IGNORED

Hinckley United Fc

cheese

Very sad. Owed to the ex-Chairman apparently. If that doesn't send shivers down our spines, it ought to!

Yep - the ex-chairman owns one of the stands (it's part of his pension fund apparently). Club couldn't keep up the rent.

I'm sure the club will reform, with a slightly changed name, lower down the leagues as they all seem to do these days.

Sad news that another club bit the bullet... they looked pretty doomed last season with points docking and struggling in the Blue Square North.

Truro nearly went to the wall last season as the owner went bankrupt 'chasing the dream'.. seems to be the norm now.

Yep; to get promoted to the Conference, they flew a former Prem player from London to Cornwall for every game. At the time the chairman said it was worth it as they won promotion. A small place like Truro though is hardly likely to attract bigger crowds unless they climbed above Plymouth (their nearest League club).

Yep; to get promoted to the Conference, they flew a former Prem player from London to Cornwall for every game. At the time the chairman said it was worth it as they won promotion. A small place like Truro though is hardly likely to attract bigger crowds unless they climbed above Plymouth (their nearest League club).

On that reasoning could see my closest local team FGR going belly up if the Eco-millionaire decides to pull out.

I think what's sad is that people are able to destroy these clubs through madcap schemes and strange deals. The media go on about bankers and their junk bonds, well these people running our clubs are just as bad if not worse.

We're hoping we can reform the club but owned by the community and supporters and the sooner the FA puts rules in place making it the norm for club ownership the better, and safer, our clubs will be.

• Admin

Unfortunately another in the long running saga of those who have no idea on how to run a football club, but invest money expecting instant success.

Weymouth

Rushden and Diamonds

Boston Utd

Hornchurch

Kettering

just off the top of my head

Can remember going to watch Hinckley Vs WSM in the old Beazer Homes league back in the mid 90's, played at a ground next to a cricket pitch.

Was that Utd or Town ?

Unfortunately another in the long running saga of those who have no idea on how to run a football club, but invest money expecting instant success.

Weymouth

Rushden and Diamonds

Boston Utd

Hornchurch

Kettering

just off the top of my head

Can remember going to watch Hinckley Vs WSM in the old Beazer Homes league back in the mid 90's, played at a ground next to a cricket pitch.

Was that Utd or Town ?

I think it would have been Town. There were two clubs - Athletic and Town who, in 1997, merged to become United in reality and in name! :) Ttheir troubles began because they sold their individual grounds and moved to the new one in 2005 and money allegedly "vanished". The ex-chairmen (Hinckley through and through and a well-known local builder) owned one of the stands through his pension fund on which the club paid rent - or rather didn't because that's the money that's owed and has led t the club's final demise.

So, money, owed to a former chairman who was devoted to the club finally brings it down. A lesson for us all maybe?

On that reasoning could see my closest local team FGR going belly up if the Eco-millionaire decides to pull out.

That depends on how he leaves things.

They were in real trouble before he came in because of money owed on the new ground, but if that has been paid off and still belongs to the club then they should be sustainable.

They wouldn't be able to pay the wages they do right now but if he pulled out and they still have the new ground they'll be able to compete in the BSP without too much worry as that ground should produce the revenue.

It's a shame about Hinckley. I've seen them a couple of times up at Guiseley (in fact they won there on the last day of last season) and it's always sad to see a club wound up. No doubt they'll be back, though, and there are quite a few phoenix clubs on the rise again.

On SSN today "The Southern League urges all clubs to live within their means".

In the list Phantom posted he mentions Rushden and Boston.

10 years ago City were playing Rushden in our current division. Max Griggs who had bank rolled the club decided to retire and there was no one to replace him. Not really the club's fault. I know Chelsea fans who dread Abramovitch deciding to walk away with his cash.

Boston had occasional gates of 5,000 and made it to the League's bottom division.; (City even played there in the LDV). I don't know what happened there, but there were stories of financial mis-management.

Archived