IGNORED

Wifi And 3G

Aizoon

3G is always likely to suffer where large crowds congregate. It's the nature of the technology.

Think of 3G like you are trying to have a conversation with someone across the road. As the traffic gets busier (more people trying to use the same space) you have to get closer to hear. In a similar way 3G closes in to make the coverage footprint smaller. Probably a poor analogy.

That's why sometimes you can get 3G easily in one place and the next day in the same place nothing. The coverage size is variable.

Vodafone is appalling, I've asked them why I struggle to get a signal in central London and I was told its because they're so popular. Before I changed to O2 I couldn't get a signal anywhere near the Eastend, in fact I wouldn't get a signal until I got to Parson St Station.

In can't wait to ditch Vodafone. iPhone shows good signal with 3G in the dolman yet I can do nothing- no sky sports ap, Facebook, can't send iMessages or even bog standard texts.

The whole bad signal in London really gets ony nerves too.

• Admin

In can't wait to ditch Vodafone. iPhone shows good signal with 3G in the dolman yet I can do nothing- no sky sports ap, Facebook, can't send iMessages or even bog standard texts.

The whole bad signal in London really gets ony nerves too.

The bars on a phone dont necessarily mean you have a network connection. They are a measure of how much power you are drawing from the nearest cell tower and there is no industry standard soexactly the same signal on an iPhone may show 5 bars whilst a Blackberry may show 3 bars.

You can have full signal bars and if the network is heavily congested you will still have problems maintaining a good connection. This condition happens more in heavily populated areas where many people are using the network at the same time, like in big cities and at sporting events for example.

The bars on a phone dont necessarily mean you have a network connection. They are a measure of how much power you are drawing from the nearest cell tower and there is no industry standard soexactly the same signal on an iPhone may show 5 bars whilst a Blackberry may show 3 bars.

You can have full signal bars and if the network is heavily congested you will still have problems maintaining a good connection. This condition happens more in heavily populated areas where many people are using the network at the same time, like in big cities and at sporting events for example.

Ah right, cheers for the explanation.

Voda seems to be the poor network to be on at the Gate. There's 3 of us on different networks, Voda, EE & O2 - I'm the only one who can do zilch. It's really annoying at half time actually having to converse with people :-)

Archived