IGNORED

Fans Need To Wake Up......

Beni71

I am shocked to see some of the comments on the forum to remove SOD and also some of the immature comments.

Do any fans realise what has happened with the rovers and their conveyor belt of managers over the last three years? Changing managers is not the answer and I personally think SOD will turn things round in the coming months.

The world has changed and with any 'other' business would now be in liquidation given the millions of losses over the last three years, but thanks to steve lansdown we survive. The club went down the spend money route and it didn't work and the financial fair play rules add another dimension to the challenges we face when are paying some players championship wages.

What will a new manager add under the same constraints except more player changes and more instability. Bristol rovers hounded out manager after manager as they looked for short term fixes and look where they are today...

As painful as it seems we may need to go back to go forward but I'm sure there are those who will disagree but stability and trust are needed as we go through a transitional period. Up the city.

You're right - changing managers is not the answer. Finding a manager who can actually DO THE JOB is.

And don't forget the 'millions in losses over the last three years' is the fault of the board and the owner, who, let's face it, has manouevred the club into debt to himself, as well as removing the club's only real asset, its stadium.

The situation we are in now is down to Lansdown, so quite how we're supposed to thank him for this is beyond me.

100% agree with OP.

The club, Sean and the team are heading in the right direction. Show some mettle and stand with them. Time to be the kind of supporters you all claim to be. People wanted a revolution and personally I'm happy to lose a few fickle fans along the way if that's a consequence.

COYR.

Simply red seriously? Lansdown has backed manager after manager with funding for players and a huge revolving overdraft facility. Isn't a great he was willing to do that?

We have the right manager in SOD, we cannot go out and buy results as we don't have the money. Given the circumstances we face re wage bill and fair play rules I think even the so called 'great' managers fergie etc would need time to turn things round.

How refreshing to see some sensible comments -- if we continue with short term decisions we will never make any progress.

there has been a huge turnaround in the club -- still loads to be desired but it is clear most of the supporters relish what the changes may bring for our future.

Nearly every supporter on this forum has also supported the appointment of either McInnes or O'Driscoll or both -- please let us have some encouragement for stability over time. We need to be strong as well and as other posts say -- there is evident progress in the way we are playing -- we have been somewhat unlucky and if things had been a little less harsh we would be sitting comfortably mid table.

Grit the teeth, support the team and it will begin to change -- rocky road ahead but a stronger team and club -- I expect rather than just hope.

I don't know what half of the people on here would do if they couldn't moan about managers ,the football is getting better,we've got a new squad of players that are very young Rome wasn't built in a day bloody hell Alan Dicks would have been slaughtered if there were forums in them days ,look were he took us ,be patient and shut your moaning ****ing gobs until Christmas at least we need to have settled team and manager ,I know the results aren't great at present but this is a very exiting bunch of young good players who need time so like I said

SHUT THE **** UP and be patient

I get all of the new team, it will take time stuff, and yesterday at times you could see good signs. Whilst the team is in transition, what goes on off the pitch is not helping. Ticketing fiascos, the stadium debacle, overpriced poor quality drinks in the deh, over zealous stewarding, un availability of replica kit, all of these things are contributing to feelings of frustration with our club. Employ some people to get some of the basics correct, treat supporters (we are customers) with a bit of respect, communicate effectively and the club may find more of us willing to buy into the length of time this transition will take.

I get all of the new team, it will take time stuff, and yesterday at times you could see good signs. Whilst the team is in transition, what goes on off the pitch is not helping. Ticketing fiascos, the stadium debacle, overpriced poor quality drinks in the deh, over zealous stewarding, un availability of replica kit, all of these things are contributing to feelings of frustration with our club. Employ some people to get some of the basics correct, treat supporters (we are customers) with a bit of respect, communicate effectively and the club may find more of us willing to buy into the length of time this transition will take.

I'm not a customer thank you very much !

During the second half yesterday you could start to see an improvement on the field. The passing and movement were becoming much more effective and the midfield pressing was better. In fact Swindon were struggling to keep possession. It went wrong in the final 15 minutes when the pressing stopped and we were inviting pressure onto ourselves. We all know that we can't defend so that was the worst part.

glad to see the sane voices coming out - thought twice about visiting OTIB today - pleasantly surprised that many have the same view as I - stick with it - progress is being made, a good set up is being put in place and results will follow.

Ditto.

Some fans just worry about the last result above all else and when the results don't come, out come the knives. Thankfully some of us understand that changes and progress takes time. We are still some way off but as the season goes along things will get better.

100% agree with OP.

The club, Sean and the team are heading in the right direction. Show some mettle and stand with them. Time to be the kind of supporters you all claim to be. People wanted a revolution and personally I'm happy to lose a few fickle fans along the way if that's a consequence.

COYR.

Fickle fans? Oh please

100% agree with OP.

Heading in the right direction??

Top6 championship

Top 10 championship

Bottom 6 championship

Relegated

Relegation zone league 1

That appears to be going in completely the wrong direction, never mind transition, style of play, processes and outcomes, young team blah blah blah.

COYR.

Agree with op, the histrionics on here at the moment are nothing short of absurd. Interestingly came across this quote from Mourinio earlier talking about the 'bad start' Chelsea have had and the discontent there - "I've been in football for a long time and when results are not good I'm not expecting people to speak well about our team. But I'm building a different team and the most difficult thing is first to change the philosophy. That takes a little bit of time." Sound familiar?

Cue the "SOD has has since last season to sort this out ffs" responses...

Fickle fans? Oh please

Everyone was calling for a clear out of journeymen players and youth players promoted from within the club in or young hungry players brought in. When this happens they will make mistakes and perform inconsistently. We have to understand this rather than slag them off.

Everyone wants us to play passing football, but they aren't watching the same quality as Barcelona after 8 games the moaning starts.

Everyone wanted a manager with the vision to radically change the whole structure of the club ensuring consistent footballing philosophy at every level. His honesty and openness is greeted as refreshing and inciteful and an antedote for the usual manager cliches. Now he's criticised for giving a consistent message and abused personally for being boring and even how he looks.

Everyone wanted us to improve the scouting set so we picked up local kids rather than ignore them. The club are doing this and brought back someone with a love of the club to do this backed by Cat 2 status - punching well above our weight.

People were concerned about Lansdown's financial influence and the inability stand on it own as a club without his backing. He's changing the whole set up to make this happen and yet still people moan.

Yes, fickle.

Simply red seriously? Lansdown has backed manager after manager with funding for players and a huge revolving overdraft facility. Isn't a great he was willing to do that?

We have the right manager in SOD, we cannot go out and buy results as we don't have the money. Given the circumstances we face re wage bill and fair play rules I think even the so called 'great' managers fergie etc would need time to turn things round.

terrible senior managment,born out by consistant failure to employ the correct man to lead the team.awful use of funds then secured by re-structuring of the buisiness securing all monies owed on our main asset.think about it.whats suprising is this has all been "overseen" by an highly successful buisiness man-or maybe not so suprising.sure didnt bring the golden touch into BCFC from the day job,maybe we should have a word with his former partner in that enterprise and lure him to bs3!!!!

I'm certainly not fickle. If we'd won 5-0 last week and I said he was amazing, then we lost this week and I said he should be sacked, that's fickle. Moaning because we haven't won in 17 games is not

Look at the bigger picture and how the club is changing. I don't enjoy losing and would be happier if we were further up the league but right now this is detail. Nowhere near as important as changing the club's long term future which I'm convinced is all going in a positive direction.

All about opinions, but encouraged to see opinions like those of the OP being represented in addition to those of the usual reactionary lynch mob on here.

Agree with op, the histrionics on here at the moment are nothing short of absurd. Interestingly came across this quote from Mourinio earlier talking about the 'bad start' Chelsea have had and the discontent there - "I've been in football for a long time and when results are not good I'm not expecting people to speak well about our team. But I'm building a different team and the most difficult thing is first to change the philosophy. That takes a little bit of time." Sound familiar?

Cue the "SOD has has since last season to sort this out ffs" responses...

Sounds very familiar. Aren't Chlsea top of the league though?

Archived