IGNORED

Centre Half?

leadman

so, is it because there's no money or is it because we cant find a decent loanee?

from what I can see, we are desperate to bring someone in and SOD said so 2 weeks ago.

The first bit I'd say.

Reckon we'll try to get through this weeks game with what we've got, hope the Crawley game is called off and then pray like **** that Carey is fit for the next game.

I think there are loads of good CB who would't cost a lot we just don't have a good scouting network to pick them up.

Watched Yeovil last night and was very impressed by their new loaner centre half Shane Duffy on loan from Everton.Big commanding and very vocal.Think he's only there for a month and didn't look out of place against a very good Leicester side.

People think it's incredibly easy getting good players in on loan.

Remember how difficult we found it was to get Craig Dawson in last season. We were desperate, were willing to pay but the parent club weren't able to commit.

There are very few decent centre backs on loan in this division. Someone like Shane Duffy is a great signing for Yeovil, but would Everton have let him go to play 3rd tier football, or did they want his next progression to be Tier 2 football?

Martin Taylor is on loan at Brentford - he's 33.

Jamie Sendies-White & Matt Taylor are on loan at Colchester - both are not better than what we have.

There are no other CB's on loan in this division.

If we're looking to bring someone in they have to be better than what we have (i.e. he'll be looking for a starter), and there aren't a huge amount of those available. Anyone who is good enough might be earmarking a loan to the Championship rather than L1, so it's no easy task.

Just to put that into perspective.

Josh17 - You've said there's loads of players out there but our scouting is poor. Well, I know for a fact that our scouting has improved tenfold under this new regime, but I'm sure they'll be happy to hear some of your suggestions. Please post your names on here. That's a genuine invitation by the way, I'm not having a pop.

Remember how difficult we found it was to get Craig Dawson in last season. We were desperate, were willing to pay but the parent club weren't able to commit.

There are very few decent centre backs on loan in this division. Someone like Shane Duffy is a great signing for Yeovil, but would Everton have let him go to play 3rd tier football, or did they want his next progression to be Tier 2 football?

Jamie Sendies-White & Matt Taylor are on loan at Colchester - both are not better than what we have.

If we're looking to bring someone in they have to be better than what we have (i.e. he'll be looking for a starter), and there aren't a huge amount of those available. Anyone who is good enough might be earmarking a loan to the Championship rather than L1, so it's no easy task.

Josh17 - You've said there's loads of players out there but our scouting is poor. Well, I know for a fact that our scouting has improved tenfold under this new regime, but I'm sure they'll be happy to hear some of your suggestions. Please post your names on here. That's a genuine invitation by the way, I'm not having a pop.

Sorry mate people can't have it both ways, when I dared suggest that if Baldock got injured we would be in the shit and we should be looking for a back up now, I was shot down in flames, because apparently we now have a database of available players and we wouldn't need to panic or bring our usual parade of journeymen because at the flick of a button they were all there awaiting our call, assuming that the database is not from the same software company who deal with BCFC ticketing or that the database has been updated or the server is the same used by this forum.

OK I got carried away there's not that many decent pro defenders in any league really.

Could Monk be available or would he or would Swansea reject the bid?

Is the downs any good for picking up players or not really?

IMHO I can only think that the club should scout schools more as a lot of good players don't play for the school team.

Honest question is Williams any good?

Its not the football clubs fault but players should be thought how to and the importance of defending .

When I saw a video of more on BBC I thorough to myself He'l be turning in his grave watching the defenders these days.

If we're looking to get a defender on loan, we've got to be looking at either promising Premiership players a la Caulker or solid Championship types who aren't getting a game.

As we've already got Williams, I guess we should be looking at the out of favour championship defenders.

O'Connor looked okay - we just need someone with a similar background.

OK I got carried away there's not that many decent pro defenders in any league really.

Could Monk be available or would he or would Swansea reject the bid?

Is the downs any good for picking up players or not really?

IMHO I can only think that the club should scout schools more as a lot of good players don't play for the school team.

Honest question is Williams any good?

Its not the football clubs fault but players should be thought how to and the importance of defending .

When I saw a video of more on BBC I thorough to myself He'l be turning in his grave watching the defenders these days.

well ,our old friend gary Monk again eh?..last time around he wanted,obviosly,to stay put and play for a place-at least in the matchday squad,have no idea weather he has or has not featured at all for them recently?..would be fantastic for us but will league one be somewhere he is yet ready to go??..the Downs????.nice walk but not sure where your going there??

well ,our old friend gary Monk again eh?..last time around he wanted,obviosly,to stay put and play for a place-at least in the matchday squad,have no idea weather he has or has not featured at all for them recently?..would be fantastic for us but will league one be somewhere he is yet ready to go??..the Downs????.nice walk but not sure where your going there??

Played once so far in the LC.I was just wondering if there are any good players who play in the downs league.

Options could be:

Dunk

St Ledger

Nosworthy

All not currently in Champioship first teams.

They might not be in their teams but how do we know their clubs are happy to let them out on loan? We could've asked about 20 players and been told they're not being let out, or we can have them but their wages are too high or the player himself doesn't want to come here. They may be options but it don't mean we can get them.

Monk is injured at the minute.

What about eruope surly there is a c b somewhere in their lower divisons that would be good enough for us, may be some of our fans from abroad could suggest or scouts could look at,I know we did not good success with some players but we have had some good ones to.

Not to mention the utter shit he did loan in and play....McManus was meant to be a world beater wasn't he? Not even suitable to be a ******* panel beater.

still one of the worst managerial moments i'll ever witness when he made McManus captain for the Hull game live on Sky. A player on a one month loan as our captain...

Archived