!

Last night wasn't the best performance by Flint but so far for me he's done exactly what we wanted, he wins a far greater percentage of aerial balls than his predecessors and therefore allows his partner to concentrate on their job.

Probably not a popular view but I thought that Derrick Williams was excellent last night (my MOTM) and is certainly my choice as Flint's partner at CB.

Unlike another poster last night I also thought that O'Connor did ok, as last man he twice averted danger (contrast that to Saturday with Cunningham's effort for the 3rd) and for me I think we know now who 3/4 of our first choice back four are at present.

Left back is weird, Shorey was horribly at fault with Shrewsbury's goal and Cunningham was very poor against Peterborough, however on paper they both look very decent for this level.

Against Rovers, Shorey was calm and composed, and in our current situation his experience and composure could be invaluable.

last night he was trying ok made some bad passes and rightly got booked.i dont think he was being singled out for the booing it was all of em...he was like bambi on ice sometimes but we knew what we where getting.more than anything these short corners fck me off get the ball in the box ffs.he then might connect and one go in..all in all a really shite performance but we didnt loose.swindle here we come...

Cracking summary Graham.

I have to agree regards Flint. We all knew he was signed as a ball winner, not a ball playing centre half. I think the best combination so far is easily Flint and Williams. They both compliment each other well and Williams has fantastic pace to cover in behind. As for Left back it is a tough one. Even though Shorey was in all sorts for the goal his calmness and experience is vital to our back four at present. I think until we get out of this rut he gets my vote.

I would still stick with Moloney at RB. I am not convinced by O'connor although as you mention he did make two crucial tackles last night. Still from what I have seen he's not as good going forward as Moloney and isn't really any better defensively.

Odds on him getting red carded saturday? 1/2

Their players and fans will wind him up bigtime and being an aggresive sort he,s quite likely to

put someone into a stand.

Infact, to a certain degree he may well be

targeted by a few of their players

Nearly as bad as players being targeted by their own fans...

Archived