IGNORED

Stephen Pearson- Out For 6 Months

Dolman Block B

Money aside I think quite a few City fans will be delighted that he will very unlikely don the shirt again

I don't think he could make us worse TBH, we could probably do with his experience ATM.

That said Liam Kelly is the biggest miss for me.

Was thinking the other day how slim SO'D's options were, not reckoning immediately on the long term absences of Pearson, Kelly and Taylor. All three have been missed, in my most humble opinion, even as an alternative from the bench in Pearson and Taylors' case. Pearson has got a lot of stick on here but he was far from the worst player to wear the City shirt last season!

Was thinking the other day how slim SO'D's options were, not reckoning immediately on the long term absences of Pearson, Kelly and Taylor. All three have been missed, in my most humble opinion, even as an alternative from the bench in Pearson and Taylors' case. Pearson has got a lot of stick on here but he was far from the worst player to wear the City shirt last season!

I think the issue with Pearson is not that he does anything wrong, he just doesn't seem to do...well... anything. He'll never go down as the worst player to don a City shirt, but he could very well go down as the most average or anonymous. His performances are kinda like the reaction Apple got when they launched the 5S....just...Meh.

2nd in the assists chart last year as well.

Weird, isn't it?

Decent number of assists last season, scored the goal for Derby that got them into the Prem and played for Celtic when they beat Barca, yet some sort of hate figure on here for a few, well they can't say this season is his fault, can they?

Useful, underrated player in my book.

Weird, isn't it?

Decent number of assists last season, scored the goal for Derby that got them into the Prem and played for Celtic when they beat Barca, yet some sort of hate figure on here for a few, well they can't say this season is his fault, can they?

Useful, underrated player in my book.

Agreed. Won't see him in a City shirt again though

On his day could be useful but hasn't been consistent enough throughout his time here.

Falls in to the 'deadwood' bracket for me unfortunately and whilst I wish him a speedy recovery I won't lose any sleep if he doesn't play for us again.

Well, Stephen Pearson did help us get relegated last season and may help us get relegated again due to his absence.

I'm half cut now but I'm telling you from the moment Bradley Orr went off in the play off final v Hull we have been cursed with injuries. Look at the loan signings Elokobi, Webster etc only lasted less than half a game before potentially career ending injuries. Back in 76 you could name the same side every week. Would all these players be injured every week if we were top of the league.

I'm half cut now but I'm telling you from the moment Bradley Orr went off in the play off final v Hull we have been cursed with injuries. Look at the loan signings Elokobi, Webster etc only lasted less than half a game before potentially career ending injuries. Back in 76 you could name the same side every week. Would all these players be injured every week if we were top of the league.

That's true, apart from Cheese (oh, and Gerry Sharpe) we didn't seem to get many serious injuries at all.

We'd always have a few who played every game in a season and another half dozen who only missed one or two.

Just as well, because we didn't have the size of squad we';ve got these days, even compared to the present supposedly 'small' one.

Archived