IGNORED

There's Always Someone Worse Off Than Yourself

Aizoon

OK, we've never won any major trophy, but neither have Port Vale, and they were founder members of the Football League!

Not quite. Port Vale were original members of Division Two when that started in 1892. They were only there until 1896 when they finished bottom and were not re-elected. They got back in two years later. They then resigned from the League in 1907 but came back in October 1919 when they took over the fixtures of Leeds City who had just gone into liquidation.

I've had another look at the history book. In 1968 PV had to apply for re-election after they were expelled from the league for misdeeds off the pitch.

I refer the Right Honourable member to the word major. We won the Welsh Cup too - and the Gloucester Cup - and the Crossbar Challenge...

To be fair we would have to make note that Port Vale won both the Staffordshire Senior Cup (1920, 2001) and Birmingham Senior Cup (1913).

I get the feeling that today's players won't choke or be getting too overawed by the lofty history of both clubs.

For a big club, our long history of winning bugger all is unacceptable

I would say we are massive,a sleeping giant on the shouders of another enormous giant wearing high heels and up a very high ladder.That's how big we are.

I'll remind you we have two trophy wins at Wembley,an Anglo scottish cup win And numerous Glos cup wins.

Ha Smoke that you doubters.

We are the red dread !

I would say we are massive,a sleeping giant on the shouders of another enormous giant wearing high heels and up a very high ladder.That's how big we are.

I'll remind you we have two trophy wins at Wembley,an Anglo scottish cup win And numerous Glos cup wins.

Ha Smoke that you doubters.

We are the red dread !

And we beat the mighty Tranmere to win the Welsh Cup :winner_third_h4h:

I refer the Right Honourable member to the word major. We won the Welsh Cup too - and the Gloucester Cup - and the Crossbar Challenge...

My honourable friend makes a worthy point, but I insist on referring him to the point I made, er, yesterday. This has been a long sitting in the House.zzzzzz

Football League Honours

Other Honours

A list of honour's to put fear into any opposition player!!! :worship2: :clapping: Not forgetting the Gloucestershire cup!

Archived