IGNORED

Sod Out!

OneManMob

Absolutely.

One of the biggest mistakes was the interview straight after Wembley saying that the expectation the following year was top 2. The general fans' expectations have been over inflated since

Yep, and I firmly believe that withSO'D and the situation we are in now, rightly or wrongly our expectations have been permanently lowered. We are now in a position where some fans are questioning if we will win a game before Christmas, we sound like a club that have struggled and fought tooth and nail to get into league one and anything but relegation would be an achievement.

I didn't think that we'd do particularly well this season as we needed the overhaul financially and on the playing field, however did I think it would become this bad before it got this good, uhhhhm nope.

I love the ideology of becoming the next Swansea and I'm aware that they fell further in their circle to become the club they are, however it's just ideology, it's not guaranteed, far from it, in fact I'd actually say its more unrealistic with ffp now in place.

Those saying we won't get relegated, we are turning a corner are subscribing to the same ideology that they be little other fans for, that mentality that says " we should win this, it's only Colchester, or whoever", sooner or later a team and its hierarchy will get judged by results, win or lose.

I'd love to see the blue print that's in place for success or the dossier that SO'D produced at interview to secure the job, the master plan, I wonder did it evolve relegation, not winning an away league game or failing to pick up 3 points until or October or beyond..........I doubt it, as much as I understand what we are TRYING to do, I don't want to see us still trying to do it in 8 seasons time, ring any bells........

No the reason is poor managers are chosen, inc 2 ex players with no exp, a Scottish manager and Mr dreary who does what his bosses tell him to. But if you believe its their fault or the fans fault not their employer, that's up to you.

But the point is that its one thing - and very easy - to sit there and go through each of our six managers and tell us they've been poor. My guess is that if we got rid of SOD then in 9 months time you'd be telling us how the next one had been a mistake, and then nine months after that the next one - and so on. And all the time we're going nowhere.

Unless, of course, you know the name of that elusive character - the manager who guarantees success?? Trouble is, 90 other clubs would want want to know that too - including Man Utd! - and some of them have a lot more money than us to offer.

I'm not saying its anyone's fault that a particular manager hasn't been a success - what I'm saying is that changing managers - whoever they are - every 9 months is pretty much a guarantee (indeed, is a symptom) of long term failure, and we need to break that cycle and give someone a proper chance. As others have noted, Alan Dicks took 5 years to achieve anything remotely like success. And yes, I have seen enough in what SOD's doing to think that we should stick with it.

Archived