IGNORED

Gj's First Year In Charge

devoncider

According to some on here, GJ seems to be able to do no wrong and be the answer to all the world's problems. His first game in charge was a 3-2 away win at Brentford IIRC, and then we went on a 9 game LOSING streak, ended in December with a home win (2-0 vs ? Cotterill scored I think). That season we missed out on the play-offs and the next year he obviously won us promotion. Just shows SL backed the gaffer and it paid off.

Just a thought - in SOD we trust.

According to some on here, GJ seems to be able to do no wrong and be the answer to all the world's problems. His first game in charge was a 3-2 away win at Brentford IIRC, and then we went on a 9 game LOSING streak, ended in December with a home win (2-0 vs ? Cotterill scored I think). That season we missed out on the play-offs and the next year he obviously won us promotion. Just shows SL backed the gaffer and it paid off.

Do we need another thread like this??

Gary Johnson actually won 3 of his first 4 games in charge, before the losing streak.

I take it that was you i saw walking round BS3 wearing a 'I heart SOD' sandwich board and ringing a bell then!!

Edit - The 2-0 win was v Huddersfield.

Gary Johnson actually won 3 of his first 4 games in charge, before the losing streak.

I take it that was you i saw walking round BS3 wearing a @I heart SOD' sandwich board and ringing a bell then!!

another thread like this?

and in SOD's first few games in charge we kept our first clean sheets of the season, beating Watford and Forest.

Football is a game of opinions...

I take it that was you i saw walking round BS3 wearing a 'I heart SOD' sandwich board and ringing a bell then!!

Evidently so, judging by your detailed reply! :thumbsup:

another thread like this?

and in SOD's first few games in charge we kept our first clean sheets of the season, beating Watford and Forest.

Football is a game of opinions...

What opinion are you relaying, that you trust SOD?

Fine if you do, just don't see why some people feel the need to do a character assassination on GJ to try to prove that SOD is doing a good job.

It was only August when Arsenal were a "Club in Crisis" according to some of their fans and the media. Those were the days eh?

Yeah, this.

We've drawn more than we've lost, and asides from Peterborough they've all been narrow defeats.

Plenty of people on here talked about this being a season of transition; well, this is what one looks like.

The difference is GJ is a quality manager.

The difference is GJ is a quality manager.

Well that's up for debate.

He did well with us, very well. He then messed that up royally, by bad management and terrible man management.

He also did a great job with Yovile, on more than one occasion.

Then there was the clubs that he completely failed at.

One things for sure he brought some great times to this club, but he really soured many a mouth with the way he lost it.

He did well with us, very well. He then messed that up royally, by bad management and terrible man management.

One things for sure he brought some great times to this club, but he really soured many a mouth with the way he lost it.

I agree with your sentiments, especially your comment on the other GJ thread about 'his time has come and gone'.

Sadly if SOD ends up getting the bullet I am sure that there will far too many will still hold him in some god like status during his time with us and so far has totally failed to deliver anything remotely described in your final sentence.

He's got a pretty decent record though Wolf. 42% win record in over 800 games as a manager, including some at international level.

But as you say, shame it all went tittius uppius.

I don't understand the comparison. Johnson's losing streak was right near the beginning of his reign and once he'd got things sorted it was onwards and upwards.

O'Driscoll's losing streak has pretty much been the story of his entire reign. There seems to be some sort unstated belief on here among some that the lower we fall the further we'll bounce back up again. I hope they're right because as a collective I think we're being very forgiving for what is a shocking run.

Archived