IGNORED

When Will Our Bloody Luck Change?

Robbored

I couldn't care less if he was Mother Theresa, he knew how to get this club to within 90 minutes of the premiership.

To say he served the worst football for a generation at this club is the type of small minded bollocks that has led us into the position we now find ourselves in.

That is the most ridiculous statement i have ever read on here...

I presume you're new here then?  ;) 

Unfortunately this mindset is quite common here. Rather rewrite history and drive this club further into the ground so long as they don't have to accept they were wrong.

Utter shite as per normal. I don't remember us being bottom of the 3rd division when GJ left.

I'll stop defending our best manager in 25 yrs when you lot stop rewriting history.

So Johnson didn't run out of ideas and completely lose the plot? Nor did he whack Sproule at half time at Argyle on a wet Tuesday night and get thrown out of the dressing room by other players?

What tinted colour glasses are you wearing?

Johnson got fired not just because he whacked Sproule, but also cos we looked every bit as much a relegation bet as we are this season. Your obsession with Johnson, is every bit as unhealthy as Robbored's dislike and attacks on him. Get over yourself.

Eh ?  Remind me of our league position when he got the boot, and hadn't we just beaten WBA who were top of the league ?

So Johnson didn't run out of ideas and completely lose the plot? Nor did he whack Sproule at half time at Argyle on a wet Tuesday night and get thrown out of the dressing room by other players?

What has whacking Sproule got to do with the success he had with us? should Ferguson of been sacked because he gave Beckham a slap or Brian Clough when he punched Roy Keane to the ground?  Why don't you just acknowledge & appreciate the great times Johnson gave us because it could be a long time before we see it again. 

Both you and I have no idea what was in Gary Johnson's head at the time and so your claim that he ran out of ideas or completely lost the plot is irrelevant (as would my response be to such a point).

Fact is we were mid-table in the Championship. We're now bottom of the 3rd division. To say his league performance is worse than ours now is just ridiculous.

Also I couldn't care less what he did to Sproule, you cannot have rebels in the dressing room. Basic rule of football management. All great managers know this.

He also led us very well for two seasons and is the best manager I've seen at City.

You are a very strange person and you never gave Johnson this backing when we were at the foot of league one. As I remember it you said we would get relegated if we stuck with him.

Didn't turn out that way did it? So I will probably take what you say now with a pinch of salt.

As for SOD it's hard to say if he should stay or go as we have his men here etc and I'm not to sure who else is out there.

How many games so far this season has the run of ball gone against City?

Last min penalty today. Stupid back pass to cost two points at Vale. Dominated in other games but just couldn't find the winner.

It's not all down to bad luck of course but it certainly has made a difference.

Luck dosen't come into it, from what people who were there are saying, Crewe were shit but we were shittier, 1 shot on target tells it's own story. Jesus even SOD in his post match ramble was talking about luck.

Hopefully people who were there will also confirm or deny what came across in commentary today, too many long aimless high balls to Baldock in fact the commentator said during the 2nd half "that ball was so high even Baldock didn't bother to jump".

That's right. I remember the play off season well. It seemed that every slice of good fortune went City's way for virtually the entire season. So many wins by the odd goal was remarkable.

I can't recall who City beat but I remember Millen coming out afterwards and said he had no idea how City had won the game. City had been outplayed for most of the game but nicked a 1-0.

You cant fluke 46 games a promotion the season before and a top 10 finish the next you personal hatered of johnsons personality or methods of WINNING show above your basles criticisms, in GARYS last year we lost Mcombe , Orr never played, elliott was injured , basso never played , mcindoes attitude stunk, that was the base of a team thats the explanation for the poor football and its ironic that the reason for basso and orrs exclusion was because they were demanding more money and gary refused HAHAH you johnson Haters

but of done this to death so wont carry on facts dont stick with those who have there minds made up

You cant fluke 46 games a promotion the season before and a top 10 finish the next you personal hatered of johnsons personality or methods of WINNING show above your basles criticisms, in GARYS last year we lost Mcombe , Orr never played, elliott was injured , basso never played , mcindoes attitude stunk, that was the base of a team thats the explanation for the poor football and its ironic that the reason for basso and orrs exclusion was because they were demanding more money and gary refused HAHAH you johnson Haters

but of done this to death so wont carry on facts dont stick with those who have there minds made up

Mate give him a break, of course we were lucky over 46 games because now he can use the same excuse for being unlucky in this seasons 46 games.

Johnson got fired not just because he whacked Sproule, but also cos we looked every bit as much a relegation bet as we are this season. Your obsession with Johnson, is every bit as unhealthy as Robbored's dislike and attacks on him. Get over yourself.

Dont let this comment stop your factual admiration for johnson

They refer to yeovil being bottom of the championship but they have no right to be in that league

Relegation bet we never dropped below 15th that year at our worst 7 points clear

we were bottom 4 every season after at from august to may 

You were a spoilt and ungreatfull fan and you like many others deserve this position

There is a small band of us that stuck by gary at that time less than the lot sticking by sean o drisscoll at the momment

he would of done us proud if left in charge

kept us up and back competing in the championship the next year  but will never no you got your way be happy

Someone on this thread mentioned the play-off season under johnson and that we were lucky that year, I don't see it like that at all.how many games did we win with goals in the last 10 mins or less?, quite a lot if my memory serves me well and this only happened because the manager threw the likes of mccombe forward late on and didnt try and defend the 1 point like SoD does.it seems a no brainer to me, take a chance and go for the extra 2 points or rely on holding out for a single point when weve proved were not very good at doing that already! Im talking mainly away games here and are we realistically going to win many of those if we continue with the current attitude to these fixtures.please don't say we went for it at coventry because that was just a reaction to being 3 goals down by half-time.

Utter shite as per normal. I don't remember us being bottom of the 3rd division when GJ left.

I'll stop defending our best manager in 25 yrs when you lot stop rewriting history.

Such a good manager he signed shit like Savage, Akinde, Lee Johnson, Adebola, Stern John, Patrick Agyemang...McCombe, Jevons, Gerkin could easily be on this list. Probably Noble, Sproule, and others too.

His team looked in the shit the season he got binned, and much to everyones surprise Millen saved it.

As to the re writing history shit you come up with. I didnt have a problem with his contribution till his last season in charge.

He didnt strengthen after the very lucky pray off season. and we went backwards, but hey people like you probably think that its someone elses fault Johnson ****** up.

Also tis funny his record at Peterboro & Northampton are shit doncha think.

Dont let this comment stop your factual admiration for johnson

They refer to yeovil being bottom of the championship but they have no right to be in that league

Relegation bet we never dropped below 15th that year at our worst 7 points clear

we were bottom 4 every season after at from august to may 

You were a spoilt and ungreatfull fan and you like many others deserve this position

There is a small band of us that stuck by

ggary at that time less than the lot sticking by sean o drisscoll at the momment

he would of done us proud if left in charge

kept us up and back competing in the championship the next year  but will never no you got your way be happy

Yawn Yawn Yawn Im a bigger super duper, ooper ubber fan than you yeah yeah yeah....we are not worthy to breathe the same ****** air as you. Sorry sir, we will go and write out 500 lines I must not slag the ****** messiah, he is perfect, he is pure, he is a winner, BCFC should have signed the cockney super hero for life, and anyone else who disagrees must be flogged daily. Oh and be re educated in the one true beleivers way.

UTTER UTTER BOLLOCKS... I have supported this club for almost thirty years and I never never heard such hero worshipping twaddle in any of those years. You Johnson groupies have never ever got over the way YOUR hero was got rid of, of which he contributed to his own demise significantly, and have a major, major contribution to the poisonous atmosphere which is currently damaging the atmosphere at this club.

I didnt then, dont now, or will ever give a flying **** who's in charge, as long as they are doing the business. GJ, Coput, Millen, McInnes didnt, and now O Driscoll aint. Given and will give any manager, regardless of reputation stick if they deserve it, and praise if they deserve that too. Of which let it be clearly said GJ deserves plenty for his first full, second and third seasons in charge. After that it started stagnating, then going backward.

As for the best manager(s) this club has ever had, well that will be Alan Dicks and Joe Jordan in his first spell in charge. Dicks got us there, GJ didnt.

If tht aint to your liking, tough..night now, sleep well in your Johnson wonderland.

Yawn Yawn Yawn Im a bigger fan than you yeah yeah yeah....I am not worthy to breathe the same ****** air as you. Sorrry sir, I will go and write out 500 lines I must not slag the ****** messiah, he is perfect, he is pure, he is a winner, BCFC should have signed the cockney super hero for life, and anyone else who disagrees must be flooged daily.

UTTER UTTER BOLLOCKS...supported this club for almost thirty years and I never never heard such hero worshipping twaddle in any of those years. You Johnson groupies have never ever got over the way YOUR hero was got rid of, and have significantly contributed to the poisonous atmosphere which poisons this club.

I didnt then, dont now, or will ever give a **** who's in charge, as long as they are doing the business. He, Coput, Millen, McInnes, and now O Driscoll aint. Gave and will give any manager, regardless of reputation stick if they deserve it

The best manager this club has ever had are Alan Dicks and Joe Jordan's first spell in charge in any case.

If tht aint to your liking, tough..night now, sleep well in your Johnson wonderland

Johnson says stop talkin shite , stop talkin shite , stop talkin shite  :chant6ez:

How many games so far this season has the run of ball gone against City?

Last min penalty today. Stupid back pass to cost two points at Vale. Dominated in other games but just couldn't find the winner.

It's not all down to bad luck of course but it certainly has made a difference.

Luck?..don't give them this excuse.you make your own or don't as the case may be,that goes in life.Were bottom for many reasons so don't be kidding yourself were unlucky.delusion won't aid recovery.

You said it pal, take yer own advice now. Go bounce around the ground, bounce around the ground bounce around the ground...

Well,Mr Robbored has his own personal reason/s for his rabid hate of Gary Johnson-as quoted on here previously by others witness to "events".wonder what cause of such a bitter taste raises your bile???...

... in GARYS last year we lost Mcombe , Orr never played, elliott was injured , basso never played , mcindoes attitude stunk, that was the base of a team thats the explanation for the poor football and its ironic that the reason for basso and orrs exclusion was because they were demanding more money and gary refused HAHAH you johnson Haters

You are wrong on the reasons for Orr and Basso not playing. Orr in particular had done nothing wrong he was willing to play and wanted to play but Johnson wouldn't play him because he wouldn't sign a new contract. GJ in fact talked SL into handing out over lucrative contracts to the wrong players - McCallister, Johnson, spring to mind - but threw his toys out the pram when better players thought they could advance their careers elsewhere.

GJ lost the plot particularly in that last season - but the fact remains he did a fantastic job overall in his first 3 seasons.

As for the OP - never known somebody back the wrong horse so many times.

Someone on this thread mentioned the play-off season under johnson and that we were lucky that year, I don't see it like that at all.how many games did we win with goals in the last 10 mins or less?, quite a lot if my memory serves me well and this only happened because the manager threw the likes of mccombe forward late on and didnt try and defend the 1 point like SoD does.it seems a no brainer to me, take a chance and go for the extra 2 points or rely on holding out for a single point when weve proved were not very good at doing that already! Im talking mainly away games here and are we realistically going to win many of those if we continue with the current attitude to these fixtures.please don't say we went for it at coventry because that was just a reaction to being 3 goals down by half-time.

It's interesting that we have conceded so many last minute goals with SOD in charge and his philosophy is not to make the players run too hard in preseason.Could it be that our lads lack the level of fitness to perform for the 90 minutes + that's needed.

Johnson's preseasons were not the same .

There you go ,I've just saved our season. Now, world peace ... :smartass:

You are completely deluded and bordering on becoming a caricature. Even Michael Gove talks more sense..........

The point (which you missed) being that we will never know whether Millen would have been a success. My guess is that he would have been. Your view is obviously different.

Archived