IGNORED

Have The Courage Of Your Convictions.....?

Bar BS3

Right so the crux of the matter is you basically want to go I was right so yaboo sucks, under the auspices of charity, No?

There really arent that many people calling for SO'D to go, which is surprising, There is an air of resignation and malaise though amongst everyone. practically, that, nothing appears to matter much any more and a trained seal could be in charge and we'd still be rubbish, despite all of the changes and so one. Some have decided to stick with So'D despite the appalling record thus far, some genuinely have reached the point where they dont give a monkey's any more and others are being vociferious about wanting him to go.

Something has to change, or we are jiggered, what that is is the great unknown at present.

Well, yes! I am putting my support of SOD and my opinion that he can turn things around, out there to be shot down if I am wrong and to be able to prove my point that now is not the time to make a change, if it turns out that my faith is well placed. 

It is a damn sight easier to slate SOD and call for a change right now, based on our league position, than it is to stand up and say "I believe in the job that he is doing and have confidence that we will be alright under his management" Of course, IF im am proven to be right, I will be entitled to aim a contented "I told you so" to those who are currently on here insisting that now is the time to change things.

Of course, football is about opinions. How is standing by my opinion and asking someone who is being very vocal and potentially disruptive in theirs, a problem....?!

I appologise if you find the the tone of the thread "confrontational" or "aggressive".

Out of interest, do you want the board to stick with SOD or make a change now?

Do you think that we are in danger, come the end of the season, or do you think we have the man who can turn things around..?

In a nutshell.... do you think we will finish nearer 12th or 23rd place?

I think city will finish in around 15th position. I think SOD probably IS a good manager but isn't doing much to prove otherwise right now.

Just don't like him. Don't like the way he over complicates everything, talks in David Brent style "management speak" outcomes, performances, transitions, projects blah blah blah. He uses this to hide behind.

Don't like his back handed remarks to supporters, hated the way he just didn't 'get' the rovers game. He talks a brilliant game but hasn't delivered us anything of note.

Yes we don't get hammered every week and are losing but the odd goal but we are still losing. All the time. Hadn't fixed the defence (in fairness nor did Keith or Del) but it's costing us every single time.

You asked for a nutshell and I've gone on a bit. So no I don't think we'll get relegated and you are probably right we might end up in twelfth. But as I said earlier I expected better than that.

I think city will finish in around 15th position. I think SOD probably IS a good manager but isn't doing much to prove otherwise right now.

Just don't like him. Don't like the way he over complicates everything, talks in David Brent style "management speak" outcomes, performances, transitions, projects blah blah blah. He uses this to hide behind.

Don't like his back handed remarks to supporters, hated the way he just didn't 'get' the rovers game. He talks a brilliant game but hasn't delivered us anything of note.

Yes we don't get hammered every week and are losing but the odd goal but we are still losing. All the time. Hadn't fixed the defence (in fairness nor did Keith or Del) but it's costing us every single time.

You asked for a nutshell and I've gone on a bit. So no I don't think we'll get relegated and you are probably right we might end up in twelfth. But as I said earlier I expected better than that.

Thank you for a fair and balanced viewpoint.

I suppose my initial point (which does seem to have gotton a little bit lost along the way!) is very much that. Some on here (thakfully still only a vocal minority, it seems) are quick to be calling for SOD's head now, claiming allsorts from "he has lost the dressing room" to "we are showing no signs of improvement" to "we will get relegated again under SOD"

My view (very much still to be proven one way or anther) is that there is no real need for panic, however dissaponting the league table looks and results have been. I believe that sufficient signs are there that we are moving in the right direction and we just need results to start reflecting this, which I believe will happen by sticking with SOD.

Of course, football is about opinions. How is standing by my opinion and asking someone who is being very vocal and potentially disruptive in theirs, a problem....?!

You are indeed correct here about opinions. But you mention disruptive.

I remember when DMC was struggling there was a good majority backing him and asking for time but in the end that probably kept him in the job too long and then when he did go, it was way too late.

Both sides of our current situation could be considered disruptive. But if someone starts another "our season starts at (insert team name)" thread i might just go all Heisenberg. ;)

I remember when DMC was struggling there was a good majority backing him and asking for time but in the end that probably kept him in the job too long and then when he did go, it was way too late.

Both sides of our current situation could be considered disruptive. But if someone starts another "our season starts at (insert team name)" thread i might just go all Heisenberg. ;)

You make a good point and in all honesty, I was one who was all for keeping DMC in place and was dissapponted when results and more importantly performances made his position untenable.

I believe (rightly or, again wrongly) that SOD has alot more substance to his claims and better track record of achieving (to differing levels) what he is attempting to instill here, in our club, from top to bottom.

As for "our season starts...." I also believe that once we get a win or two under our belts and get that monkey off our backs and bit more confidence returns, that is the point at which our season can maybe not "start", but beging to kick on and we can begin to climb the table.

I just hope that we can do that asap, before SOD inevitebly has to become the sacraficial lamb for our marginal failings (I see them as marginal) thus far.

I truely believe and pf course I could be totally wrong! that we will look back in 2-3 years and say "thank god the board didn't panic and get get rid of SOD during that bad start to 2013/14 season, otherwise we might not be sat here at the San Siro now!" (of course the last part is very much in jest. Being sat somewhere the likes of Forest, Brum, Derby etc, with a genuine belief that we are going to compete will surfice!)

As long as you don't go all Shroedinger on my hedgehog :o

I see where your coming from BS3 and you make some excellent points. I'd just like like to finish on the point that its important we debate these issues.

There shouldn't be a them and us mentality, we all want the best for the team/club but what we cAnt always agree how this should be achieved.

What really grates me is the opionion that if you can't see the vision you ain't a real fan.

Anyway despite my opionion Sods time is running/run out I'm desperate for a league win and will be doing my best to suck the ball into the east end onion bag!

This international break is already boring me.

COYR

Doesnt work like 'I told you so' Everyone want's what is best for the club and everyone has a different opinion as to how that is best achievable. Gung Ho Sabre Rattling because you believe whilst others dont and have proven their stances so many times it's ridiculous vs unwaivering blind faith has created stalemate, because there is no where for either side to go unless things start happening on the pitch or continue not happening on the pitch

I think we are going around in circles here, but one last time... Yes, I agree with what you are saying, but my point and the point of this thread, is asking those who I believe to making a panic decision in calling for SOD's head to to stand by what they are saying that they believe (sod isn't upto the task and we are doomed under his leadership) and make a charitable bet on it against my opinion, that he is capable of turning things around and is worth keeping with.

So far, not one if his more outspoken critics has been willing to do this.

No doubt, if in 10 games time, nothing has improved, then my patience will have run out, but at present I'm confident enough to back my belief that we will not remain in this position and things are heading in the right direction. Without doubt though, we need some results to go along with/prove this!

It's not panic though, that's my whole entire point. You are exacerbating things with hyperbole for no reason. Charity thing is just a crutch to see who is the biggest baddest whatever on the forum for whatever reason. As said in my original post, it's bizarre as to why keep inflaming it, if your point wasnt to infame.

The "charity thing" is because I'm not interested in profiting personally, should my opinion prove to be correct.

To be honest, I think that you are purely arguing for the sake of it now. If you don't believe that we are going to improve under SOD and he is the wrong man to have in charge, then why not take up the bet and stand by those beliefs..?

Er, you may have noticed my other posts where people have said, 'put up or shut up' (which is by it's very nature confrontational) that for reasons I'd rather not discuss here, I don't bet. Cheers for needlessly squaring up, because you have a 'need' to be right though :(

As already said everyone has opinions as to how their club should be, none are more important than anyone else's despite the bravado! Accept that you have a view, it differs from others and that people may not want to take up your bet because you are being very aggressive about it, just a thought.

It's not aggressive or squaring up to ask you to put your money where your constantly negative mouth is. It is simply saying, if you believe it what you say and you are not just doom mongering then take an opportunity to prove it.

I respect you might not wish to gamble for whatever your own personal reasons, so how about a jovial GJ style "burtons wondow" forfeit for the opinion that proves to be wrong. Any suggestions..?

I don't believe for one second we will make the top half of the div this season, we are going to have to start winning pretty quick if we are even to get out of the bottom 4 anytime soon.

I also don't believe the board will backtrack and show sod the door either, whatever happens this week/month/season, he may walk if we become to much of an embarrassment to him or gets fed up with the undoubted restrictions that have been imposed on him.

The, however many pillars we are building will take a while, who knows where we will be during their construction? we may well have to go down even more yet so don't plan on any assault on the championship quite yet.

It's not aggressive or squaring up to ask you to put your money where your constantly negative mouth is. It is simply saying, if you believe it what you say and you are not just doom mongering then take an opportunity to prove it.

I respect you might not wish to gamble for whatever your own personal reasons, so how about a jovial GJ style "burtons wondow" forfeit for the opinion that proves to be wrong. Any suggestions..?

Yes I have a plan, you stop posting on here for a season under any name, if you are right and I will do likewise?

Bets only on if SOD stays till last game of season;

I agree that we will end up higher than 12th, I say 10th but to the op, please stop banging the charity drum you're not Bob Geldoff. You come on here like Florence Nightingale but I wouldn't trust you to hand over your lolly to charity, spend it on booze more likely. The charity thing's just a crutch for your thread ego-that's where you're really hoping to profit (that and a skinful down your local if I'm a day)

Yes I have a plan, you stop posting on here for a season under any name, if you are right and I will do likewise?

Bets only on if SOD stays till last game of season;

Bizarre suggestion! Why would I stop posting if I'm right..?! Why would I stop if I'm wrong..?

You are as outspoken as anyone about SOD's failings, you say there is no way we will make mid table, so why not take up the original bet?

I agree that we will end up higher than 12th, I say 10th but to the op, please stop banging the charity drum you're not Bob Geldoff. You come on here like Florence Nightingale but I wouldn't trust you to hand over your lolly to charity, spend it on booze more likely. The charity thing's just a crutch for your thread ego-that's where you're really hoping to profit (that and a skinful down your local if I'm a day)

Eh..?!

Much as I suspected, the anti SOD brigade go very quiet when you ask them to actually back up what they say, rather than rant and rave one here and blatantly choose to ignore the positives. They find it far easier to look at the table and judge PURELY on that. Then again, those that are moaning the loudest are probably those that don't actually whiteness the evidence first hand anyway. Kind of like I was suggesting with my OP.

What are the positives??? i bet i can think of more negatives because there are more, wake up.... i only imagine that most the posters on here are parents of kids in the Acadamy Or brian tinnion under a false name because real fans will see where we are in the league and think.,..whats wrong

Look yes I am anti sod as you put it but I've hardly been ranting & raving! At the start of this season did I expect is to win the league? No, did I expect a play off push? No! I said to a few mates before the Bradford game I reckon we will finish between 10th - 12th. I also said and I quote "I'm really looking forward to this season, will be nice not to struggle all the time and win a few games!" It's now October 14th and We still have not won a league game! We are on our worst winless league run in our entire history. Sod comes out with the same excuses every game after just standing with his arms crossed for most of the game! The Wycombe game baffled me the most tho. After playing so well at port vale why make so many changes! Do I want sod to fail? Of course not! I will be at Crewe on Saturday hoping for our 1st league away win since December 2012 but won't be holding my breath......

To answer your question tho, no bet I'm afraid, I never bet on city ;)

What are the positives??? i bet i can think of more negatives because there are more, wake up.... i only imagine that most the posters on here are parents of kids in the Acadamy Or brian tinnion under a false name because real fans will see where we are in the league and think.,..whats wrong

Yet you won't back up what you say by taking the bet..?!

use your peepers, I put it all there in print for you.I don't trust you with your charity bet, the only dead cert around here is that should you lose you'll glug the charity cash straight down your Gregory

I'm not sure who you think you are talking too!

Bringing it up purely in response you your appalling allegations, I have and do often run events in aid of charity and local good causes with no personal gain whatsoever. People on here will be aware of that and know how far of the mark you are! I'm not a particularly big drinker nowadays, not that what I choose to spend my spare income on has the slightest thing to do with you!

Bizarre suggestion! Why would I stop posting if I'm right..?! Why would I stop if I'm wrong..?

You are as outspoken as anyone about SOD's failings, you say there is no way we will make mid table, so why not take up the original bet?

Try again;

Finish above 12th I wont say a word next season.

Finish below 12th you say nothing next season.

and12th we continue bitching.

You suggested other options to original bet.

Try again;

Finish above 12th I wont say a word next season.

Finish below 12th you say nothing next season.

and12th we continue bitching.

You suggested other options to original bet.

Ha ha! At least you seem to be taking the proposal in the way it was meant!

I wouldn't wish for you to surpress your views and opinions, even if I do disagree with most of them!

I'm not sure who you think you are talking too!

Bringing it up purely in response you your appalling allegations, I have and do often run events in aid of charity and local good causes with no personal gain whatsoever. People on here will be aware of that and know how far of the mark you are! I'm not a particularly big drinker nowadays, not that what I choose to spend my spare income on has the slightest thing to do with you!

If you count the charity winnings as "spare income" then I would say I've hit the nail squarely on the head mister

Archived