IGNORED

More Odd Goings On At Cardiff (Merged)

Maesknoll Red

Just heard this on radio 5. Talk is that the manager wants Tan banned from the dressing room, with that in mind bookmakers apparently give Malky Mackay odds of 4-1 that he will be the next Prem manager to be sacked!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24454963

made me laugh out loud - a friend of the owners son!!! brilliant, if he's now in charge of scouting, perhaps we tip him the wink on a brilliant Aussie ballwinner and playmaker going cheap in the lower divisions ;)

Cardiff, the joke that keeps on giving...

The guy is from the huge footballing nation of Kazakhstan and has no footballing experience whatsoever, he was doing odd jobs around the stadium up to last week.

Tan is banned from the dressing room.

Mackays agent is being well........an agent and stirring shit up.

The Borat was brought in to help manage the maintenance at Lego Land, but has since been promoted as the story details.

His experience or the job oes as far as watching some old games on his laptop.

The thing is though, they are in the premier league yet they till moan, a bunch of arrogant fickle supporters.

I sit in praise of modern football.

First Roy Kinnear at Sid James park, now some kid at Cardiff. Football is no laughing matter, I wish these people would remember this. I suppose this kid, the owner's son's chum, can "call any manager in the country" too, and he's more cleverer than all the fans, too. Maybe Roy had a word with Vincent last weekend when the Loon army popped by and helped themselves to three points

....but it couldn't happen here. Could it?

Yeah, what's the difference. Our owner has brought in his son who has, to my knowledge, no prior football business experience. Perhaps, like us, they'll turn to sh*t and get relegated - so what, they'll still be at least a division higher than us next year.

Yeah, what's the difference. Our owner has brought in his son who has, to my knowledge, no prior football business experience. Perhaps, like us, they'll turn to sh*t and get relegated - so what, they'll still be at least a division higher than us next year.

Does our owner's son have any friends? Someone who can wield a brush, anything. Or are we third division in owner's sons and their social contacts, too? We must have something going for us, ffs

I like a good laugh but I don't think it's appropriate to laugh at anyone right now.

Cardiff have a large potential fan base, a council that backs them and a new stadium.

Granted they are run by an egomaniac but when he's had his fun, someone will come in and fill their boots, they are a very attractive proposition for the next Sheik or Tycoon, we on the other hand are a complete mess at the moment both on and off the field.

On the plus side it can only get better, unless we get relegated, which on current form should be somewhere around the march time.

In the name of transition god help us......

Tan is clearly following the Blackburn route to success. I think he must have misheard the chants aimed at him as "Tan, you're a Venky".

Well there are parallels there, especially if the "should be in the top 4" thing is true coupled with the barmy appointment of a sons mate.

Cardiff seem to be in a strong posistion, too strong for an eccentric chairman to mess up this year

I probably find the whole thing almost as funny as you lot do. The time for worrying about what happens off the field at my club has long gone. I ignore those shenanigans as much as possible and focus on what happens on the pitch. And I've been enjoying that very much up until now.

Here, here! Me too. I thought Newcastle deserved their win, Tottenham toyed with your boys, Everton really should have won, but you did jolly well against Fulhum and Hull. Well done! Looks like you're in for a thrilling battle against the drop-like us! We should compare notes.

We would ignore the off field stuff, too, only there's no one off field doing anything. They've all "done one," scarpered! And the stuff on the field isn't all that great to look at, none of the top draw, classy visiting players you have to look at. Except Peterbrough's, and the ones from Wolves that waltzed about the Gate for an hour. Look out for them.

Is your "gaffer" being nice to you lot and your new friends filling your place? Ours is jolly rude. He's struggling to "win" many of ours over right now.

:laugh: You really are scraping the barrel now aren't you? The best you can do is to criticise the way we beat Man City and Fulham. :yes:

And well done you for spending your time looking for streams for the non-televised games which you've watched and cast judgement on :clap:

Blimey, this one's touchy. Maybe this premierleagueship isn't all that after all. Or maybe they're worrying about the table, like us, already? Everybody's so tetchy right now

It's quite reassuring that despite their position, I do not feel any hint of jealousy towards them, in fact I feel lucky not to be in their situation. Whereas only a few seasons ago, had they got promoted before the re-brand, this would not be the case and I'd envy their position above us.

I'd rather be at the bottom of League 1 watching my club instead of watching a pathetic imitation of Cardiff City that is essentially being used as a toy by Vincent Tan.

Why-oh-why-oh-why start a Baaaadiff thread?

They are in the prem, doing OK, lots of good players, and even his smuggness NM is there ..............

I'm quite happy pretending they don't exist, and we are not bottom of L1.

Did you have to start this thread and remind everyone how badly OUR club is run.

:facepalm:

I probably find the whole thing almost as funny as you lot do. The time for worrying about what happens off the field at my club has long gone. I ignore those shenanigans as much as possible and focus on what happens on the pitch. And I've been enjoying that very much up until now.

Slightly outside of this topic, I went to the Cardiff vs. Newcastle game on the weekend (After BCFC, Newcastle are my second club) - it's my first visit to the stadium and I must say that it made me realise just how far we are away from the promised land.

In the first half, I would have stated that Cardiff were a really poor side, Newcastle (who are lacking form) looked an absolutely different class but to be fair you looked better in the second half, I can see you having to fight a relegation fight but would put simply, enjoy it whilst it lasts - you've just got to hope this Tan chap doesn't help the club to implode?

Whilst I'd like there to be a Severnside derby again at some point soon, being realistic, it's more likely to be against Newport County to be fair :sad26:

If the thing earlier about "streams" and what have you was directed at me, I think regular visitors to my jibber, jabber and newsy updates will enjoy a wry smile at the idea. That must involve some digital-tech know how and what have you. Not my bag, not at my stage of life. No, it was something called 'Match of the Day.' On the BBC. They do a fine job covering all the top flight action. It's a highlights package, so it might be that the one way traffic in the Everton and Spurs games was the result of biased editing, unfairly portraying the plucky newcomers as second best. I don't know. Don't blame the humble viewer!

Slightly outside of this topic, I went to the Cardiff vs. Newcastle game on the weekend (After BCFC, Newcastle are my second club) - it's my first visit to the stadium and I must say that it made me realise just how far we are away from the promised land.

In the first half, I would have stated that Cardiff were a really poor side, Newcastle (who are lacking form) looked an absolutely different class but to be fair you looked better in the second half, I can see you having to fight a relegation fight but would put simply, enjoy it whilst it lasts - you've just got to hope this Tan chap doesn't help the club to implode?

Whilst I'd like there to be a Severnside derby again at some point soon, being realistic, it's more likely to be against Newport County to be fair :sad26:

We were awful first half. Second half we did improve a lot as you said but the damage was done by then. So far this season we've had one poor game against the Hammers and one poor half against Newcastle, so I'm pretty happy with that. You are right that avoiding relegation is our priority of course. On current form we will but there's a long way to go. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.

If the thing earlier about "streams" and what have you was directed at me, I think regular visitors to my jibber, jabber and newsy updates will enjoy a wry smile at the idea. That must involve some digital-tech know how and what have you. Not my bag, not at my stage of life. No, it was something called 'Match of the Day.' On the BBC. They do a fine job covering all the top flight action. It's a highlights package, so it might be that the one way traffic in the Everton and Spurs games was the result of biased editing, unfairly portraying the plucky newcomers as second best. I don't know. Don't blame the humble viewer!

Ah right. Not a particularly well-informed opinion you were offering then.

Archived