IGNORED

Songs We Don't Sing Any More

luke_bristol

No. The stands had different types. By the eighties early ninties there were big diffrences. Section of stands were casual or shirter scarfer. Eastend now is going that way again more Atyeo like shirt scarfer add discount st lot and thats why its going into decline. Not all about results.

TBH I have not been down AG for along time vs Burnley. The worst thing I can remember is how bad the atmosphere was and it was not down the the game as it was a good game.

The best time I can remember for atmosphere was in the atyeo vs Everton.

But the thing I cant't get out of my head is a kid I went to collage said fans are having a go at fans for swearing.

On the flip side, a song we do still sing that we shouldn't - IMO- is. that durge.....'and it's Bristol City, Bristol City FC......'. Blah , Blah, apart from Real Madrid, Man Utd, Etc. We are nowhere near the greatest team the world has ever seen, so why sing it? Absolute rollocks.

On the flip side, a song we do still sing that we shouldn't - IMO- is. that durge.....'and it's Bristol City, Bristol City FC......'. Blah , Blah, apart from Real Madrid, Man Utd, Etc. We are nowhere near the greatest team the world has ever seen, so why sing it? Absolute rollocks.

And it will not impress the head coach, either.

hello, hello, we are the city boys

hello, hello, we are the city boys

(and?) if you are a Rovers fan surrender or you'll die

we all follow the city....

the referee's a winker

the referee's a winker

he's here, he's there, he's ducking everywhere

gerry gow, gerry gow

Singing aye aye whitehead on the wing

Singing aye aye whitehead on the wing

Singing aye aye whitehead

aye aye whitehead

aye aye whitehead on the wing

Was reminiscing about songs from our past that don't seem to get sang any more when I remembered the "Tom Thumb song" aka the "doo bee doos" !!!

WHen was the last time anyone sang that one? 2-2 draw vs Newcastle was when I last recall singing it, what a belter!!

Love the "Doo bee Doos" song as I have not heard any other team sing it so if its unique we should keep it going and its even child friendly !

Some of these songs would've been great last week at Swindle but there was nothing bar some sporadic chanting which was disappointing. Like the everywhere we go song etc.

The quality of support from both teams at Swindon was awful. We scored then started singing "your not singing anymore" at Swindon fans who werent singing anyway. Then both teams sat in silence for a while, they scored and just sang the same song back to us. Poor effort.

I remember playing Reading away, pretty sure it was when Gerard Lavin hoofed the ball directly into the home.

It's not really a song we don't sing anymore because I only heard the particular version once anyway

Reading fans started to singing, You're Welsh and you know you are (repeat)

CIty fans in reply started singing. You're French and you know you are.

It was a very strange afternoon.

That's because the boys behind it stopped it when Johnson was here because it had become boring and it was missing the point of get behind the team. They are putting out stickers saying support your local club with Mr O'Driscoll on them.

And also because the Dolman nearly collapsed when it did actually bounce!

Archived