IGNORED

Bristol Restaurants

Club and Country

Anyone know any gems up glos road? A place I rarely venture to but looking to start

Casa mexicana on the bottom of zetland road near the arches is immense.

I think it was voted in top 5 Mexican places in the uk

large portions, but cooked really well. I belive the cocktails are meant to be cracking also but ive always had a beer

Casa mexicana on the bottom of zetland road near the arches is immense.

I think it was voted in top 5 Mexican places in the uk

large portions, but cooked really well. I belive the cocktails are meant to be cracking also but ive always had a beer

It was in a Guardian award thing (second nationally IIRC) about ten years ago.  It's pretty good but it's not moved on much since then.

The Plantation was OK a few years ago for a bit of caribbean food.

Juniper which I mentioned above is a short walk up Cotham Hill off the Gloucester Road.

Robbo - I meant the one in Chew.  It's exceptional food without the pretentiousness that usually accompanies a michelin star, and with very good prices too.

Kookoo higher up the Glos Rd opposite the Queen Vic. Persian cookery at its best. BYO, but there's an offie a few doors down.

The food in the Royal Oak is pretty good, too.

Really, there's so many to choose from that it's a difficult job to sort out the best.

At the other end of the scale, the International is good for basic British nosh, which is odd, considering it's run by Turks. It'd be like me opening a kebab house in Istanbul, but it does things like bubble and squeak and apple crumble that you simply don't get in other restaurants.

Casamia in W-O-T if you're lucky enough to get a table. Cotes brassiere in Clifton Village. Lal Jomi in Redland is a very good Indian restaurant. The Thai Garden on West Street, Bedminster I find really good. The Robin Hood (Gloucester rd) and the Kensington Arms (Redland) do really good Sunday roasts. Prego in Henleaze is a decent Italian. I've heard Turtle Bay on the centre is pretty decent but I've yet to check it out.

Not somewhere flash but has anybody ever been to Atomic Burger on Glos Road? I've heard the burgers are unbelievable!!

Went there a few weeks back.

I'd go again, a good variety of burgers and you can customise/make your own.

I recommend the 'Trailer Park Fires' on the side with an Oreo milkshake.

It is a tad pricey though, but freshly prepared. A cheaper and similar alternative is The Hobgoblin Pub on Glos Road. Eaten in both and not really any difference, bar the novelty memorabilia around Atomic's interior.

Both have a fatty burger challenge.

Prosecco in Clifton Village is nice.

Casa Mexicana (as mentioned).

Enjoyed Graze Chophouse.

Taj Brasserie in Winterbourne for best Indian food.

• Admin

Blue Ginger in Whitchurch is really good Indian (Bengal) food, its a BYO, with no corkage charge. For a bit more ambience, they have opened a licensed place in Saltford, called Golden Moments, both places serve some not so familiar dishes and the family that run them are really friendly.

Not somewhere flash but has anybody ever been to Atomic Burger on Glos Road? I've heard the burgers are unbelievable!!

Very good indeed. I fancied a burger, and the decor nearly put me off. Glad it didn't - excellent burgers and really good bottomless cup of coffee.

Juniper which I mentioned above is a short walk up Cotham Hill off the Gloucester Road.

I was a big fan of Juniper but a little disappointed on last visit. It's generally very good though and portions are generous.

Wilks is different class though and well deserved on their recent Michelin star.

Cherry Duck down on Welsh back is good.

Coronation Cafe and The Old Bookshop are two good ones in Bemi.

Fishers is a quality seafood place up in Clifton Village, much better than Loch Fyne whoever said that.

I would avoid Goldbrick and Bordeaux Quay personally both overpriced and fairly average IMO.

Has anyone been to Mehula, new Indian on Park St??

I would avoid Goldbrick and Bordeaux Quay personally both overpriced and fairly average IMO.

Should have pointed out they do fairly regular offers if you follow them or are on the mailing list. Goldbrick in particular do a half price food night at short notice quite often.

I've had much better than average food in both personally but your mileage may vary.

Should have pointed out they do fairly regular offers if you follow them or are on the mailing list. Goldbrick in particular do a half price food night at short notice quite often.

I've had much better than average food in both personally but your mileage may vary.

I've had 3 cracking meals in Goldbrick house, never been disappointed.

Archived