IGNORED

The Best Sod Quote To Date.

Dorset_Cider

"I felt sorry for Joe Morrell, I said to him, That's the superstars you look up to!"

By god we all know what SOD means and it's about time we accept that and the magnitude of the job he has to do.

SOD IN, FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES..... and if you want me too define 'As Long As It Takes' it means just that.

Is that the players that he brought in?

Just asking like

Say's more to me about the general culture (of some footballers) rather than SOD , but yes there is the secondary element and I accept that.

As I'm certain SOD would........ edit..... oh actually did but not exactly in the way you put it?

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20131009-sodchances-1106354.aspx

Say's more to me about the general culture (of some footballers) rather than SOD , but yes there is the secondary element and I accept that.

As I'm certain SOD would........ edit..... oh actually did but not exactly in the way you put it?

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20131009-sodchances-1106354.aspx

Yes, depressing really. "Meet the new deadwood, the same as the old deadwood" as Pete and Rog might say......

Yes, depressing really. "Meet the new deadwood, the same as the old deadwood" as Pete and Rog might say......

Or "The Deadwood Stage is comin' in over the hill" as Doris...

Hang on, we've had that one already.

No, I like what Sean did there. Hopefully it put rockets up a few arrises among the 'senior' players.

No, I like what Sean did there. Hopefully it put rockets up a few arrises among the 'senior' players.

Yep .... you can argue against it, but you cannot really argue with it or let us say the logic of it........... it is a well made point.

I like SOD's comments. To me he sounds like he's tried to treat the players with respect and let them evolve. They've continually let him down. Last night he went old school and maybe, as we don't have a game for over a week, he can keep it going for a few days. Show our players how it could be.... get em spending the rest of this week running in silence - might make em realise they've been treated like adults so far.

I'm no fan but after his rant last night he deserves a few more games - finally he seems to be seeing things the way many fans do.

SOD is beginning to lose faith himself, in the players HE has brought in.

You brought them in, therefore YOU have a responsibility to motivate them to perform!

Naa, SOD could get a job tomorrow as I've stated elsewhere...... who's to say he has not motivated them and they just forgot all about what was said?

Is that them or him?

I can motivate you to do what needs to be done but on the day if you don't take any notice despite being motivated at the time..... what does that say about you?

Dorset

i admire your patience but by definition 'as long as it takes' could be several years and relegation to League 2

I wonder if your patience extends to being beaten twice by the Gas and finishing below them next season ?

Also after 'as long as it takes' what exactly does 'it' look like when we get there?

Is 'it' a top 10 Championship Club just like we were under Gary Johnson ? Or something else ?

If we aren't carefu 'it' could be a conference side in 18 months time !

Also meant to mention that great quote of Sean's is sure to lift the dressing room as well !

The more i see of this guy the less i see a 'people person''

For the sake of his marriage i do hope he's more fun at home!

yeah no doubt he's a t..t at home and shes giving him two weeks to sort it out or shes getting colin in!!!

Dorset

i admire your patience but by definition 'as long as it takes' could be several years and relegation to League 2

I wonder if your patience extends to being beaten twice by the Gas and finishing below them next season ?

Also after 'as long as it takes' what exactly does 'it' look like when we get there?

Is 'it' a top 10 Championship Club just like we were under Gary Johnson ? Or something else ?

TBH, that doesn't bear thinking about!!

However, all those trotting out the "Give it time" mantra, will be duty bound to keep saying the same, as we'll be in the exact same position. The likes of JET & Baldock will leave, Elliott, Pearson, Carey, Kilkenny etc.. will be out of contract and we'll be looking to bed in a whole new group.

Relegation is simply not an option, we have to stay up and hope that the current group are stronger for the experience, then the club can move forward. Otherwise, as you say, we could be staring down the barrel of conference football.

However, all those trotting out the "Give it time" mantra, will be duty bound to keep saying the same, as we'll be in the exact same position. The likes of JET & Baldock will leave, Elliott, Pearson, Carey, Kilkenny etc.. will be out of contract and we'll be looking to bed in a whole new group.

We're trying to build something, and create a style of play that means when players do inevitably leave, because player sales are now probably a more important source of income for us than ever, we will look to replace like with like because we know the kind of player we want to fit into a certain way. The last few seasons we've just collected players with no idea how they're going to fit together as a team.

If we're targeting players with the right attributes to fulfil a specific role the bedding in will be a lot less painful than trying to get a new squad to adopt to a whole new style of play. Once we've got that the replacing and recruiting becomes a lot bloody easier.

Dorset

How long is as long as it takes? I guess, but don't know, the club and SOD are/ were thinking, until Joe B, Bobby and the other new/ still learning ones can perform at the expected level. Because we are no longer buying, beyond the money we have and earn (no lending, no borrowing, no debt), our way out of trouble. And the other idea is not to buy in more costly, older loan players, because this blocks the path of our young, emerging players. They have to learn and find the way to be competitive, in professional football. Not so easy if they are not in the team. While they learn, they make mistakes. At the moment, it is not working out as well as SOD imagined. So he is working on sorting it out. If this comes off, they will be much the stronger for it. And more satisfying for us. In the meantime, we all suffer. And we all cope with that in our different ways

"I apologise to everyone who supports BCFC, the Chairman, and all lovers of this beautiful game. The performances and results have been shocking, and I have made the club a laughing stock in league 1. Looking at where Wolves and Pererborough are in the table, and by contrast ourselves, I feel I have no option but to leave as manager. I will not be seeking any compensation for terminating my contract, as I have let you all down badly. Goodbye."

Date TBA.

"I apologise to everyone who supports BCFC, the Chairman, and all lovers of this beautiful game. The performances and results have been shocking, and I have made the club a laughing stock in league 1. Looking at where Wolves and Pererborough are in the table, and by contrast ourselves, I feel I have no option but to leave as manager. I will not be seeking any compensation for terminating my contract, as I have let you all down badly. Goodbye."

Date TBA.

Or how about....

'I came into this job with the club in a downward spiral ... with no identifiable style or pattern of play, many players on long-term, expensive contracts, and with a player budget which was a fraction of that afforded to my predecessors. In addition, there was no apparent link between the clubs academy / development squad and the first team. I made it clear that the club would need to undertake a painful and, often frustrating, period of addressing these issues. Unfortunately, too many Bristol City fans still believe, despite all of the evidence to the contrary, that a manager or coach (preferably one who stands on the touchline with a bright red face, ranting and raving), can provide a quick fix to the long-standing problems at the club, and return it to its rightful place in the higher reaches of the championship overnight (even without the benefit of premier league parachute payments or substantial transfer fee income).

However, I remain absolutely committed to Bristol City and will remain as head coach until such time as we have completed the job that we have come here to do.'

Dorset

I do not believe.......... that we will be a conference side at all actually....... regardless

We've been beaten by the gas before..... It hurts a bit but hey I and we as a club survived and it gives the gas something to talk about..... for years & years & years & years :)

If only I could tell you what it would look like after 'as long as it takes' but I'm not mystic Meg and realistically it could look as bad as it is now,then we could have this conversation again...... if we do you can say I predicted it and told you so :)

TBH, that doesn't bear thinking about!!

Relegation is simply not an option, we have to stay up and hope that the current group are stronger for the experience, then the club can move forward. Otherwise, as you say, we could be staring down the barrel of conference football.

Now who's saying the same old stuff :)

Which season are you talking about...... remind me ;)

Archived