IGNORED

Steve Phillips

Keepers Ball

Messaged him last night to congratulate him. I have known him since his Paulton Rovers days and he is a top bloke. Raised loads of money for charity during the summer. Think he had, at times very unjust criticism whilst playing for us. And i am sure some people will find it very interesting, the reason he left us, if and when he reveals it.

Messaged him last night to congratulate him. I have known him since his Paulton Rovers days and he is a top bloke. Raised loads of money for charity during the summer. Think he had, at times very unjust criticism whilst playing for us. And i am sure some people will find it very interesting, the reason he left us, if and when he reveals it.

Because Basso took his place?

Liked Phillips a lot, Johnson wanted him out and if your face didn't fit with Johnson you were finished so I could understand him leaving, I could even just about forgive him signing for the gas, local club-big fish in small pool, all that but my respected for him died the night we plsyd them in the paint pot cup.! as I watched on in horror from the Williams he trotted down to the east end actually kissed the, gas badge ,on his shirt" he actually, KISSED the horrible thing! since then I have wished him nothing but bad!

Harsh on Parish?

Ridiculous regarding Parish.

No idea what anyone can base that comment on, he has had little to do when picked but certainly has done nothing to warrant being called a "clown".

Congratulations to Phillips, 600 games is some achievement, though GJ was proved right when Basso replaced him.

Ridiculous regarding Parish.

No idea what anyone can base that comment on, he has had little to do when picked but certainly has done nothing to warrant being called a "clown".

Congratulations to Phillips, 600 games is some achievement, though GJ was proved right when Basso replaced him.

Apologies to Parish re. clown comment. Always thought Philips was a touch arrogant and sulky, wonder if he still has the "stoppa" number-plate, "flappa" would of been more accurate

Apologies to Parish re. clown comment. Always thought Philips was a touch arrogant and sulky, wonder if he still has the "stoppa" number-plate, "flappa" would of been more accurate

Met the bloke in a club and was happy to chat goalkeeping and despite him being a pro and me an amateur was more than happy to listen to my stories even buying me a drink as we chatted

Very good keeper who was prone to the odd error but no more so then everyone else who we have had since including an England international.

He didnt leave on good terms and the fact he went to rovers didnt help but still a worthy career that many can only dream about. Was far too good to be a back up keeper but why them???

Congratulations to him anyway.

Archived