IGNORED

Get Real...sod In As Its Wat U All Wanted Anyway

The Humble Realist

We aren't in the relegation zone

Last year everyone said play kids etc now we are your all moaning

We are playinguch better in the league last few games

There isn't a better manager than sod for our current position

What good would sacking ANOTHER manager do

If we sack sod you will all moan when a new manager does badly n blame the board for sacking him /bad choices

I am not being rose tinted, things aren't good but we must be patient and grind our way through to some points.

We aren't in the relegation zone and hv actually only lost 4 of the ten games

Coyr

If we sack sod you will all moan when a new manager does badly n blame the board for sacking him /bad choices

I am not being rose tinted, things aren't good but we must be patient and grind our way through to some points.

Coyr

Not inspired mate - like all of us!

Not inspired mate - like all of us!

Don't expected anyone to be, I'm not n I posted it! However, its times like this to stick together.

We aren't a shambles, we r just struggling for confidance , rhythm .

Under del n Millen we had far deeper routed problems

It's times like this the players n clubs need us most. Critiquing the team is fair enuf but reading ppl giving players n management actual abuse is unaccepetable n unhelpful

Coyr

Finally, a fan who talks sense!

And who exactly would come to this club? We do have the best manager in the position we are in to pull us out!

Don't expected anyone to be, I'm not n I posted it! However, its times like this to stick together.

We aren't a shambles, we r just struggling for confidance , rhythm .

It's times like this the players n clubs need us most. Critiquing the team is fair enuf but reading ppl giving players n management actual abuse is unaccepetable n unhelpful

The way you're writing you seem really upset/ choked up.

The way you're writing you seem really upset/ choked up.

Haha far from it...just posting with bullet points to try n give some realism to fans who want instant success then moan wen it doesn't happen. If we were bottom of league n or in relegation zone 15 or 16 games in I might understand it more but we aren't either n thing in the league ate improving

We aren't a shambles, we r just struggling for condidance , rhythm .

We aren't a shambles? take a closer look. We are a utter shambles from top to bottom.

• Admin

It's a long term project that could take 2/3 seasons for promotion, The results at the moment are still poor but the team just needs confidence and momentum.

2 or 3 seasons of this and we'll be playing Forest Green in the league..........

It cannot be acceptable for any club, no matter how many players are replaced, for a Manager to take this long to see an upturn in results. I'd be interested to hear SO'D's private thoughts on what he walked into and why professionals seem incapable of performing at a level which gets results, in a results based business. That said, many of the professionals not attaining acceptable results are his signings, so is his ability to build a team, all its cracked up to be?

I said on another thread if held the stock of P45's, I'd be waiting to December and reviewing where we are then, as I really don't think a second relegation would be acceptable to the vast majority, project or not.

2 or 3 seasons of this and we'll be playing Forest Green in the league..........

It cannot be acceptable for any club, no matter how many players are replaced, for a Manager to take this long to see an upturn in results. I'd be interested to hear SO'D's private thoughts on what he walked into and why professionals seem incapable of performing at a level which gets results, in a results based business. That said, many of the professionals not attaining acceptable results are his signings, so is his ability to build a team, all its cracked up to be?

I said on another thread if held the stock of P45's, I'd be waiting to December and reviewing where we are then, as I really don't think a second relegation would be acceptable to the vast majority, project or not.

A few signings doesn't make it his team, be realistic were not going to get relegated I don't think anyone on here honestly believes that. A year isn't enough time to sort out a mess thats been created over 5/6 years.

A few signings doesn't make it his team, be realistic were not going to get relegated I don't think anyone on here honestly believes that. A year isn't enough time to sort out a mess thats been created over 5/6 years.

A few signings :doh: we are going through a major transition according to your man. We had far better players and manager this time last year and even 7 wins didn't save him from being shown the door by xmas.

You must also remember that all Sods league wins to date came with Dereks players playing.

And yes if we continue on our present head in the sand course, we will be relegated.

Haha far from it...just posting with bullet points to try n give some realism to fans who want instant success then moan wen it doesn't happen. If we were bottom of league n or in relegation zone 15 or 16 games in I might understand it more but we aren't either n thing in the league ate improving

not instant success. just a win now and again.

I was definitely one of those in the 'want SOD in' camp - and I'm still firmly there. At this stage of the season SOD is taking the opportunity to assemble and develop his squad to get them playing how he wants them to - we are nowhere near the point of needing to grind out results to stave-off relegation. Wish people would get a grip!!

As awful as last night was that starting 11 would never start a league game. I bet most posters on here asking why we changed the team were happy to see Morrell given a go but it was a gamble that didn't pay off and the game by-passed him and Bryan.

Cunningham showed why it's vital Shorey stays fit and Harewood showed why he's better as an impact sub. Fielding showed why Parish is a better bet in goal right now and Flint and Dunk looked like they'd never played together, which they hadn't!

Know we didn't get much better when the subs came on and the constant hoofing was depressing. But to start accepting relegation as a foregone conclusion based on last night's shower over the performance at Port Vale is ridiculous. We were total carp last night and SODs said the same.

We could've done with a win for confidence more than anything but last night doesnt bear any reflection on the league. We were excellent Saturday and I still think that's more likely to be the standard of performance we're going to get more often this season than last night, and play like we did Saturday every week and we'll start picking up a few points.

Anyone giving it that we still didn't win on Saturday there's no way SOD can be blamed in any way for Flint's moment of madness, but he can be held accountable for the 89 minutes before it.

Coyr

You ARE being rose tinted I'm afraid, my friend.

How can you say with assurance that there is no better manager for us in our position. 19 L1 managers have their teams in higher positions than SOD. Many with smaller budgets and more squad disrupton than he's faced.

The truth is -as Ralph correctly points out - we cannot possibly tell if others could stop the win drought.

I think we have to give him this season to its bitter conclusion, but if we do go down O'Driscoll will go down in club history as the worst Bristol City manager ever.

Unlike you, I am not convinced we wont.

Don't count me in with 'All of us'

Same for me, I didn't want the bloke here in the first place.

Do I want Bristol City FC to be going down the sacking route again? Not really, but this is turning into a shambles of epic proportions.

Who's team is it then?

V Port Vale the side contained, 8 SOD signings, 2 Academy , 1 DMC.

V Colchester the side contained, 8 SOD signings, 2 Academy , 1 DMC.

V Swindon the side contained, 9 SOD signings, 1 GJ , 1 DMC.

V Shrewsbury the side contained, 8 SOD signings, 1 GJ , 1 DMC , 1 Academy.

V Peterborough the side contained, 7 SOD signings, 2 DMC , 2 Academy.

The time for blaming past managers really needs to stop.

More than any season in recent times this manager has his own team. On that point the buck stops with him.He has to question his methods cos they aint working. For what reason is up to him to sort, soooest, not later.

The performances have been wildly different, when poor as bad as anything McInne's and Millen (and GJ's last seasons team too) can manage.

Oh and 6 months without a win is plain ******* shite. No matter who the hell is in charge. Previous managers have lost jobs for far less time without a win. Guess we are fotunate no one in this league appears to be able to absolutely batter us like last season.

Its a massive call for the board to make on any action taken. Rather them than me is all I can say...

Who's team is it then?

As does holding SOD accountable for 4 or 5 years of misery - as many on here seem to want to do.

Who's team is it then?

No-one's arguing most of the team aren't SODs own players but the point is the type of players he's signed have been because of past spending and its totally pointless saying its his team so excuses when he's in a completely different situation to our last few managers.

Of his signings I'd say the only one that's not lived up to the hype is Fielding, everyone else was very clearly signed as being potential to develop. He said said that even with Flint they weren't signing an established player but someone they think they can develop. That development ain't going to take two months.

Our defensive/midfield spine consists of a 20 year old who'd never played a senior game before this season, a bloke who's proved he's got a rick in him but who's been signed as one to develop, a 21 year old from League 2 and 2 Academy players. I'd say all of those have already improved a lot since the start of the season as shown at Port Vale on Saturday and they will keep improving.

Shorey's been a good addition but even he made a mistake to cost us a goal against Shrewsbury. Way too early to judge Dunk on last night alone.

We should have won a game by now, without a doubt, but to sit there and give it they're SODs players now so it's all on his head is missing why he's had to sign the players he has and the fact those players are miles from being the finished article, which we all knew when they were signed, or in Reid and Bryan's case started to be played more regularly.

JET and Fielding are the only 2 I'd class outside of that and we all know JETs got huge room to improve because otherwise, with his natural ability, he wouldn't be playing in League One at 22.

No-one's arguing most of the team aren't SODs own players but the point is the type of players he's signed have been because of past spending and its totally pointless saying its his team so excuses when he's in a completely different situation to our last few managers.

Of his signings I'd say the only one that's not lived up to the hype is Fielding, everyone else was very clearly signed as being potential to develop. He said said that even with Flint they weren't signing an established player but someone they think they can develop. That development ain't going to take two months.

Our defensive/midfield spine consists of a 20 year old who'd never played a senior game before this season, a bloke who's proved he's got a rick in him but who's been signed as one to develop, a 21 year old from League 2 and 2 Academy players. I'd say all of those have already improved a lot since the start of the season as shown at Port Vale on Saturday and they will keep improving.

Shorey's been a good addition but even he made a mistake to cost us a goal against Shrewsbury. Way too early to judge Dunk on last night alone.

We should have won a game by now, without a doubt, but to sit there and give it they're SODs players now so it's all on his head is missing why he's had to sign the players he has and the fact those players are miles from being the finished article, which we all knew when they were signed, or in Reid and Bryan's case started to be played more regularly.

JET and Fielding are the only 2 I'd class outside of that and we all know JETs got huge room to improve because otherwise, with his natural ability, he wouldn't be playing in League One at 22.

BCFC96 said "A few signings doesn't make it his team" I merely disproved that statement.

Sick of saying it but it's about time everyone realised the club's run by absolute numpties, unfit for purpose.

Don't blame Sean O'driscoll, blame those above him for a complete lack of leadership, which has spread like a cancer throughout the club, and into the players.

Why do you think Steve Coppell was away on his toes, as soon as he realised what he was working with?

Sean O'driscoll was a highly respected Manager in the game before he came here, just like Mciness, who's just won Scots Prem Manager Of The Month, can you not see the common denominator?

Steve Lansdown needs to appoint a proper Chairman, and bring in football people behind the scenes and stop this rot now.

The fact he seems happy to ignore the obvious makes me wonder what his real agenda is. Bristol Utd ?

BCFC96 said "A few signings doesn't make it his team" I merely disproved that statement.

they've played like 10 games together,im sure he'd want to look at some other players but the budget thats been given to him has stopped him signing them, Assombalonga for example.

Archived