IGNORED

Have The Courage Of Your Convictions.....?

Bar BS3

If you count the charity winnings as "spare income" then I would say I've hit the nail squarely on the head mister

MY spare income you *****!

Stop talking shite on here, hiding behind your keyboard.

Are the Mods going to allow this sort of thing..?!

What are the positives??? i bet i can think of more negatives because there are more, wake up.... i only imagine that most the posters on here are parents of kids in the Acadamy Or brian tinnion under a false name because real fans will see where we are in the league and think.,..whats wrong

I would say real fans go to games and do more than just look at the league table after 10 games. 

MY spare income you *****!

Stop talking shite on here, hiding behind your keyboard.

Are the Mods going to allow this sort of thing..?!

I thought you were saying that you consider the money you make from charity as your spare income and so have no qualms about guzzling it down the pub. If I got the wrong end of the stick then sorry. No need for the Mods on this one. I do find your tone a touch rude though, to be perfectly frank.

I would say real fans go to games and do more than just look at the league table after 10 games. 

Excuse me ive been going to games for the past 15 years , i went to every ground under wilson , tinnion , johnson with great memories under the first and last of those managers ,after 9 years in league 1  i was one of the few to really appreciate our time in the championship and attended every game

your right i have stayed away this season because we arent in dire financial strates, we arent in a pompey type situation where we all need to rally around the club, we have just lost ambition... i have no appetite to watch us hang around in league 1, we have more in the tank than that

Excuse me ive been going to games for the past 15 years , i went to every ground under wilson , tinnion , johnson with great memories under the first and last of those managers ,after 9 years in league 1  i was one of the few to really appreciate our time in the championship and attended every game

your right i have stayed away this season because we arent in dire financial strates, we arent in a pompey type situation where we all need to rally around the club, we have just lost ambition... i have no appetite to watch us hang around in league 1, we have more in the tank than that

Fair play for your past commitment. But all the more surprising you come out with such sweeping negativity when you must surely realise that teams go on bad runs, players lose confidence, individual mistakes changes games etc etc etc. Of course the league table is depressing but there are reasons to be positive, not least the potential of a lot of the younger players and a manager who is realistic, has a vision for where we want to be and how we are going to get there.

If you choose to slate the team at every opportunity without going to see for yourself whats going on at least give it more than 10 games eh?

I won't look out for you at Carlisle....

Excuse me ive been going to games for the past 15 years , i went to every ground under wilson , tinnion , johnson with great memories under the first and last of those managers ,after 9 years in league 1 i was one of the few to really appreciate our time in the championship and attended every game

So you haven't witnessed what's been happening this season, other than looking at the league table.

Fair play for your past commitment. But all the more surprising you come out with such sweeping negativity when you must surely realise that teams go on bad runs, players lose confidence, individual mistakes changes games etc etc etc. Of course the league table is depressing but there are reasons to be positive, not least the potential of a lot of the younger players and a manager who is realistic, has a vision for where we want to be and how we are going to get there.

If you choose to slate the team at every opportunity without going to see for yourself whats going on at least give it more than 10 games eh?

I won't look out for you at Carlisle....

I think my johnson depression will be increased by going to carlisle as my last memory is there is Bradley Orr curling the ball with his swinger in to the top corner on the way to promotion, wont want to replace that with a 3-0 defeat from a Lee Miller hat trick

Right i have been twice this season , so i guess im out of the club now , my opinion dosent count, past is forgotten, thousands of pounds spent supporting ,

I see where your going mate ill shut up

You are the one who said that you had been staying away.

Respect for your previous efforts, but jumping ship because all isn't rosey isn't to be commended. Nor is constant, total negativity in the face of some aspects of undoubted improvement, despite results.

All of the petty arguments aside there is plenty of argument on both sides of the "SOD debate" so I can understand why some would say he needs to go and some would need say he needs to stay. I'm a believer in that we need stability more than anything if we are to turnaround our dire situation and so I'll continue to back SOD.

If you look at our recent managers it's plain to see that since GJ we've not had a long term manager and so it's not surprising that the mess our club is in cannot be sorted if we keep replacing frequently. If we were to sack SOD tomorrow and hire someone else that would be our fifth manager in the same period of time that GJ held the position, that's ludicrous!

SOD has inherited a real mess and to add to that mess he has a board who don't seem to know the difference between a football and a rock. I suppose another way to look at it is if SOD is doing this badly despite having a great record prior to coming to us then imagine what an unproven or not so good manager would do coming in and having to sort out the still lingering mess that will take time to replace.

One statistic that needs to be addressed:

SOD

Bournmouth 36.20%

Doncaster Rovers 36.19%

Nottingham Forest 38.46%

Bristol City 22.86%

McInnes

St Johnstone 40.11%

Bristol City 26.98%

Aberdeen 43.75%

Millen (only us)

Coppell

Crystal Palace 40.50

Crystal Palace 28.13

Manchester City 33.33%

Crystal Palace 31.37%

Crystal Palace 26.76%

Brentford 50.00%

Brighton & Hove Albion 36.73%

Reading 44.48%

Bristol City 0%

Every one of our managers since GJ has had the lowest win percentage of their career at Bristol City!? It's obviously not just down to the manager if it's a reoccurring theme. Anyone with any common sense can tell that something isn't right at our club and it seems to me that it's down to the board being as the board has changed since GJ and the big mess ups have been since this new board shuffle took place.

If we're realistic we're lucky to have SOD, he could go elsewhere and I'd put money on him being successful. Weren't Wolves in for SOD and we managed to coax him to us? I don't think Wolves were interested in him because he was a "cheap option", they know he's a good manager and they know they needed a turn around. As it was I think SOD was offered the opportunity to reform this club, not use what was already there and to do that it will take time. Wolves was a quick turn job, using the great talent they have there to drag them back up to the Championship and SOD obviously preferred the idea of rebuilding entirely and despite the dismal start he hasn't walked and he hasn't lost his determination, to me he's shown more fight than many of our old players and even many of our board. It's fully understandable that we can't wait forever for a win but we aren't going to find a manager willing to take on our mess as qualified and as determined as SOD is.

All of the petty arguments aside there is plenty of argument on both sides of the "SOD debate" so I can understand why some would say he needs to go and some would need say he needs to stay. I'm a believer in that we need stability more than anything if we are to turnaround our dire situation and so I'll continue to back SOD.

If you look at our recent managers it's plain to see that since GJ we've not had a long term manager and so it's not surprising that the mess our club is in cannot be sorted if we keep replacing frequently. If we were to sack SOD tomorrow and hire someone else that would be our fifth manager in the same period of time that GJ held the position, that's ludicrous!

SOD has inherited a real mess and to add to that mess he has a board who don't seem to know the difference between a football and a rock. I suppose another way to look at it is if SOD is doing this badly despite having a great record prior to coming to us then imagine what an unproven or not so good manager would do coming in and having to sort out the still lingering mess that will take time to replace.

One statistic that needs to be addressed:

SOD

Bournmouth 36.20%

Doncaster Rovers 36.19%

Nottingham Forest 38.46%

Bristol City 22.86%

McInnes

St Johnstone 40.11%

Bristol City 26.98%

Aberdeen 43.75%

Millen (only us)

Coppell

Crystal Palace 40.50

Crystal Palace 28.13

Manchester City 33.33%

Crystal Palace 31.37%

Crystal Palace 26.76%

Brentford 50.00%

Brighton & Hove Albion 36.73%

Reading 44.48%

Bristol City 0%

Every one of our managers since GJ has had the lowest win percentage of their career at Bristol City!? It's obviously not just down to the manager if it's a reoccurring theme. Anyone with any common sense can tell that something isn't right at our club and it seems to me that it's down to the board being as the board has changed since GJ and the big mess ups have been since this new board shuffle took place.

If we're realistic we're lucky to have SOD, he could go elsewhere and I'd put money on him being successful. Weren't Wolves in for SOD and we managed to coax him to us? I don't think Wolves were interested in him because he was a "cheap option", they know he's a good manager and they know they needed a turn around. As it was I think SOD was offered the opportunity to reform this club, not use what was already there and to do that it will take time. Wolves was a quick turn job, using the great talent they have there to drag them back up to the Championship and SOD obviously preferred the idea of rebuilding entirely and despite the dismal start he hasn't walked and he hasn't lost his determination, to me he's shown more fight than many of our old players and even many of our board. It's fully understandable that we can't wait forever for a win but we aren't going to find a manager willing to take on our mess as qualified and as determined as SOD is.

Very well put!

:rofl2br: Not this old tosh, pray tell me how many games must you see and over how long to be a real fan, like you :dunno: Sorry aint been to many this season but in the late 60`s and early 70`s I went to all games home and away. Don't go so much now as frankly times ticking by and I have more important things to do.

I hang my head in shame. :fear:  

:rofl2br: Not this old tosh, pray tell me how many games must you see and over how long to be a real fan, like you :dunno:

Yawn. Of course people who actually go to games are better placed to form an educated opinion about performances. 

Of course actually going to games makes someone more of a fan than someone who doesn't - although that is not to say that people who don't go to games aren't fans, obviously.

Of course there are some people who were or would like to be going to games but can't because they live abroad, or other reasons - but those who simply choose not too...? of course they would class as lesser fans than those who do get down there and support the club. Again, that is not to say they are not fans, but no, not to the same extent as those who do go. imo.

So this whole thread has been about willy waving then, I rest my case

No. It's about asking if people will stand by what they say rather than spouting ignorantly formed opinion based on something that they don't participate in.

Actually, it wasn't even about that - it was me saying that that I think SOD is worth keeping with and putting my money where my mouth is and offering someone who thinks otherwise if they wish to do the same and keep a friendly, lighthearted eye on it as the season unfolds.

Yawn. Of course people who actually go to games are better placed to form an educated opinion about performances. 

Of course actually going to games makes someone more of a fan than someone who doesn't - although that is not to say that people who don't go to games aren't fans, obviously.

Of course there are some people who were or would like to be going to games but can't because they live abroad, or other reasons - but those who simply choose not too...? of course they would class as lesser fans than those who do get down there and support the club. Again, that is not to say they are not fans, but no, not to the same extent as those who do go. imo.

Presumably then, we also need to factor in the experience of the person forming an opinion of the performance.  I assume someone who has played and studied the game at the highest levels and only watched one game, would be better placed than someone who doesn't know the difference between a corner flag or assistant referee's flag but seen every game since 1902.

Perhaps we can have something on the forum that is able to "rate" each posters relative football qualifications and uberfanness so that we can ignore those who are rated low?

Presumably then, we also need to factor in the experience of the person forming an opinion of the performance.  I assume someone who has played and studied the game at the highest levels and only watched one game, would be better placed than someone who doesn't know the difference between a corner flag or assistant referee's flag but seen every game since 1902.

Perhaps we can have something on the forum that is able to "rate" each posters relative football qualifications and uberfanness so that we can ignore those who are rated low?

I see what you are saying but no, not really. Football is all about opinions, whether right or wrong, different to your own or similar.

My point is that people who regularly attend games are better qualified to form that opinion, whatever it might be.

I would also add (and I could be totally wrong here) I suspect that many of those willing to give SOD more time and stick with him for now, are people who have seen games regularly this season, whereas the more vocal "SOD out" side of the fence are basing their opinion purely on results and league position, without having whitnessed the bigger picture and the fine margins that have plagued us so far this season, bar the P'boro game.

I see what you are saying but no, not really. Football is all about opinions, whether right or wrong, different to your own or similar.

My point is that people who regularly attend games are better qualified to form that opinion, whatever it might be.

I would also add (and I could be totally wrong here) I suspect that many of those willing to give SOD more time and stick with him for now, are people who have seen games regularly this season, whereas the more vocal "SOD out" side of the fence are basing their opinion purely on results and league position, without having whitnessed the bigger picture and the fine margins that have plagued us so far this season, bar the P'boro game.

Yeah right our football league is upside down.

We have a mountainous first step to make; i.e get out of the bottom 4, this will involve us winning at least a game and others losing.

The "fine margins" you talk of also goes  for the rest of the teams in this div, and the bottom line is if them upstairs decide Sods time is up then he`s gone, whatever`s been said before.

I`ve no wish to see us playing at FGR anytime soon so we had better halt the slide SOON, stop banging on about pretty football and bad luck etc, etc, AND WIN SOME BLOOMING GAMES. :pray:

Yeah right our football league is upside down.

We have a mountainous first step to make; i.e get out of the bottom 4, this will involve us winning at least a game and others losing.

The "fine margins" you talk of also goes  for the rest of the teams in this div, and the bottom line is if them upstairs decide Sods time is up then he`s gone, whatever`s been said before.

I`ve no wish to see us playing at FGR anytime soon so we had better halt the slide SOON, stop banging on about pretty football and bad luck etc, etc, AND WIN SOME BLOOMING GAMES. :pray:

Of course we all want to win some games. It sounds silly, but that is really all we are lacking at the moment. Only those who have been watching us play will know what I mean by that and that we genuinely are not a million miles away.

Ironically, I'm saying we are heading in the right direction, you are saying we are not - that was what this whole thread was about - to give people with your viewpoint the opportunity to back that up against my viewpoint that all is not as doom and gloom as the league table suggests.

Who will ultimitely be proven right...? Who knows, that is the beauty of football, but based on what I have whitnessed so far, I'm not as concerned as the people on your side of the fence seem to be.

Er you listed how fans should be catergorised, and thus by logical extension of that who has the 'best view' Should we split the forum based on that with a section for those who go all games those who go some and those who go to none, as it came across as being very elitist. Everyone has a view on their club, irrespective how many times they go, because it's their club, they are all as valid as each other. So the piousness about it is bizarre and it's an extension of your original 'Look at me, I wanna bet because I want to prove 'something' willy waving that kicked the whole thing off with the confrontational 'non confrontational' posting

As opposed to your "I don't go very often and incase these people who do, are right, i'm going to have a tantrum and start twisting what they say - whilst still not having enough faith in my opinion to take up the original bet or offer alternative" kind of post...?!

As opposed to your "I don't go very often and incase these people who do, are right, i'm going to have a tantrum and start twisting what they say - whilst still not having enough faith in my opinion to take up the original bet or offer alternative" kind of post...?!

But I note that you turned down a counter bet proposal.  Seems you're not so confident after all.

But I note that you turned down a counter bet proposal.  Seems you're not so confident after all

I haven't turned down any bets - I just didn't think that either person needing to exclude themselves from a forum for the next year is a productive or attractive stake!

Was that you offering to take up a wager....?

I haven't turned down any bets - I just didn't think that either person needing to exclude themselves from a forum for the next year is a productive or attractive stake!

Was that you offering to take up a wager....?

Are you a politician in real life.  You didn't turn a bet down - just didn't take one that was offered??  You are David Cameron in disguise and I claim my prize.  And, no, I have no interest in bets of any kind.

Are you a politician in real life.  You didn't turn a bet down - just didn't take one that was offered??  You are David Cameron in disguise and I claim my prize.  And, no, I have no interest in bets of any kind.

Strange topic to be commenting on then!

No I didn't take one up because the stake was not of any interest atall. I'm hopefull that we can beat Crewe on Saturday and might wager a tenner on it with someone, or at the bookies, but if someone asked me to bet next months salary on it, I wouldn't be interested. Of course i'm interested in making a bet on the subject topic - that's why I started the thread in the first place.

On the other bizarre part of your post - No, i'm not a politician, but I would love to be given half a chance. See if I could help do soemthing to stop this country going to the dogs, as it is at the moment!

Strange topic to be commenting on then!

No I didn't take one up because the stake was not of any interest atall. I'm hopefull that we can beat Crewe on Saturday and might wager a tenner on it with someone, or at the bookies, but if someone asked me to bet next months salary on it, I wouldn't be interested. Of course i'm interested in making a bet on the subject topic - that's why I started the thread in the first place.

On the other bizarre part of your post - No, i'm not a politician, but I would love to be given half a chance. See if I could help do soemthing to stop this country going to the dogs, as it is at the moment!

Not really a strange topic.  I think it strange that you think a bet proves a point of some kind or that a refusal to lay a wager somehow weakens an argument.

You're the one coming all over billy big bollox wanting a bet only to turn a genuine offer of a wager down.  Most peculiar.

Archived