IGNORED

Just Back From The Game...

brady bunch

I guess SOD has a free meal ticket and cannot be sacked after our recent trigger happy history, but tonight is as poor as I have seen us in a long, long time. Wycombe were quicker and wanted it more. we looked like overweight and over paid millionaires drifting around the field.

Ratings

fielding - 5 maybe done more on the first, no chance the second,

Flint - 6 okay, nothing special

Moloney - 6, would have been 4, but he scored a cracker.

Cunningham 4 - where has the player gone that we signed??

Dunk - 4 - needs another chance, but poor tonight

Bryan - 4 - just not at the races

Pack - 5 - average at best (I am big fan normally)

Wagstaff - 7 - loads of effort, 100% effort right to the end.

McLaughlin - 3 little effort, no end product, maybe thought he was in a friendly?

Morrell 4 - I did not even know he was on the park, bullied off the ball.

Harewood - 4 always wanted him to play more, never again - past it.

Reid and Baldock - 7 - both worked hard, fought and made a difference

JET - 3 - a nightmare 20 minutes of nothing, but poor shots and crosses.

Other then Wagstaff, Baldock and Reid, no player really seemed to care that much and SOD lent against the wall, like he was waiting for a late running bus to arrive.

Having watched the Bradford and Coventry games, then this, I'm pretty much in shock tonight.

Against Bradford and Coventry at least we put up a fight and showed flashes of promise. Tonight, we fought for about 5 minutes after half time, then gave up.

Harewood was isolated and tried hard but looks past it.

Wagstaff battled and at least looked interested.

Cunningham must have been kidnapped and replaced with a poorly built clone over the summer.

It was just horrendous. I've backed SOD all along, but the decline in performance is so bad that I have to question where this transition is taking us.

After that, I genuinely fear that we could be in real relegation trouble. Confidence is shot and there's no buzz or life about the team. Please tell me this was a one off?

Cunningham must have been kidnapped and replaced with a poorly built clone over the summer.

:laugh:, yep, at least your comment made me smile as it is so true!! I know it is just the JPT and I am not a boo boy, but left the ground angry and disappointed in equal measure, the 350 fans that travelled deserved better.

Currently on the train back to Marylebone. That was shockingly bad tonight and I really don't know what to make of it all.

Anyone who still thinks it's inconceivable for us to get relegated this season needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

The OP's summary is pretty much spot on although I'd knock a couple of marks off Fielding's 5 out of 10 for his shocking distribution.

And although JET was poor tonight, just consider how much trouble we'd be in if he leaves in January, or gets injured.

agreed with the OP.

Fielding is a ****** liability. Wycombe were obviously aware of his constant moving off his line, cos they shot on sight.

Wagstaff, Baldock & Reid were the only players who give a ****..

And SOD's slouching against the dugout with hands stuffed in pockets, when we are being out played is starting to get on my tits. Its like hes given up, lost it, whatever. Anyways up it does not look professional.

I hear he wasnt impressed with the performance. Interesting as he said "we" would prepare as if it was Man Utd...God help us if he prepares poorly.

End of the day though Wycombe thouroughly deserved to win, in every way.

SOD needs to get a bloody grip ASAP, cos L2 is beckoning less we improve like pronto. That is all.

[The OP's summary is pretty much spot on although I'd knock a couple of marks off Fielding's 5 out of 10 for his shocking distribution.)

Spot on, I was too kind, Fielding also took an age to get the ball back in play, did he think we were 2 up, not down?

And SOD's slouching against the dugout with hands stuffed in pockets, when we are being out played is starting to get on my tits. Its like hes given up, lost it, whatever. Anyways up it does not look professional.

Danny Wilson used to slouch against the dugout but with his arms folded. For all Danny Wilson's faults we never occupied the lower echelons of ye olde Div 3 as we now do under SOD. I'm very disappointed because I really thought we'd make the JPT final for a good day out at Wembley - now that's down the shit pan like any hope of a return to the Championship in yer average gnats lifetime. :shifty:

Danny Wilson used to slouch against the dugout but with his arms folded. For all Danny Wilson's faults we never occupied the lower echelons of ye olde Div 3 as we now do under SOD. I'm very disappointed because I really thought we'd make the JPT final for a good day out at Wembley - now that's down the shit pan like any hope of a return to the Championship in yer average gnats lifetime. :shifty:

Gobbers compared to the shit I watched tonight, the last time I watched Wycombe stuff us Adams Park, the famous freezing October night, prior to which Wycombe hadnt won a match, was positively organized, trust me. That was despite anothr shit erformance, and classic Tommy Doc pointless red card. Still better than tonight...get used to it, cos we aint gonna bother the Championship anytime soon, based on tonights "performance"....

I guess SOD has a free meal ticket and cannot be sacked after our recent trigger happy history, but tonight is as poor as I have seen us in a long, long time. Wycombe were quicker and wanted it more. we looked like overweight and over paid millionaires drifting around the field.

Ratings

McLaughlin - 3 little effort, no end product, maybe thought he was in a friendly?

Other then Wagstaff, Baldock and Reid, no player really seemed to care that much and SOD lent against the wall, like he was waiting for a late running bus to arrive.

Dear Board;

Please read the above then act or shut the door on way out, thank you.

Ratings

Pretty good summary there fella. Have to agree with all your ratings as well! Pretty much bang on.

I have been critical of Wagstaff before but you're right. At least he gave his all and tried until the end.

Ah at last some criticism of Harewood. Many seem to think he should play based on the fact he waves his fist at the Atyeo.

How many has he scored?

How many has he set up?

Does he look like scoring?

He'd struggle to get in the Rovers starting line-up.

Like I have said in previous posts I like Harewood and his enthusiasm but it means very little if he doesn't offer anything else.

Last night he looked like he didn't want to be there. He offered absolutely no threat at all. I personally thought he would have been desperate for a chance to start. Just not good enough I'm afraid. Those calling for him to start would seriously reconsider on last nights showing.

:laugh:, yep, at least your comment made me smile as it is so true!! I know it is just the JPT and I am not a boo boy, but left the ground angry and disappointed in equal measure, the 350 fans that travelled deserved better.

Did I hear a few boos from the travelling fans at the final whistle or was it just an audible groan??

Like I have said in previous posts I like Harewood and his enthusiasm but it means very little if he doesn't offer anything else.

Last night he looked like he didn't want to be there. He offered absolutely no threat at all. I personally thought he would have been desperate for a chance to start. Just not good enough I'm afraid. Those calling for him to start would seriously reconsider on last nights showing.

Very disappointed to hear this, yup he should have taken the opportunity and made the manager notice him. We have had weeks, months even, of him regaining fitness etc and it was time to step up to the plate as probably our most experienced senior pro. Instead he has just let himself be seen as a journeyman type here for the last pay cheque. How sad, where is his professional pride? We needed him to help all our youngsters through, he should know better and should have done better. We might just as well of had Taylor out there.Ok, maybe not totally all resting on his shoulders but he should have played a bigger part. Surely he could have handed out a rollocking on the pitch as it sounded like it was needed, or maybe he thought that was the captains job and as he wasnt captain he didnt bother?

It seems like not many of them should be able to look in the mirror this morning and say they gave their all. From SoDs comments it seems he has had enough too, he is right the performance wasnt acceptable. Maybe the players have become too relaxed as usually,if they are told the same as us, it's all down to rebuilding so it's all ok.

Sod was wrong though when he said they started to boot it and they 'haven't done that all season'. I think that is insulting our intelligence as supporters, and I don't like that.

Very disappointed to hear this, yup he should have taken the opportunity and made the manager notice him. We have had weeks, months even, of him regaining fitness etc and it was time to step up to the plate as probably our most experienced senior pro. Instead he has just let himself be seen as a journeyman type here for the last pay cheque. How sad, where is his professional pride? We needed him to help all our youngsters through, he should know better and should have done better. We might just as well of had Taylor out there.Ok, maybe not totally all resting on his shoulders but he should have played a bigger part. Surely he could have handed out a rollocking on the pitch as it sounded like it was needed, or maybe he thought that was the captains job and as he wasnt captain he didnt bother?

It seems like not many of them should be able to look in the mirror this morning and say they gave their all. From SoDs comments it seems he has had enough too, he is right the performance wasnt acceptable. Maybe the players have become too relaxed as usually,if they are told the same as us, it's all down to rebuilding so it's all ok.

Sod was wrong though when he said they started to boot it and they 'haven't done that all season'. I think that is insulting our intelligence as supporters, and I don't like that.

It was very strange indeed. None of his usual antics firing up the players and fans alike. Harewood looked so unenthusiastic. He honestly just looked like he didn't want to be there. Wycombe had an 18 year old centre half and Harewood should have bullied him. He didn't do anything of the sort. People may knock Taylor but at the very least he can hold it up and link up play well.

I was very disappointed. Pack called it right by saying the team let young Joe Morrell down. They really did. No help, desire or movement for the poor kid to work with. If that's what he is meant to look up to then he would have been extremely uninspired last night.

There were boos, but not too many and not from me (I felt more like crying) and thats odd for 46 year old, garnalled bloke who has seen a lot in his life and more then my fare share of the dross delivered up in the Jimmy Lumsden/Osman/Pulis era...

It was not just the game last night, the players lack of fight, the disinterset, the missing organisation and any recongisable shape, that upset me, but more the dawning in my heart of how far we have fallen.

I could accept our fall, if we were a small club, did not have a rich sugar daddy, did not come from a huge City with a big catchment area and no glamour teams on our door step. But we have all that and still we were are c**p and last night, not only were we c**p, we lacked fight and spirit. I can never accept that of MY team.

I have liked Harewood and wanted him to play, but that all changed last night, he appeared to be through on goal twice, but had such little pace he got caught and robbed by their CB's who he treated all night like they were his long lost 13 year old sons. He did not make one agressive challenge, he stood off them, he helped them up if they fell over. we were lossing badly and he needed to show more for the shirt.

[quote name="brady bunch" post="1888692" timestamp="1381311376"

I could accept our fall, if we were a small club, did not have a rich sugar daddy, did not come from a huge City with a big catchment area and no glamour teams on our door step. But we have all that and still we were are c**p and last night, not only were we c**p, we lacked fight and spirit. I can never accept that of MY team.

We do have the rich sugar daddy, but after years of seeing his cash spunked away he don''t want to do it no more.

Good point, I think what I meant was that we had been able to splash the cash in the past, but had still failed. I realise those days are gone now, but as I walked away from the ground I could not help but think back to what could have been, if GJ had not insisted on shoehorning his son on at Wembley / we had spent the money better etc, etc.....

I should have worded it "we did have a rich sugar daddy" He is still there, but I dont blame him one bit for withdrawing the cashflow, my ex-wife could have spent it better then most of the prats we have had in charge in the last 5 years.

We do have the rich sugar daddy, but after years of seeing his cash spunked away he don''t want to do it no more.

While the younger, less expensive players are developing, and we're still carrying players on massive wages limiting what we can invest into developing the squad further, we're going to have games where players are hit and miss. 1 or 2 having an off night and we might get away with it but last night a lot of players had miss nights and the team and performance was crap as a result. It was unacceptable.

Young, hungry players was what we all wanted in the summer now the reality of their inconsistency, mistakes and brittle confidence is becoming reality too many people are ready to write the plan off as a failure.

This isn't in any way a pop at you Brady bunch, your sugar daddy point just captured a point so many posters on here are missing when having a go at SOD, the players, the club etc.

Oh most of us realise this fact, its just the utter shite served up time after time after time...there is summat wrong at city, cos it doesnt seem to matter what or who is in charge, these shite performances keep happening, time time time after ****** time..

I personally predicted a season of struggle this season, but this has comfortably exceeded my low expectations. Fact is its a results based game, and while we wait for everything to gel, we drift further and further behind the pack, and its looking uncomfortably like another relegation battle, which I'm not confident we can survive, with all their ramifications..

6 months with out a win is shit, and many many managers including some here have not survived that long. Not saying hes gotta go, but.....

Archived