IGNORED

Fa Cup

myol'man

As we will be joining in the First round proper this season I had a look at the results from this weekends second qualifying round.

With only 2 more rounds to go until League 1 and 2 clubs enter I see there are still quite a few local non-league teams still involved.

Brislington, Yate, Weston-super-Mare, Clevedon and Bath City are through to QR3 while Bristol Manor Farm have a replay at Bridgwater. Could be one or two left in when it gets to the 1st round.

Trip up the Creek anyone? :chant6ez:

As we will be joining in the First round proper this season I had a look at the results from this weekends second qualifying round.

With only 2 more rounds to go until League 1 and 2 clubs enter I see there are still quite a few local non-league teams still involved.

Brislington, Yate, Weston-super-Mare, Clevedon and Bath City are through to QR3 while Bristol Manor Farm have a replay at Bridgwater. Could be one or two left in when it gets to the 1st round.

Guessing Brislington or Yate away would be moved to our ground.

Day out in weston would be fun.

Not in November.

The Conference teams enter at the Q4 round, so we could get Forest Green. Then again, we could have Carlisle or Hartlepool away.

Round 3 has 64 teams in it and is when the 42 teams from Prem & Champs enter. Thus only 22 of the 48 teams in the lower divs plus 20 non league teams will be reduced to 22 before any of us take on the big boys.

Unusual incident in the 1st qualifying round this side of the country. Huntingdon were losing 2-1 with 3 minutes to go at Sleaford. Huntingdon were awarded a throw in, so the Sleaford coach tried sitting on the ball. Pushing & shoving led to a 22 man brawl! Both teams were thrown out of the competition and the team the winners should have played inQ2 were awarded a walk over to Q3.

Went to Cheltenham away last year with Yate, good day out actually.

Not in November.

The Conference teams enter at the Q4 round, so we could get Forest Green. Then again, we could have Carlisle or Hartlepool away.

Round 3 has 64 teams in it and is when the 42 teams from Prem & Champs enter. Thus only 22 of the 48 teams in the lower divs plus 20 non league teams will be reduced to 22 before any of us take on the big boys.

Unusual incident in the 1st qualifying round this side of the country. Huntingdon were losing 2-1 with 3 minutes to go at Sleaford. Huntingdon were awarded a throw in, so the Sleaford coach tried sitting on the ball. Pushing & shoving led to a 22 man brawl! Both teams were thrown out of the competition and the team the winners should have played inQ2 were awarded a walk over to Q3.

wish id been there to see that one,sounds action packed

Grounds have to meet minimum FA requirements for Non-league teams to be allowed in the Cup and as far as i'm aware have stopped

Clubs swapping home advantage as it takes away the essence of the little Club competing against a bigger Club, Brislington who are at step 5 level have a capacity of 3,000

so if they got through the next 2 rounds which is a big ask it could accomodate most away support although if it was City, screens would have to be put up at Victory Park!

Grounds have to meet minimum FA requirements for Non-league teams to be allowed in the Cup and as far as i'm aware have stopped

Clubs swapping home advantage as it takes away the essence of the little Club competing against a bigger Club, Brislington who are at step 5 level have a capacity of 3,000

so if they got through the next 2 rounds which is a big ask it could accomodate most away support although if it was City, screens would have to be put up at Victory Park!

There is no chance of Brislington V City being at Iron Mould Lane. If City draw a local minnow the game would be moved to the Memorial Ground. Of course if we drew Weston or Bath City their grounds could cope, but any of the local Bristol teams would have to switch to the Mem.

Paulton played Norwich at Winterfield Road which is a nice ground but smaller than Ironmould Lane so if the FA Council were happy with the facilities then perhaps Brislington fc with a

Capacity of 3000 could facilitate it. But a Western league team beating Weston, a Conference South side who are flying in their league is a massive ask and another round after that too.

Paulton played Norwich at Winterfield Road which is a nice ground but smaller than Ironmould Lane so if the FA Council were happy with the facilities then perhaps Brislington fc with a

Capacity of 3000 could facilitate it. But a Western league team beating Weston, a Conference South side who are flying in their league is a massive ask and another round after that too.

Paulton is a decent ground with good facilities, I think the ground at Briz is great and my favourite in the local area but surely wouldn't be able to cope because of the lack of refreshment/toilet/parking facilities, always seemed to be a big city following with all the Briz teams/players i've known over the years from the juniors upwards, I can't see Briz beating WSM though, they have a very decent team down there, might pop along myself, maybe we can get a couple of coaches from the GI!

Archived