IGNORED

Two Words For Today-Frustrating And Unfortunate.

Robbored

If we hadn't conceded yet another sloppy goal, the score would have been 1-0 to us. That's a win for us.

You obviously struggle with your reading. I'll say it again (you can check if you like), we didn't win because we were dodgy at the back AND punchless up front.

Sloppy?

It was a header from a cross, their player rose above ours.

Well well well... Today was shocking. Instead of getting a new defender in I strongly believe we need a new striker. Jet was to deep today and baldock just isnt being given the chances. Pack had a poor game... best player for me today was flint. He seemed to be the only one who turnt up in full force.

Many positives from today though. We just gotta stop hoofing the ball up top.

flint was dire today. Yes he shows passion but they bypassed him so easily so many times.

And pack was our best player. Some of his passing was unbelievable and he kept us ticking all game.

Nice to see were getting improved results against the lesser teams! Until we get a destroyer and someone who can pick out a pass to baldock we will continue to concede goals and struggle to get back in games if we fall behind.as this aint likely then a change in formation, allowing more support to assist baldock is now needed.we don't need big changes but this belief that things will turn because of a high percentage of possession is getting tiresome as until the ball is passed quicker and we play generally at a higher tempo teams like colchester will come to the gate and be given an easy ride.

I doubt the players go out confident of a win when SOD's pre-match talk boils down to we're crap,

So you are privy to whats said in the dressing room, what is you match day role behind the scenes that give you such insight? or perhaps your just making up shit

Then again you could take Baldock comment after the game and he was in the dressing room to hear SOD's pre-match talk

“But we’re not short of confidence, that’s for sure. You can see that the team is fluid, making chances and playing an exciting brand of football.

2 words for today? possession and unthreatening(if that's a word).

We had a lot of the ball and passed it round better than we have for a while, but like others have said its not the amount of time you hang onto the ball that's wins you the points. We still lack that cutting edge, that bit of quality. We choose the wrong options, passing when we should take the shot and snatching a shot when the better option was to pass.

An improvement yes, but these are baby steps when we need giant strides. The longer we fail to register a win the bigger burden it becomes, like our clean sheet headache last season.

Oh, and I don't think the subs were right today either, Reid should have stayed on, unless injured? Yes Harewood made a difference, but I think the wrong player came off. Elliott don't need to come on either, pointless.

So you are privy to whats said in the dressing room, what is you match day role behind the scenes that give you such insight? or perhaps your just making up shit

Then again you could take Baldock comment after the game and he was in the dressing room to hear SOD's pre-match talk

“But we’re not short of confidence, that’s for sure. You can see that the team is fluid, making chances and playing an exciting brand of football.

I said " I doubt" which, as far as can tell is an expression of opinion rather than a claim of inside knowledge. I go on to use moderate language based on that view as I try to do, though no doubt not always successfully.. For all I know he is the new Churchill behind the scenes. I simply suggest that his public utterances are less than helpful to the cause and risk undermining players and fans alike. The phrase I used elsewhere was as self fulfilling prophecy.

Colchester could hardly field a team today with 9 first team players out injured.

Great point lads.

Talking to some actual Colchester fans on the train back they said that's been overstated and most of the players out are reserves.

Still should've beaten them though they were the joint worst team we've played this season along with Gillingham. Based on that they'll be in trouble this season.

That's at least 3 times this season I've seen us concede like this. We aren't commanding enough in the air in our own box, despite Flints height. This division is full of teams ready to exploit that and they are doing so.

Full circle now, sloppy at the back - that's why we didn't win?

And yes I can read very well thanks, but I don't see how this affected the game.

We concede headers, like all teams. Not sloppy is it?

If we'd lost 1-2 then that would have been a sloppy way to lose. However Williams did an excellent job to recover and block their player. That was actually top notch from our DEFENDER.

Colchester could hardly field a team today with 9 first team players out injured.

Great point lads.

On the programme they had a squad if 35, we had one of 26. They didn't struggle to field a team, their team was weakend. Shame we didn't make advantage of their injuries. We though, have our own bunch of injuries. Pearson, Carey, O'Conner, Kelly, Killkenny I think and Taylor returning from injury. Every side has injuries and you need a squad that can deal with injuries.

Either way, dissapointed we didn't win today. Although we had large spells of possesion we didn't really create any chances.

Fair play to Marlon Harewood today. Tried to get the fans going before the game and during, gave the Colchester defence another problem when he came on too.

On the programme they had a squad if 35, we had one of 26. They didn't struggle to field a team, their team was weakend. Shame we didn't make advantage of their injuries. We though, have our own bunch of injuries. Pearson, Carey, O'Conner, Kelly, Killkenny I think and Taylor returning from injury. Every side has injuries and you need a squad that can deal with injuries.

Either way, dissapointed we didn't win today. Although we had large spells of possesion we didn't really create any chances.

Fair play to Marlon Harewood today. Tried to get the fans going before the game and during, gave the Colchester defence another problem when he came on too.

Glad I can read a thought out opinion and not a fickle, single minded one.

I agree with you on all points.

I said " I doubt" which, as far as can tell is an expression of opinion rather than a claim of inside knowledge. I go on to use moderate language based on that view as I try to do, though no doubt not always successfully.. For all I know he is the new Churchill behind the scenes. I simply suggest that his public utterances are less than helpful to the cause and risk undermining players and fans alike. The phrase I used elsewhere was as self fulfilling prophecy.

I should add that Baldock's comments were the sort of thing I would rather hear from SOD. Positive, showing some confidence but not OTT, even if some fans would not agree with some of what he said. He seems to be very good at that aspect of captaincy.

It was the typical league one game I was dreading when we got relegated. Unambitious away side turns up for a draw. Nicks a goal and defends with 11 men. We weren't good enough to break them down. If we could zip the ball around quicker, like the first half against the gas, we'd surely have beaten them today. It's just so laboured at the moment. 15 passes at no pace to get back to where we started.

Sums up today's game from a City fan perspective.

63% possession,

23 attempts on goal, 7 on target.

15 corners to 3,

City dominated both halves and how we didn't win is a mystery.

Colchesters blatant time wasting virtually all game and the ref doing nothing about it until the last 5 mins.

I've got two words as well.

Still no.

And two more.

League wins.

Actually I enjoyed the game today and thought we played quite well in parts.

Now, where do I find that "played quite well" table...

Full circle now, sloppy at the back - that's why we didn't win?

And yes I can read very well thanks, but I don't see how this affected the game.

We concede headers, like all teams. Not sloppy is it?

If we'd lost 1-2 then that would have been a sloppy way to lose. However Williams did an excellent job to recover and block their player. That was actually top notch from our DEFENDER.

I'm not sure if you've mixed up what I've said with another poster, but I really don't know what you're talking about with the full circle bit. I responded to the OP by stating from the outset that I thought we had problems at BOTH ends of the pitch today. Was poor defending part of it, yes. The header looked pretty unchallenged to me, so yes, I'd call that sloppy.

The Williams challenge was indeed excellent, but he was helped by a poor touch from their forward, the ball got away from him and that allowed us to recover. However, the situation only came about because of cock-up at the back in the first place. I'm sorry to say it, but our defence troubles are still very much with us.

First half though it was far too slow. As I've said before, until we stop giving these soft goals away then the potential will never be unlocked.

I have to agree with you, it was like they were playing at half speed first half, frightened to play with any pace and urgency in-case they made the wrong choice. It wasn't until the last 20 minutes that things started to liven up.

By then it was too late I had already slit both my wrists and bled out in the stands.

Well well well... Today was shocking. Instead of getting a new defender in I strongly believe we need a new striker. Jet was to deep today and baldock just isnt being given the chances. Pack had a poor game... best player for me today was flint. He seemed to be the only one who turnt up in full force.

Many positives from today though. We just gotta stop hoofing the ball up top.

We didn't hoof it. The ball stayed on the deck until Harewood came on and we occasionally went more direct. At that point we actually became a bit more of an attacking threat.

My opinion of the game

Colchester turned up wanting a draw, at 0-0 the keeper was taking 15-20 seconds for a goal kick regularly (yes I counted, he took so long on some before then I was wondering how long he was taking)

Plenty of possession but not enough of a threat, I think we should try Harewood, baldock and jet from the start, at least in home games

Some people go there just to moan, there were some people behind me who were complaining form the kick off, one of them missed our goal because he was moaning and checking other scores

We were unlucky, imo a stone wall penalty wasn't given to us and then Colchester scored to the break after

The foul on Maloney I'd didn't have a great view of but looked to me like a red wouldn't have been a bad decision but as I didn't have a great view I'm not sure

I think it was a massivly improved performance than against Peterborough and Shrewsbury and I think we will either beat port vale or Crawley for our first win

There's just no pleasing City fans. We had 63% possession and dominated the game, please tell me when was the last time we did that???

A few years ago in the Johnson era where we were winning 1-0 or 2-1, there were fans moaning about the performance and about the lack of possession in the game.

This is not going to happen over night, it just needs to click and we will be away. I personally still think we need a couple of additions to the side, a striker and defender for me. Keep the faith and support your local team

63% possession,

15 corners to 3,

Colchesters blatant time wasting virtually all game and the ref doing nothing about it until the last 5 mins.

sounds to me like a lot better, and hopefully transition is actually transitioning.

Of course, there will always be depressing, arrogant, morons who would openly mock the club they profess to support even if their club were to lose marginally in the Champions League final.

Do have issues with the club, but can't help but try to support the team itself - sounds like we'll be alright and hopefully ******* bounce.

63% possession,

15 corners to 3,

physical target man with mobility and presence to help Sam Baldock with the old workload.not that much of a mystery.

There's just no pleasing City fans. We had 63% possession and dominated the game, please tell me when was the last time we did that???

A few years ago in the Johnson era where we were winning 1-0 or 2-1, there were fans moaning about the performance and about the lack of possession in the game.

This is not going to happen over night, it just needs to click and we will be away. I personally still think we need a couple of additions to the side, a striker and defender for me. Keep the faith and support your local team

Are you quite serious? No pleasing us? We havent won for six and a half months!

Yesterday was an utterly miserable game of football against the sort of tin pot opposition we thought we'd left behind for good a few years ago. Anybody satisfied that this is where our clb has ended up needs to take a look at themselves.

Archived