IGNORED

Just Back From Shopping

TommoBS3

For a few years we were shopping at Waitrose and I must admit I was impressed with the quality there. The only problem is that we were spending more than we were earning so we have now reverted back to the normal store where we are more comfortable.

I have to say that in recent weeks I have become increasingly frustrated with my Missus performances. What really annoys me is a lack of passion and desire. There is no doubting her quality but sometimes she does not seem up for it. A couple of weeks ago she dithered infront of the baked beans and a more experienced, although clearly lower quality shopper, nipped in and got the last tin of Heinz. The same thing happens week in week out. The trolley contents are almost perfect and then some schoolboy errors ruin it. Saturday before last there was an unguarded checkout right in front of her, we were about 6 yards out and she turned and passed the trolley to my 19 year old neighbour. Said she needed more Thyme. The 19 year old moved sideways, the checkout got crowded out and the chance was gone.

Last Saturday really took the biscuit. I asked her to get me some lagers and she came back with John Smith's. Left a real bitter taste in my mouth.

Anyway, I live in hope and we go again tomorrow. If she can show some determination from the first aisle to the last and get the basics right, we have a chance of enjoying the week ahead.

My wife wandered around Tesco in a dream for about 80 minutes, getting vegetables, washing powder, kitchen towels. I was just going to call her off to go home when, in a lightning move, she grabbed the last two bottles of Natch and dashed to an empty checkout that had just opened.

If only she could keep up that performance for 90 minutes :(

Archived