IGNORED

World Cup Memories - What Was Your Favourite

MC RISK77

Surprised no-one else has fond memories of Mexico 70. The hope that England could retain the trophy, and THAT Brazil side. Jairzinho, Rivelino, Tostou, Pele, Carlos Alberto etc. Also the sticker album, which I so wish I still had today. The odd kick off times, and the grainy pictures with that distinctive 70s commentary. Football was special in those days.

Neigh lad you're not alone.My favourite as well you have described the atmosphère perfectly.

Banks save from Pele.Bobby Moore ,"did he/ did n't he half inch some tom from a jewellers ? Of course not ,a gentleman ,not like devious Johnny Foreigner.

You must have been a foal at that time.

Surprised no-one else has fond memories of Mexico 70. The hope that England could retain the trophy, and THAT Brazil side. Jairzinho, Rivelino, Tostou, Pele, Carlos Alberto etc. Also the sticker album, which I so wish I still had today. The odd kick off times, and the grainy pictures with that distinctive 70s commentary. Football was special in those days.

Terry Cooper played in that England v Brazil match, I remember the BBC showed the full 90 minutes a few years ago.

The Argentina match in 98 will take some beating. Very unlucky not to progress after playing so long with 10 men.

Not so many other great moments as I was too young to remember 1990.

I remember jumping up and down in my mates front room going mad when Sol Campbell 'scored' the winner... or so we thought. Looking back though the melee at the tv and the Argies were on the attack with half our team still celebrating was a shocker!

Also West Germany v Austria in '82, it was a bit like the Coventry v City game from '77.....a result that suited both sides ;)

That was why FIFA decreed that the final group games should be played at the same time. Apparently it hadn't occurred to them before :facepalm:

Archived