IGNORED

England V Poles Match Thread

Super

Would prefer jones over smalling, smalling has declined massively in the last year or so., the rest seems enough to beat a polish team with two decent players

I actually think Smalling is a better RB although not convinced. Certainly looks like an area we could get exposed though.

Smalling and Jones just aren't right backs.

I think that Milner would be the best choice of 3 poor choices.  He should play there anyhow - he's no creative midfielder.  However, his defensive game is excellent and is the reason why he has so many caps - with headless chickens for right backs, he has been a necessity there against the better sides. 

Poland have the best all round centre forward though, can see him making mince meat of or two centre halves, plus that . Get Blaszcykowski crossing and Poland will be dangerous (I know I missed the line through the 'L' in his name before and Polish Grammar Nazis get me)

Poland's Lewandowski and Dortmunds Lewandowski are poles apart (sorry). Just read he and Blaszcykowski do not get on at all with each other. In fact despise each other. A kind of Sheringham v Andrew Cole relationship.

Not sure about that. Doesn't look very convincing to me and will probably be out as soon as Sagna is back.

I think he's looked very solid and good going forward.  Better than Sagna I reckon who has looked a bit shaky at right-back.  Strangely, Sagna has looked better at centre-back when he's played their recently. 

I'd also have Jones at centre back instead of Jagielka. 

Polish Whistles louder than our anthem!? WTF!

Refreshing to know that it IS possible to create an atmosphere at Wembley.

How they manage it without a fat northern band I'll never know?

I don't usually do that hashtag thing but I'll make an exception in this case :

#drumsandtrumpetshaveruinedfootball

Archived