IGNORED

This Is What I Think !

M_Porter

The only thing I can hope for is somehow like Bournemouth and Yeovil who apparently found themselves in almost as bad position this time last season, we can pull clear.

They both had events that you could point at which changed the direction of their season though. Yeovil found Madden and goals, B'mouth's event was a change in manager.

What's our trigger going to be?

IMO the board won't sack SoD for several reasons. The main reason is simple - if he gets the sack, who on earth would want the job?

No decent manager would want to come to a club who have had a series of managers in recent years and have got zilch to spend on new players. The only applicants would be out of work no-hopers or, even worse, a young up and coming manager from Scotland

They both had events that you could point at which changed the direction of their season though. Yeovil found Madden and goals, B'mouth's event was a change in manager.

3 points.. When we get a win things will start to turn...

3 points.. When we get a win things will start to turn...

I sure hope so. Feels a little like blind faith to me and it is a case of how long do we wait for that first win. Fingers crossed it comes soon and we do kick on.  

Wasn't Russell Slade on the point of losing his job last season..

Lost 7-8 games on the trot...

Barry Hearn saw the development - stuck with him....

I say we stick with SOD and while it won't be a promotion winning season, next season could see us do an O's..

He was. Also didn't the gaffer at Colchester offer his resignation last season and their chairman refused it and told him he has their full backing. They are having a pretty decent season thus far given relative expectations.

I sure hope so. Feels a little like blind faith to me and it is a case of how long do we wait for that first win. Fingers crossed it comes soon and we do kick on.  

He was. Also didn't the gaffer at Colchester offer his resignation last season and their chairman refused it and told him he has their full backing. They are having a pretty decent season thus far given relative expectations.

Dean Smith was on the brink at Walsall before Christmas too, couldn't buy a win for something like 16 games and lost about 11 of them. Young team, stuck at it, ended season almost in play-offs and they've had a decent start to this season too despite losing Grigg and Paterson in the summer.

The difference with all three of those clubs are they ain't lumbered by 'Big Club Syndrome' like we are. Not saying we ain't right to have expectations of doing better than we are but with the policy we've adopted what we're doing now ain't dissimilar to what all those teams had to go through i.e. giving young players a chance, letting them make mistakes etc. 

B'mouth's event was a change in manager.

And signing Pitman from a club where he was hardly getting a game! Not sure what our trigger will be, only to go on a winning run and very soon, as January seems a long way off. I don't think we have the time to wait until then for our Pitman, Madden or manager!

This I really believe is the case !

1 win will all it will take to turn the on field season around im sure of it

Whilst I genuinely hope this is the case, I don't believe it to be. We have already had 3 victories this season, one at a sellout home crowd, a great atmosphere, live on sky and against our local rivals. If these didn't give confidence and translate in to a run of victories, I struggle with the concept. Like I said, hope my pessimism is misplaced.

IMO the board won't sack SoD for several reasons. The main reason is simple - if he gets the sack, who on earth would want the job?

No decent manager would want to come to a club who have had a series of managers in recent years and have got zilch to spend on new players. The only applicants would be out of work no-hopers or, even worse, a young up and coming manager from Scotland

nonsense, managers would crawl through a barrel of broken glass to manage this club, its a win win for them.

Anyways, I think sacking Sod would be a big mistake, sticking by him, which 90% of fan are happy to do will prove fruitful in the long term. 

Me too too, just one result, just one game we get 3 pts and we will destroy this league

I get this feeling too think once that first win in the league comes I think a lot of the fear will go and with that the mistakes which are proving so costly will stop and we string a few results together.

Short version available at foot of topic ;)

The majority of us ( and by us I mean BCFC fans in general ) wanted SOD pre Mcinnes and maybe even pre Millen well we got our man didn't we.

And now some ( a growing group ) want him sacked, ok fine and what do we replace him with ? 

And of coarse if we do replace him the we end up right back at the start again not forgetting the financial impact of hiring and firing him and his team.

The club is in complete chaos IMO 

Lets start from the top shall we:

KD as a chairman, its a joke ok so he holds just over a 15% stake in the club, but i bet 90% of fans cant even tell you the colour of his hair, if he has any, or how old he is, what kind of persona does throw out. as much as people didn't like sexpot at least he was out and about and seemed involved, hell he even summonsed me to his office once for something i put on here. 

Perhaps KD does a lot more than i/others give him credit for but if we dont know whats going on then your doing nothing as far as we are concerned.

JL well after a good start and was seen a fair bit on TV and happy to do the odd interview he has now vanished, perhaps he has gone to live at dads house, I jest of coarse but come on Jon keep us informed of whats what, you ask for us to give up our Saturdays and our hard earned money then give something back !

DH another IMO that is AWOL

So with the above 3 at the helm we are not in a good position or seem to not be in a good position  as we dont know anything ! yet all the flack seems to fall at SOD's feet 

Im as pissed off as the next man at the lack of 3pts but hey ho im sure its coming, SOD for me is doing a good job, he has spent well, played some of our youth prospects, and got us starting to play attractive possession football, yes its not complete yet but getting there, bar an error at Vale we would have got our first 3pts but everyone makes mistakes, I suspect im making one right now by writing this ;)

Is it helpful that we moan and call for SOD's head after every game, no its not, dont you all think the bloke has enough on his plate already, i certainly do !

I have read the FP topic, and as per usual some of the above points were voiced and were returned with the standard response, of "we will improve our club v fans communication) yeah what ever heard it all before, proof is in the pudding etc etc

I also don't think Dave L should get as much abuse chucked at him either ( its been quite for a week now and rightly so, and good on everyone for leaving him alone at this horrid time for him) but please remember he is ONLY a go between for us to reach the club, we can suggest things but he alone cant change much, only tell those that can !

Anyway enough from me 

The short version 

The board is shit 

SOD should stay 

And lay off DL

Cheers

Mark

I still think this !

I agree and I've been saying this for a couple of weeks on here.

50 points is what we'll need to stay up and I've said this week, we need a minimum of 14 points from the next 10 games. I wouldn't go as far as saying 10 from the next 5 but if we are in a situation where it's impossible to get 14 from 10, say we have only 3 or 4 points from the next 7, like you, I'd expect a decision to be made.

And I still think this. Of course, it's 14 points from 9 games now.

Short version available at foot of topic ;)

The majority of us ( and by us I mean BCFC fans in general ) wanted SOD pre Mcinnes and maybe even pre Millen well we got our man didn't we.

And now some ( a growing group ) want him sacked, ok fine and what do we replace him with ? 

And of coarse if we do replace him the we end up right back at the start again not forgetting the financial impact of hiring and firing him and his team.

The club is in complete chaos IMO 

Lets start from the top shall we:

KD as a chairman, its a joke ok so he holds just over a 15% stake in the club, but i bet 90% of fans cant even tell you the colour of his hair, if he has any, or how old he is, what kind of persona does throw out. as much as people didn't like sexpot at least he was out and about and seemed involved, hell he even summonsed me to his office once for something i put on here. 

Perhaps KD does a lot more than i/others give him credit for but if we dont know whats going on then your doing nothing as far as we are concerned.

JL well after a good start and was seen a fair bit on TV and happy to do the odd interview he has now vanished, perhaps he has gone to live at dads house, I jest of coarse but come on Jon keep us informed of whats what, you ask for us to give up our Saturdays and our hard earned money then give something back !

DH another IMO that is AWOL

So with the above 3 at the helm we are not in a good position or seem to not be in a good position  as we dont know anything ! yet all the flack seems to fall at SOD's feet 

Im as pissed off as the next man at the lack of 3pts but hey ho im sure its coming, SOD for me is doing a good job, he has spent well, played some of our youth prospects, and got us starting to play attractive possession football, yes its not complete yet but getting there, bar an error at Vale we would have got our first 3pts but everyone makes mistakes, I suspect im making one right now by writing this ;)

Is it helpful that we moan and call for SOD's head after every game, no its not, dont you all think the bloke has enough on his plate already, i certainly do !

I have read the FP topic, and as per usual some of the above points were voiced and were returned with the standard response, of "we will improve our club v fans communication) yeah what ever heard it all before, proof is in the pudding etc etc

I also don't think Dave L should get as much abuse chucked at him either ( its been quite for a week now and rightly so, and good on everyone for leaving him alone at this horrid time for him) but please remember he is ONLY a go between for us to reach the club, we can suggest things but he alone cant change much, only tell those that can !

Anyway enough from me 

The short version 

The board is shit 

SOD should stay 

And lay off DL

Cheers

Mark

I agree with SOD and keeping him, you can't keep twisting, at some point you have to stick and play your hand.

But the stuff on the board always makes me smile. They have come out and said what the club is aiming to do, and you can see all over the forum people saying it's bullshit and mocking it as irrelevant to a successful football club...

What is the obsession with knowing what the board look like. It does not matter at all. They are there to run the commercial side of the club, and as up

set as some will be you don't have to be s "football man " to run a football club, or any other commercial sports business.. That side of things is all financial, rules, legal requirements, planning and budgeting...

I agree with SOD and keeping him, you can't keep twisting, at some point you have to stick and play your hand.

But the stuff on the board always makes me smile. They have come out and said what the club is aiming to do, and you can see all over the forum people saying it's bullshit and mocking it as irrelevant to a successful football club...

What is the obsession with knowing what the board look like. It does not matter at all. They are there to run the commercial side of the club, and as up

set as some will be you don't have to be s "football man " to run a football club, or any other commercial sports business.. That side of things is all financial, rules, legal requirements, planning and budgeting...

I agree. But they seem to be crap at that, too :(

Would you show your hand if you were holding crap cards though?

Archived