IGNORED

What The .....are We Doing

notsobigfatdave

What the ....are we doing ??......... 20th in the third tier of English Football ! The sixth largest city in England with a populace of 1.2 million!!

just illustrates a complete lack of ambition by successive owners who seem prepared to just let us bump along the bottom...The Local Authority appear to have the same attitude as well.

Staggers me that no one is prepared to really invest in the potential at BC

What the ....are we doing ??......... 20th in the third tier of English Football ! The sixth largest city in England with a populace of 1.2 million!!

just illustrates a complete lack of ambition by successive owners who seem prepared to just let us bump along the bottom...The Local Authority appear to have the same attitude as well.

Problem is that Bristol, for the most part doesn't give a ****. Look at every other City/big town. Great facilities etc. We don't. City have never been successful. A few years in the top flight nearly cost us the club. Either every chairman/manager doesn't have a clue or maybe we're just a small club in a big city. We didn't even sell out a local derby vs rovers. No one will invest as there is so little potential.

Problem is that Bristol, for the most part doesn't give a ****. Look at every other City/big town. Great facilities etc. We don't. City have never been successful. A few years in the top flight nearly cost us the club. Either every chairman/manager doesn't have a clue or maybe we're just a small club in a big city. We didn't even sell out a local derby vs rovers. No one will invest as there is so little potential.

We were about 200 tickets away from doing so in the JPT first round.

Tbf we pretty much did sell out v Rovers. It got to the point where no one wanted to buy tickets as it was just individual seats.

I don't think we'll ever get anywhere until we have a decent ground, and a top training/youth setup, which we are on the way to setting up. We are still a million miles away from some clubs though, the video Man City have posted showing off their new youth facilities is literally incredible.

Even if we were like Man Utd... and won the Prem every year... what difference to our lives would it make?

It's just a game of football... and bragging rights amongst friends at the end of the day...

Bristol folk think like this...which makes sense... a lot of other Cities populations feel differently and it means all to them....

Bit sad really when you think about it...

Would still rather be watching City over Man Utd though :-)

Even if we were like Man Utd... and won the Prem every year... what difference to our lives would it make?

It's just a game of football... and bragging rights amongst friends at the end of the day...

Bristol folk think like this...which makes sense... a lot of other Cities populations feel differently and it means all to them....

That hurt, Football is more than a 'game'

You saved it at the end Spudski ;)

spud our lives would be worse!!! at least we still have the dream.

where is the joy when you know you'r going to win every saturday? (one win would be nice!)

anyway glad your back.

Labour, Liberal, Green, NIMBY,s bollox! All holding this great city back. I agree with OP. Look at the two south wales' cities and clubs for a comparison.

Why leave the Tories out of your post. I doubt very much they run either Cardiff or Swansea concils.... Not exactly their heartland.

Bristol struggles with any form of major infrastructural development - concert hall, football stadia, trams. Small tomwn/village mentality rules.

Labour, Liberal, Green, NIMBY,s bollox! All holding this great city back. I agree with OP. Look at the two south wales' cities and clubs for a comparison.

Seriously... ???/ I'd rather be watching City in Div 2 than gong down the Cardiff route... what a disgrace that is.

In fact it sums up the average football supporter these days who blindly follows what happens to their club regardless... would you seriously watch City if they were like Cardiff?

I'd rather let the Club die and start again than support some tart from Asia who thinks he can piss all over a Clubs history and it's support.

This weeks story of employing a friends son as chief scout sums it up...yet people still go to watch them.

No wonder the major populous look at football fans as mindless lemmings... fans in this country need to stand up for what is right... supporting such trash is not right...even if you're in the Prem...

Pathetic isn't it? Amongst many issues, the stadium failure, at a rare time of momentum for the club a few years ago, has been massive. It ultimately could well prove to be as big as going bust back in 82.

Seriously... ???/ I'd rather be watching City in Div 2 than gong down the Cardiff route... what a disgrace that is.

In fact it sums up the average football supporter these days who blindly follows what happens to their club regardless... would you seriously watch City if they were like Cardiff?

I'd rather let the Club die and start again than support some tart from Asia who thinks he can piss all over a Clubs history and it's support.

This weeks story of employing a friends son as chief scout sums it up...yet people still go to watch them.

No wonder the major populous look at football fans as mindless lemmings... fans in this country need to stand up for what is right... supporting such trash is not right...even if you're in the Prem...

I just want to see us win a football game!

so true, Cardiff situation is awful, really quite sad and as it rolls on you wonder what's next for them. Rather be us and where we are than them any day

Yes the table looks cack at the moment, but a few wins and it will look much rosier. Odriscoll will turn it around, keep the faith.

My feeling,as you,is that SOD can turn this about. process has to begin soon for sure as my fear is that if we hit the bottom at any time,which is not beyond the realms the plug will be pulled.i feel this is a very likely reaction.

At ****** last, someone has finally hit the nail on the ****** head...Instead of comparing the blue shirte constantly, and they are ****** worse than us, have been for years. Look at the Swampsea approach not Crapdiff, cos that will get us in even WORSE shit than we are now

Swans

At ****** last, someone has finally hit the nail on the ****** head...Instead of comparing the blue shirte constantly, and they are ****** worse than us, have been for years. Look at the Swampsea approach not Crapdiff, cos that will get us in even WORSE shit than we are now

This swansea approach thing annoys me so much if thats what you think city are doing, the year swansea got promoted from league 1 they signed Jason Scotland, Ashley williams, Daryl Duffy when he was rated Andy Robinson , they spent to go up like you must 

City will come around again i just fear how long it will take for us to get up again

Archived