IGNORED

Who Was The Manager When You First Watched / Started Supporting City?

Eddie Hitler

First manager  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i'm affraid the manager is NOT listed the first time i went to the gate with my dad ROY HODGSON was in charge, he was assitant manger to Bobby Houghton and took over when he left , But the manager i really remember well was Terry Cooper he was also a great player even at that time.

I read that as your dad is Roy Hodgson ... Gotcha now tho

I'm a Joe Jordan baby and his second spell was when I first started going down

Yeah that's what I meant, 1980-82 the start of the Bristol Mancs/Chelski/Scousers the sad thing is that is probably correct

As Eddie Hitler has said above, it's hard to see that era as one people would actively start watching.

I can't see that we're drawing in too many 'new' fans at the moment for example.

As Eddie Hitler has said above, it's hard to see that era as one people would actively start watching.

I can't see that we're drawing in too many 'new' fans at the moment for example.

So the new football fans would chose the 'Big Teams' because they love glory

Hence why 1980-82 would've been the start of the Bristol based Big Club fans

Terry Cooper. I remember walking out of school and walking past an Evening Post board outside the newsagents to say he'd been sacked. Ran home and cried.

MM

Ah, memories.

Nobody yet for Gary Johnson? That's really surprising, I got the impression that we had gained loads of fans then because for much of his tenure they were great times.

Edit: ok 3 now, but I was expecting loads.

Thing is, we were mostly very young when we started following City - I know 5, 6 & 7 year olds are very much more competent with technology but I can't see many joining the forum - the latest probably from the Johnson days really others would be an anomoly

Archived