IGNORED

Bristol City Fans The Problem!?

Lew-T

You got to love those clubs where people are straining to remember the last league win and they could be facing their second consecutive relegation and everyone sings and claps and high fives each other when they lose. Cuz there's loads of them, aren't there?!

Ummmmmmmm well I can think of one .............................bth_559d72cb.gif

100% agree, this is a work in progress and its going to take a while to jel together and I'm certain our best football will be played by Christmas.

The thing is with our fans, there is absolutely no patience what so ever and when we try and keep the ball they still bloody moan. What can SOD do with fans like ours.

Today there was some big improvement, but I am not impressed by fielding, but we kept the ball well and we closed down slot more than we usually do, but we were always gonna concede in the 2nd half when we only had one known centre back.

I would of thought our best opportunity to play the style were attempting would be from the start of the season when pitches are in pristine condition.november/dec onwards pitches deteriorate and I would be most concerned if our points total was still low by christmas.

Idiots and police horses on the pitch have ruined that already

I believe part of this whole mess has to come down to the supporters. Shoot me down all you like, I will still come up and fight you back!

This season we all knew, well I knew would be a tough season, we made a lot of summer signings and also have shipped out some shit too. These lads need time to adapt, do you really think it will click with 8 games in?! Get real and wind your necks in. It will take another season for these young lads to click, they're all still learning about their teammates game and their own, lets not forget these lads have their best years ahead of them.

We've already seen some glimpses of good football so there's no doubt that this side can play. We just a need of luck, confidence and a ruthless attitude. Sacking SOD is not the answer, the fans need to understand that!!!

I agree with you, I personally think were looking at about 20 games for these players to click, however I was thinking more the odd win and mid table until then not ass end of the table and 0 wins.

So LewT, Ive just listened to SOD's interview and hes told his players not to appologise for the defeat, he wont appologise,so its the fans fault then ?

The 2500 who sang there hearts out and paid a fair lump to follow them ?

He did not blame the fans, and why should the players apologise. It was a close game, they have nothing to apologise for.

So on a day that we have taken two and half thousand people away from home to watch a team that hasn't won away since last December there is a thread on this forum asking if fans are the problem. Jesus Christ. Then again I saw someone post this week that we're better away from home because the atmosphere at Ashton Gate is too negative. Just to reiterate, we haven't won an away game since December.

I would be interested to know of a club in the world that could be on the run we're on right now without any voices of dissent. I expected us to get off to a slow start and thought we would finish somewhere around 10th so in no way was I one of the more optimistic and I don't feel my expectations were particularly lofty. That doesn't mean I'm happy watching the same mistakes being made every week, some being carried over from last year even though this is a vastly changed team.

I wanted SO'D here for a long time before he got the job and I believe that any talk about him being sacked at the moment is unfair, but unlike some that doesn't mean I will try and defend the indefensible. I am really getting a bit tired of people going over the top in their criticism for SO'D's doubters or making out they are some kind of visionary by endlessly preaching that people have to be patient and give him time.

Patience is relative. The time I'm happy to give him before I expect to see marked improvements will be different to the next person. Who decides at what stage it is acceptable to want him sacked? I thought McInnes should have gone in around November last year and at the time I think I was in the minority. Does that make me impatient or does his later displays of incompetence mean I was right? If you honestly don't think that the man in charge of the team cannot take you forward than why do you need to wait for a certain date before wanting him sacked. It seems strange looking at our results or the league table, but I remain quietly confident in O'Driscoll so therefore I am happy for him to remain in his position. None of us can claim to have any idea whether I am right or wrong.

I like a lot about O'Driscoll, agree with a lot of the things he is doing and have actually seem glimmers in almost every game this season that suggest we could have something and we may develop into a decent team so at the moment I am still fully behind him. That doesn't change the fact that the defence seems just as weak as when he got here, he appears to have signed a clown to play in goal and we are still looking for a league win. I cannot believe that anybody in the real world would expect the fans of any team to not have a certain amount of people looking to criticise the man in charge.

Football fans may not be perfect, but we are a long, long way away from being the main problem at this club.

FFS, can we look long term for once. Chop chop chop, it's got to stop. If you dont want to pay money to watch city, you dont have to. Go watch a film or buy a computer game for which you can read a review. I go cos I love watching city, whether we win, lose or draw, whether we're in League 2 or the Prem.

You're totally missing the point there. The fact is, people are staying away in droves

So on a day that we have taken two and half thousand people away from home to watch a team that hasn't won away since last December there is a thread on this forum asking if fans are the problem. Jesus Christ. Then again I saw someone post this week that we're better away from home because the atmosphere at Ashton Gate is too negative. Just to reiterate, we haven't won an away game since December.

I would be interested to know of a club in the world that could be on the run we're on right now without any voices of dissent. I expected us to get off to a slow start and thought we would finish somewhere around 10th so in no way was I one of the more optimistic and I don't feel my expectations were particularly lofty. That doesn't mean I'm happy watching the same mistakes being made every week, some being carried over from last year even though this is a vastly changed team.

I wanted SO'D here for a long time before he got the job and I believe that any talk about him being sacked at the moment is unfair, but unlike some that doesn't mean I will try and defend the indefensible. I am really getting a bit tired of people going over the top in their criticism for SO'D's doubters or making out they are some kind of visionary by endlessly preaching that people have to be patient and give him time.

Patience is relative. The time I'm happy to give him before I expect to see marked improvements will be different to the next person. Who decides at what stage it is acceptable to want him sacked? I thought McInnes should have gone in around November last year and at the time I think I was in the minority. Does that make me impatient or does his later displays of incompetence mean I was right? If you honestly don't think that the man in charge of the team cannot take you forward than why do you need to wait for a certain date before wanting him sacked. It seems strange looking at our results or the league table, but I remain quietly confident in O'Driscoll so therefore I am happy for him to remain in his position. None of us can claim to have any idea whether I am right or wrong.

I like a lot about O'Driscoll, agree with a lot of the things he is doing and have actually seem glimmers in almost every game this season that suggest we could have something and we may develop into a decent team so at the moment I am still fully behind him. That doesn't change the fact that the defence seems just as weak as when he got here, he appears to have signed a clown to play in goal and we are still looking for a league win. I cannot believe that anybody in the real world would expect the fans of any team to not have a certain amount of people looking to criticise the man in charge.

Football fans may not be perfect, but we are a long, long way away from being the main problem at this club.

I don't say this lightly - that is by far and away the fairest, well balanced and most pertinent post, every word of it, that I can recall seeing on here for a very long time.

Archived