IGNORED

Who Next?

brad blit

This is an easy one - Paul Tisdale at Exeter City.

Very, very similar philosophy to SOD in terms of bringing through young players and playing a passing game. By and large he's done a very good job at Exeter on a limited budget and given additional resources at City he could be a success here in the future.

He would actually be my favourite (as in I think he would get the job) if the board do lose their nerve and sack SOD.

He has totally bought into the way Exeter wanted to do things ( or they have bought into his way).

Exeter have a fantastic youth set up and I have first hand experience of it.

They have bought several lads through over the last couple of years and look likely to bring a lot more through in the near future, they really do have some quality.

Whether Tisdale would want to leave Exeter to come to City is doubtful,( not that that is even on my agenda!) he has had offers from other clubs,but it seems he's more than happy where he is.

I think I'm right in saying that Exeter City is the only club run by the fans in this country? and it seems like they are a happy well run club.

Any manager who would crawl to Ashton Gate over broken glass just to feel the vitriol that is spouted on Otib.

We are ,don't forget ,a massive club.

We have who we want, when we want or ,failing that, the best of the rest when they're available .

Bristol is a big city with a lot of potential to have a very big club, that's all potential new managers need to look at. It is also a nice city to live in, close to London and easy to get down south to Devon/Cornwall

Bristol is a big city with a lot of potential to have a very big club, that's all potential new managers need to look at. It is also a nice city to live in, close to London and easy to get down south to Devon/Cornwall

All we need now is a decent football team and they will be queuing up :cool:  

I've lived in exeter for 20 plus years and love it, its developed alot in that time with good pubs / food and is a great place for coast and moors etc. could do with better gigs but hey hoh.

And i v much doubt Tisdale would leave exe for us - he has huge influence on the club and loves the area. He's already turned southampton down who he played for, so doubt that would be a pull. Crucially he was given lots of time, even when exe were desperate to get out the conference a few yrs back, which also means he has some loyalty to the club

Exeter is a fine city!

Peter Reid was my choice to kick some ar*se here before the Coppell appointment.

Believe he may be contracted to some Indian team that never played a game.

Nothing wrong with the age, experience, talent or finance at this club, just needs someone to put the fear of god in them!

Im all about gary johnson but paul tisdale has taken Exeter as far as they can go and deserves a chance elsewhere id be happy if we gave him a go

One day I would like PT, however if you was him would you leave Exeter where you run everything to go to a club like City that when the tough gets going out comes the axe?

Archived