IGNORED

Aden Flint

myol'man

Against Rovers, Shorey was calm and composed, and in our current situation his experience and composure could be invaluable.

Shrewsbury drew with us 1-1 and their goal was 100% due to Shorey being neither composed or looking experienced.... If Moloney or cunmimgham had made that cock up this board would be looking to hang him for costing us 3 points.

Shrewsbury drew with us 1-1 and their goal was 100% due to Shorey being neither composed or looking experienced.... If Moloney or cunmimgham had made that cock up this board would be looking to hang him for costing us 3 points.

Didn't watch last night so am surprised, as against Rovers he did look calm. Is this going to be yet another player who is only here a short time before we bring them down to our level?

Last night wasn't the best performance by Flint but so far for me he's done exactly what we wanted, he wins a far greater percentage of aerial balls than his predecessors and therefore allows his partner to concentrate on their job.

Probably not a popular view but I thought that Derrick Williams was excellent last night (my MOTM) and is certainly my choice as Flint's partner at CB.

Unlike another poster last night I also thought that O'Connor did ok, as last man he twice averted danger (contrast that to Saturday with Cunningham's effort for the 3rd) and for me I think we know now who 3/4 of our first choice back four are at present.

Left back is weird, Shorey was horribly at fault with Shrewsbury's goal and Cunningham was very poor against Peterborough, however on paper they both look very decent for this level.

Agree with that Graham. Williams looks an excellent signing. He has only played maybe 6 or 7 league games in his career but looked settled last night.

Left back is interesting. If Shorey hadn't dropped that clanger, we'd all agree he'd had a good game. He could be the calming influence we need. In contrast Cunningham looks nervy and lacking in confidence. However, SO'D knows he is capable. Maybe Shorey is the short term answer with Cunningham maybe getting a game in the cups to get his confidence back. Long term he is our left back - he's having a poor time at the moment.

Archived