IGNORED

Lewis Dunk

Kid in the Riot

My BHA mate says:

"A very promising young player who is composed on the ball. He was looking very good until he was part of the court case that dragged his name through the mud & has struggled to get a look in since we signed Upson. He does have the odd rash tackle in him though. I would say he just needs games now & that he has a big future ahead of him."

Looking on BBC website, this kid had Prem clubs looking at him while he was still a teenager.

My BHA mate says:

"A very promising young player who is composed on the ball. He was looking very good until he was part of the court case that dragged his name through the mud & has struggled to get a look in since we signed Upson. He does have the odd rash tackle in him though. I would say he just needs games now & that he has a big future ahead of him."

Looking on BBC website, this kid had Prem clubs looking at him while he was still a teenager.

So did James Wilson, apparently.

forgetting his past outside of football (of which he was aquitted) this is a young player with a lot of promise and quality with the right attributes to go far.

This is one player we should be looking to keep. Take advantage of the fact hes not really fit and get him on the cheap. I'm sure he would turn into a great player.

With this signing also, I can see us playing 5 at the back with dunk, flint and williams in the centre with cunningham/shorey and moloney as wing backs. 3 cm's of pack, reid and wynter with JET and baldock up top.

For those that would ask 'where's bryan in that?' well we have the ability to change shape when substituting so changing to a 4-4-2 would bring on wagstaff and bryan into midfield for dunk and one of the cm's.

Very pleased with squad tbh, just need fortunes to turn around

My BHA mate says:

"A very promising young player who is composed on the ball. He was looking very good until he was part of the court case that dragged his name through the mud & has struggled to get a look in since we signed Upson. He does have the odd rash tackle on him though. I would say he just needs games now & that he has a big future ahead of him."

Any links to the accusation he had?

how about this posted for me on another forum i use from a pal in brighton and a regular spectator there.

'Bristol city have just taken one of ours on loan, Lewis Dunk. He's a young, but skilful centre half. I think the City crowd will take to him with his languid look and his ability to control the back four.'
take control, now that sounds promising dont it

On the face of it a very good signing, i'm just surprised at the complete turn around in 24 hours about bringing in young players, perhaps the data base crashed?.

He's 21, but plenty of Championship experience.

Fits both bills really.

Really? are you sure about that?, only last week some on here were claiming that some of our current younger players some with over 150 games under their belts (100 less than Dunk) were 'inexperienced'.

Yep, those claims were valid. They were inexperienced "at this level".

Dunk was a regular in a very good team that nearly got promoted. He's got himself a good deal of Tier 2 experience at a young age.

He fits both bills for me. He's young AND he's got a good looking CV already.

He's 21, but plenty of Championship experience.

Fits both bills really.

The thing is H, it's a bit of a U-turn from yesterday. I think Dunk will be OK but it's a departure from this

In an ideal world, City's head coach would like to loan an experienced defenderlb_icon1.png to help his younger players.

He said: "I could go and get a young lad from a Premier League club, someone who needs to go out and get first-team football but, in the position we are in, I can't really afford to put another youngster in.

"In an ideal world, you would like an older player with a bit more experience to come in and help the young-uns."

Read more: http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/story-19886458-detail/story.html#!#ixzz2gmbVM6Eg

Follow us: @thisisbristol on Twitter | thisisbristol on Facebook

Yep, those claims were valid. They were inexperienced "at this level".

Dunk was a regular in a very good team that nearly got promoted. He's got himself a good deal of Tier 2 experience at a young age.

He fits both bills for me. He's young AND he's got a good looking CV already.

Well then that explains Williams and maybe Pack, what about the rest of our new signings?, why are we struggling? and I can't be arsed to checked but a very high percentage of teams come up from the 2nd division and complete and establish themselves, the gulf between the 1st and 2nd divisions isn't really that great.

The thing is H, it's a bit of a U-turn from yesterday. I think Dunk will be OK but it's a departure from this

In an ideal world, City's head coach would like to loan an experienced defenderlb_icon1.png to help his younger players.

He said: "I could go and get a young lad from a Premier League club, someone who needs to go out and get first-team football but, in the position we are in, I can't really afford to put another youngster in.

"In an ideal world, you would like an older player with a bit more experience to come in and help the young-uns."

Read more: http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/story-19886458-detail/story.html#!#ixzz2gmbVM6Eg

Follow us: @thisisbristol on Twitter | thisisbristol on Facebook

Fair points Glyn, but the phrase "in an ideal world" is prevalent here for me.

Perhaps we were looking at other, more experienced options, but none were available or the right deal.

With Dunk, we've got a lad who's young enough to be extremely keen to show his best rather than just pick up a paycheck, plus he's got a healthy amount of experience at Champ level for a bloody good football team.

Time will obviously tell, but on paper, this is a very good loan signing.

Perhaps we were looking at other, more experienced options, but none were available or the right deal.

With Dunk, we've got a lad who's young enough to be extremely keen to show his best rather than just pick up a paycheck, plus he's got a healthy amount of experience at Champ level for a bloody good football team.

The ideal world changed in 24 hours, umm how long has he been looking?.

Lets hope so H, I certainly think he can do a job.

I just hope it's not another case of we can't get what we want so we'll settle for anybody. We've been down that road too often in the past. I also hope this doesn't knock Williams confidence, I'm sure he'd understand had we brought in an experienced player, but may not feel the same about being replaced by a 21 year old who's played 45 league games in 3 seasons.

Well then that explains Williams and maybe Pack, what about the rest of our new signings?, why are we struggling? and I can't be arsed to checked but a very high percentage of teams come up from the 2nd division and complete and establish themselves, the gulf between the 1st and 2nd divisions isn't really that great.

Our 'experience' at THIS level is not great, let alone picking up someone with 40 odd games at a HIGHER level.

Parish, Maloney, Williams, Flint, Wagstaff, Reid, Bryan, Wynter, Taylor, Pack, Burns, McLaughlin all have less than 50 games at Tier 2 football under their belts.

Fielding, Cunningham and even Baldock have not much more than 50 appearances at Tier 2.

Hell, even Jet has only just 100.

Dunk has played football for 3 and a bit seasons as a pro, all of them at Level 2 football and can now legitimately be considered one of the more experienced players in the squad.

Archived