IGNORED

Review: 10 Games In Thread

Bad luck today at Vale - sounds like a good performance by the lads.

However, we are now 10 games into the 2013/14 season, and the table does not lie:-

- 10 matches without a win

- 6 points from those 10 games

- negative 6 goal difference

- 13 points off play-offs (does it matter now?)

- 21 goals against

- only team in division without win

- 1 point off last place.

Might be playing some good stuff, but this tells a gloomy story.

What next at BCFC?

TFR

We are playing well and not getting the results is very worrying. We don't look like keeping clean sheets and cant finish teams off.

No win after 10 games not good enough.

Another relegation battle it is.

Not as worrying as playing badly and losing as we were last season.

We do look like keeping clean sheets, the concensus from today seems to be that Vale had very few opportunities and it was the same v Shrews and COLU.

Baldock had a great chance at 1-0 today, score that and it would've been 3 pts in the bag.

The wins will come.

Not as worrying as playing badly and losing as we were last season.

We do look like keeping clean sheets, the concensus from today seems to be that Vale had very few opportunities and it was the same v Shrews and COLU.

Baldock had a great chance at 1-0 today, score that and it would've been 3 pts in the bag.

The wins will come.

SOD just gave what IMO was a very impressive interview.

The more we lose, or don't win, the more SOD is winning me over.

Am I ****** up or just seeing the light?

Bristol City really are a painful team. Cant even beat Port Vale.

Im sick of people telling me that a point isnt a bad result against mediocre league 1 teams.

At the moment we are a mediocre League 1 team as well so a draw is a reasonable result. The thing is though that we are capable of being better than mediocre. Keep the faith. It will come.

We are playing well and not getting the results is very worrying. We don't look like keeping clean sheets and cant finish teams off.

No win after 10 games not good enough.

Another relegation battle it is.

Indeed it is worrying. However much SOD has tried to backtrack on his notorious "performances are more important than results" remark that will presumably be the line today. But however much he and the majority of fans had realistic expectations, I wonder if he, or anybody on here, thought that having only 6 points out of a possible 30 at this stage was part of the master plan? The stages of decline at various points of my 50 years following City have all had a similar pattern. We seem to be currently at the "Don't worry, results are about to improve at any minute" stage. At what point do we reach the "we're too good to go down" stage? Which is usually followed by the "relegation could prove a blessing in disguise, buy your season tickets to be a part of the renaissance" stage and then the "it'll take us 5 years to rebuild so be patient" stage. And finally the "it's all the fans' fault, **** off if you don't like it" stage. Everything changes and nothing changes. :(

All 6 games we drew we should have won

But didn't. If you get draws not playing well you at least have the hope that improved form will lead to wins. If you play well and still can't win because strikers miss easy chances and defenders keep making sloppy mistakes where else is there to go, given that you are stuck with the players you have? :fingerscrossed: I suppose.

But didn't. If you get draws not playing well you at least have the hope that improved form will lead to wins. If you play well and still can't win because strikers miss easy chances and defenders keep making sloppy mistakes where else is there to go, given that you are stuck with the players you have? :fingerscrossed: I suppose.

Yeah agree, but just get the feeling that when we grab that first win we will go on a run

SOD just gave what IMO was a very impressive interview.

The more we lose, or don't win, the more SOD is winning me over.

Am I ****** up or just seeing the light?

Ha ha, you are seriously ****** up mucker!

One positive I think we can take from the 1st 10 games is that we've only Lost 4.

Maintaining the same ratio would see us Lose 17 matches this season.

The League 1 table last year saw only 11 teams with less than 17 losses. So by that rationale we'll finish a comfortable 12th!! ;)

What I expected from the first 10 games BEFORE the season started...

Bradford City (H) Draw - Promoted team on a roll

Coventry City (a) Win - A club in turmoil

Wolverhampton Wanderers (H) Loss - Never beat them

Milton Keynes Dons (a) Draw - Good record against them & they let you play

Gillingham (a) Loss - Promoted team on a roll

Peterborough United (H) Draw - Thought we would have enough to get a point

Shrewsbury Town (H) Win - Should have enough to beat them

Swindon Town (a) Draw - A club in turmoil

Colchester United (H) Win - Should have enough to beat them

Port Vale (a) Draw - Should have enough to get a point

So I expected a record of 3 wins, 5 draws & 2 defeats (ie: mid table).

So we are 8 points behind my personal target, mainly due to some horrendous defending again in the majority of games.

Until we start keeping clean sheets, we will be in for another tough season....and yes, relegation could be on the cards....again.

How about the next 10. Assuming the Crawley game is arranged to be played in this period we have 6 at home

Crawley, Brentford, Oldham, Sheff Utd, Leyton Orient & Rotherham

And 4 away

Crewe, Carlisle, Tranmere & Preston.

How many points does everyone think we'll get from that little lot. I'll go 15.

How about the next 10. Assuming the Crawley game is arranged to be played in this period we have 6 at home

And 4 away

I'd expect 11 points from that lot.

Crawley D, Brentford L, Oldham W, Sheff Utd W, Leyton O L, Rotherham L

Crewe W, Carlisle L, Tranmere D, PNE L

If Dunk comes in and makes us stronger defensively, we could snatch a few more somewhere.

And 4 away

About 5 points

Crawley D, Brentford L, Oldham D, Sheff Utd L, Orient L, Rotherham D, Crewe D, Carlisle D, Preston L

Rumour has it we cannot win or keep clean sheets, I don't think anyone has mentioned that yet...

About 5 points

Crawley D, Brentford L, Oldham D, Sheff Utd L, Orient L, Rotherham D, Crewe D, Carlisle D, Preston L

Rumour has it we cannot win or keep clean sheets, I don't think anyone has mentioned that yet...

If the results are THAT bad - not winning any of our next six home games - it's hard to see SO'D surviving however much goodwill he has.

I still don't think it'll come to that. Let's have a look.

Crewe(A) WIN :winner_third_h4h:

Brentford (H) Draw

Carlisle(A) Draw

Crawley(H) Draw

Oldham(H) Win

Tranmere(A) Win

Sheff.Utd(H) Draw

Preston(A)Defeat

Orient(H) Defeat

Rotherham(H)Draw

Oh dear,14 points out of 30, and only 1 home win in 6. And that includes a 7 game unbeaten run! Was somehow confident it would be more than that over 10 games but that's how it looks to me at the moment. Prospects don't look good at all.

If the results are THAT bad - not winning any of our next six home games - it's hard to see SO'D surviving however much goodwill he has.

Brentford (H) Draw

Carlisle(A) Draw

Crawley(H) Draw

Oldham(H) Win

Tranmere(A) Win

Sheff.Utd(H) Draw

Preston(A)Defeat

Orient(H) Defeat

Rotherham(H)Draw

Oh dear,14 points out of 30, and only 1 home win in 6. And that includes a 7 game unbeaten run! Was somehow confident it would be more than that over 10 games but that's how it looks to me at the moment. Prospects don't look good at all.

This was one of the reasons I asked the question. I think a lot of people are in denial on this forum.

Was chatting to a mate on Saturday night and said we are already in the brown stuff. His argument was let's see where we are in 10 games, but when I asked how many points he thought we'd get, he could only come up with 16, which is one more than me.

If were only on 20 or so points after 20 games, we are going to find ourselves smack bang in the middle of another relegation battle. I hope it doesn't come to that, but it don't look great from here.

Brentford (H) Draw

Carlisle(A) Draw

Crawley(H) Draw

Oldham(H) Win

Tranmere(A) Win

Sheff.Utd(H) Draw

Preston(A)Defeat

Orient(H) Defeat

Rotherham(H)Draw

It's very hard to make up where the points are going to come from, yes we may go on a run and win 3 or 4 on the bounce but I don't see that, maybe a couple of scrappy 1-0 or 2-1's would do us to kick start the season, however other teams in this league are not going to 'respect us' because we came down from the championship and are a 'big' club nor would I expect them too, hard times if you're a city fan, but it's not all bad :D

This was one of the reasons I asked the question. I think a lot of people are in denial on this forum.

Was chatting to a mate on Saturday night and said we are already in the brown stuff. His argument was let's see where we are in 10 games, but when I asked how many points he thought we'd get, he could only come up with 16, which is one more than me.

If were only on 20 or so points after 20 games, we are going to find ourselves smack bang in the middle of another relegation battle. I hope it doesn't come to that, but it don't look great from here.

Of course if we do win at Crewe and we then have the confidence to turn a few draws in to wins it could look very different.

Brentford's a b***** of a home game to have after that though, and if anything my draw could be over optimistic.

If my results are right ( they won't be of course, but the points total might be) things could certainly get interesting around the middle of Dec., if not before.

SO'D badly needs that winning run that so many are anticipating following the first, but the fixtures just don't look amenable.

Of course if we do win at Crewe and we then have the confidence to turn a few draws in to wins it could look very different.

Brentford's a b***** of a home game to have after that though, and if anything my draw could be over optimistic.

If my results are right ( they won't be of course, but the points total might be) things could certainly get interesting around the middle of Dec., if not before.

SO'D badly needs that winning run that so many are anticipating following the first, but the fixtures just don't look amenable.

Have to agree mate, really hoping we can pick up 20 points from the next 10, especially with 6 at home, but just can't see it.

As a comparison, last season Bury were in the final relegation spot with 19 points after 20 games. And we all know what happened to them!

I was interested to hear that SOD was pretty blunt regarding Flint's mistake on Saturday and think it marks a change in the manager's attitude, and for a couple of reasons.

In the early stages of the season SOD must have had a fair idea that it would take time for the new collection players to adapt to his new style/system and make it work out on the pitch. During that period he was pretty protective of the team and talked a lot about performance being as important as results and also about players making the right decisions - all fairly reasonable while things were bedding in.It seems fairly clear that in recent weeks the performances have been there, but we have missed out on results those performances perhaps deserve because of glaring individual mistakes that have cost us dearly.

Mistakes have plagued us throughout the season, but are all the more galling now that SOD can see the performance side coming together properly. On top of this, there can be little doubt that SOD's own position is under pressure because of results and that his best efforts are being continually undone - not because players aren't able to adapt to the system, but because players keep making crucial individual mistakes.

I've read loads of comments that we are too nice a team. Perhaps the players need a bit of tough love from the manager if it means they toughen up and cut out silly mistakes.

It's very hard to make up where the points are going to come from, yes we may go on a run and win 3 or 4 on the bounce but I don't see that, maybe a couple of scrappy 1-0 or 2-1's would do us to kick start the season, however other teams in this league are not going to 'respect us' because we came down from the championship and are a 'big' club nor would I expect them too, hard times if you're a city fan, but it's not all bad :D

Well how many points do we reckon SO'D needs from these 10 games, or are the board absolutely determined to stick with him whatever?

If City only manage your measly 5 points, giving a total of 11 points from 20 games in mid December, he'd surely be for the chop.

I can't help but feel we're going to do much better in these forthcoming 10 than the previous 10 but even if City more than double the total from the first 10 and get my 14 ( giving 20 from 20 games) you'd think he'd still only be hanging on by his fingertips, at best.

Would the improvement be enough, or would the board decide it's too little, too late, and that drastic action was imperative to preserve City's status?

Archived