IGNORED

Vale Vs City Match Thread

Who Are Rovers?

Usually i would agree with you, however it doesn't seem to work for us. We cannot defend under pressure and thats exactly what happens when we go defensive late on. We invite teams to exploit our weakness. When we have a solid back four we can employ these tactics, but not now, not when we are chasing that elusive win.

I suspect that there are people here who, with 2 minutes to go, already had their fingers poised over the keyboard to type "OK, we won today, but we're still 17th", or words to that effect.

No manager on the planet could have stopped Flint from making that mistake, or stopped the woodwork denying us twice in the first half. As to the poster who reeled off a string of abuse at Flint, he (or she) should be ashamed. Flint played a blinder today, and is sicker now than anybody who's never done it themselves can possibly imagine.

Listened on player. Sounded like we absolutely bossed the game and 1 mistake cost us. Those calling for SOD's head clearly know little about football. By the sounds of it we were class today, and one mistake away from the perfect away performance. The luck will come, we'll just have to stick with it. Up the City.

sh1t_ref_again, on 05 Oct 2013 - 5:29 PM, said:snapback.png

I wonder Aizoon, do you have as much pleasure with your imaginary Hedgehog as you do trolling my posts all the time?

If you continue to talk rowlocks I will continue to contradict you. And my stuffed hedgehog is at least a good a judge of a manager as you are. A year ago you were calling for McInnes' head, now it's O'Driscoll. This without any appreciation of the difference in what they're achieving on and off the field.

People are coming back from Burslem raving about City's performance today- presumably they're all happy clappers. Port Vale fans are saying the same - happy clappers too, I presume?

If you continue to talk rowlocks I will continue to contradict you. And my stuffed hedgehog is at least a good a judge of a manager as you are. A year ago you were calling for McInnes' head, now it's O'Driscoll. This without any appreciation of the difference in what they're achieving on and off the field.

People are coming back from Burslem raving about City's performance today- presumably they're all happy clappers. Port Vale fans are saying the same - happy clappers too, I presume?

We can perform all we like if we don't get some better results and soon, we will be performing in the bottom tier next season.

Put him on ignore aizoon, he's a pathetic idiot who loves the attention!

He is only expressing his views, and I thought attacking the poster was against forum rules ?

Put him on ignore aizoon, he's a pathetic idiot who loves the attention!

He's stating a point of view - to which he's entitled. I don't agree with his point of view, but this is a forum - you know like the Romans had: a place where different opinions are debated.

These things happens sounds like we bossed the game.

Need a win, hopefully that'll be the start of a run.

It's not great, but at the end of the day we've only lost 4 games and as I say (and other posters) we Could have won a shed load more. Apart from Posh we've been as good or indeed betterthan most teams , so I'm not panicing .

Ha - So we draw away to Port Vale and suddenly we should all be worshipping statues of SOD. Those who refuse to conform are tarred and feathered....!

This place gets more laughable by the day. SOD will get my support when, and only when we start winning games on a regular basis. The results since he took over have been unacceptable, simple.

Agree, "transition" needs a transfer. So many chances that we were not good enough to take, Baldock needs help up front for sure.

Yes and I'm expressing mine! I'd have more respect for him if he didn't only come on here when he wants a manager sacked and if I didn't suspect that he was punching his key board with delight when vale equalised! but OK let me re phrase my comments, in my humble opinion the views expressed by the poster who calls himself bristol city are those that I would normally associate with those of a idiot, this does not of course mean that he is in fact a idiot merely that that is my view of his posts, their is that mealy mouthed enough for you?BTW I didn't notice any pious lectures on forum etiquette when I was called a brain dead moron and advised to go and suck a certain part of my, (dead) mothers anatomy!

He is only expressing his views, and I thought attacking the poster was against forum rules ?

He also insulted me and, worse, insulted Horace :nono:

Seriously, I agree. There's no need to call him an idiot. He makes that perfectly clear for himself.

Usually i would agree with you, however it doesn't seem to work for us. We cannot defend under pressure and thats exactly what happens when we go defensive late on. We invite teams to exploit our weakness. When we have a solid back four we can employ these tactics, but not now, not when we are chasing that elusive win.

Were you at Port Vale today? (Or were you sitting at your keyboard composing more anti-SOD posts?).

If yes, the we clearly saw different games. We defended well under pressure. The back 4 was solid. The substitutions were right: they helped to steady things defensively later in the game when inevitably Vale (home side, brought on an extra attacking player) put more pressure on us. One schoolboy error doesn't negate that.

Were you at Port Vale today? (Or were you sitting at your keyboard composing more anti-SOD posts?).

If yes, the we clearly saw different games. We defended well under pressure. The back 4 was solid. The substitutions were right: they helped to steady things defensively later in the game when inevitably Vale (home side, brought on an extra attacking player) put more pressure on us. One schoolboy error doesn't negate that.

it would appear that all you say is correct, but we lost the points because of our failure to take chances, the error should have had no bearing on the result whatsoever.

As I said earlier I thought SOD's post match interview was spot on, in that he had little or no sympathy for Flint, but he did seem pretty exasperated to me, over another one that got away not only because of one error but because of poor finishing and I believe a realisation that if the winless run continues, it will probably be the players who may end up costing him his job, I recall a similar interview from DMC after the league defeat at Blackburn, where it dawned on him that the players were going to cost him his job.

We defended well under pressure. The back 4 was solid. The substitutions were right: they helped to steady things defensively later in the game when inevitably Vale (home side, brought on an extra attacking player) put more pressure on us. One schoolboy error doesn't negate that.

This.

First time I've seen city this season (I'm based in the Midlands). Agreed with all the above, but one thing was very noticeable - the massive difference in quality between Championship & league 1 football. It's not pretty stuff.

However we were clearly the better team & the one error made all the difference.

Archived