IGNORED

Are We The New Crewe...?

spudski

Spudski's posts are becoming the equivalent of Pravda in the Soviet Union or maybe he's even the Joseph Goebbels of the OTIB forum.   ;)

Anyway there's a reference to another Steve Davis in that report so I'm hoping someone at some point will make reference to the snooker legend or even our similarly named erstwhile player. The forum expects...

Spudski's posts are becoming the equivalent of Pravda in the Soviet Union or maybe he's even the Joseph Goebbels of the OTIB forum.   ;)

Anyway there's a reference to another Steve Davis in that report so I'm hoping someone at some point will make reference to the snooker legend or even our similarly named erstwhile player. The forum expects...

There aren't enough references to Pravda on football forums these days, I find. Not that I'm an out-and-out lefty. I can play a bit more central and make my own decisions, thanks SoD.

There are enough references to Prada, however. Over-rated shoes, mine split after a week in the Mendips  they refused me a refund, cornuti di merda.

Thats what you want your club too be isit ? a football league acadmey for championship clubs, or do you want to be a championship club

I didn't say I wanted it, I'm selfish and would want to keep any good players for ourselves. I said I could see the benefits, look how Peterborough selling a player to Palace has boosted their income.

I think being in league one it's harder to hang on to your decent players as Championship clubs come sniffing. Decent players in the Championship don't tend get taken by Prem clubs unless they are that much more proven or extra special. In our (league one) position unless we look like we are ambitious and challenging for promotion clubs above us will naturally look more attractive to players who are on the rise. We either will have to change our position and potential or take it on board we will be selling players and hopefully finding more to either progress with or again sell.

Thats what you want your club too be isit ? a football league acadmey for championship clubs, or do you want to be a championship club

Actually, yes, I'd love to produce an academy player and sell him on for big bucks, this is why we're buying young players.. in the hope they succeed and some other club buys them for big cash

Actually, yes, I'd love to produce an academy player and sell him on for big bucks, this is why we're buying young players.. in the hope they succeed and some other club buys them for big cash

then what? buy another young gun not exp player, or buy an exp player which we could of done in the first place.

Younger squads that have been together longer. Its no coincidence reid and bryan hav been two of our best players this season as theyve both been here and playing together for years.

But aren't we playing a completely new type of football? How come those already here under previous regimes are adapting better than those brought in specifically for this brave new world? SOD and JL can't have it both ways.

You must have missed my posts about him, and the info given to me about him by a whole host of Swindon fans... even before we were interested in him. I think they summed him up quite well. Good in the air even if he is a bit of a 50p head. Awful passer. Slow. Needs a organiser organiser along side him. From what I have witnessed they have have got that spot on.

I wouldn't say he was an awful passer (port vale aside!) He is very slow though.

forget knocking flint,hes done ok so far.ive seen him win enough in the air already to know our goals against tally is less than would have been without him.

ok he looks a bit edgy on the ground but his team mates that cant win the ball in the air should be helping out there

Sounds like Flint either joined City with an underlying injury, or sustained one early on.

With the injury seemingly being 'managed' from game to game it's impossible to know whether we've seen anything like the best of him.

Perhaps he should have any necessary op. sooner rather than later - we can probably all remember how McCombe played through injury for several months during his final season before finally having an op. in the February/March.

It would be a shame if Flint ever suffered the same abuse, and loss of trust, from fans as McCombe did, simply by being determined not to let down his team mates and the club and continuing to play when not fully fit, and almost inevitably ending up putting in below par performances, and harming his reputation amongst the fans, as a result.

Archived