IGNORED

What Does Being A Bcfc Fan Mean To You, In One Sound Byte

Esmond Million's Bung

I was reading some of Swindon Rich's posts yesterday and it suddenly dawned on me, he is Swindon his Mrs is BCFC and I thought to my self, me and mrs have been married for 41 years but had I very early during our courting discovered she was a gashead or her family were gasheads (mind you it was probably my 2nd question anyway), I would have walked, I couldn't have lived with that it would have been a step to far for me.

Up until 25 it meant everything, never missed home games rarely missed away games. I think I have now started growing out of it, to such an extent I am not really missing it. Football really does not do it for me much any more, out of touch players and the camaraderie seems to be dying with the fans as well. It really isn't the club, team and support I once loved. It turned into a chore turning up on match days, and for me that is sad.

Up until 25 it meant everything, never missed home games rarely missed away games. I think I have now started growing out of it, to such an extent I am not really missing it. Football really does not do it for me much any more, out of touch players and the camaraderie seems to be dying with the fans as well. It really isn't the club, team and support I once loved. It turned into a chore turning up on match days, and for me that is sad.

but it still means a lot to you,otherwise why would you keep coming on here?

its still your team,still your city,whatever your gripes u will always be a red.

anyway for me its hope at 3,o'clock dispare at 5. then repeat.

Growing up in Jacob Wells at the age of 5 i could here this roar coming over the docks and thinking what the hell.

Age of 7 found out what i'd been hearing.

Went through the last bit of the Fords year into the Dicks years.

Went through all highs and lows possible, and most of the leagues grounds.Seen some fantastic players.

Now back with lows and a good moan, but i know i will see the highs again with my one and only club :city:

but it still means a lot to you,otherwise why would you keep coming on here?

its still your team,still your city,whatever your gripes u will always be a red.

anyway for me its hope at 3,o'clock dispare at 5. then repeat.

I think it is more to do with conversations with city fans rather than the football nowadays. Still love city of course, you can't stop doing that. Just don't enjoy it much anymore

I know it's love as its the only thing that holds any interest for me in the professional game itself.

If it wasn't for city, I'd rather keynsham rugby or Town, depending on who was at home.

it wouldn't be the same believe me. My local side is french ligue 1 side FC Lorient and they play the sort of football city are aspiring to the manager Christian Gourcuff and big buddy of Arsene is an amazing coach, I go to games when possible and watch every other games on tv, I feel pissed off when they lose but that usually lasts until my mrs calls for tea or I reach the beer tent at a game, with city I am pissed off and miserable all weekend, but my mrs bless her is used to it and usually makes a special dessert to cheer me up, it means more with city.

PS:- great game today home to Bordeaux 3-3 draw in hot sunshine, plenty of goalmouth action from 2 great passing sides.

Four years old standing on a stool with all my uncles and cousins and grand dad in the eastend. The colours the passion overwhelmed me. Its like love for a child sometimes they dissappoint you other times they make you ten feet tall, and like the love c for a child it is unconditional

it wouldn't be the same believe me. My local side is french ligue 1 side FC Lorient and they play the sort of football city are aspiring to the manager Christian Gourcuff and big buddy of Arsene is an amazing coach, I go to games when possible and watch every other games on tv, I feel pissed off when they lose but that usually lasts until my mrs calls for tea or I reach the beer tent at a game, with city I am pissed off and miserable all weekend, but my mrs bless her is used to it and usually makes a special dessert to cheer me up, it means more with city.

PS:- great game today home to Bordeaux 3-3 draw in hot sunshine, plenty of goalmouth action from 2 great passing sides.

Very jealous!

City have held me in spell binding depression for years now.

It was easier when I was younger and the drinking played a larger part of the match day experience.

Four years old standing on a stool with all my uncles and cousins and grand dad in the eastend. The colours the passion overwhelmed me. Its like love for a child sometimes they dissappoint you other times they make you ten feet tall, and like the love c for a child it is unconditional

"Four years old standing on a stool ,"well you must have seen enough of thèm on the pitch during this time ;9)

Same - I'm 27 and word for word I agree with everything you have said there.

Archived