IGNORED

Anti N I M B Y Petition

Aizoon

i supported your bid for ashton vale i know of plenty of gas that did , but its always the idiots who shout loudest that get noticed (hence you remember the ones who mocked AV) , Bristol needs new modern facilities for sports, music ect and whilst these greens/nimbys are around shouting out the loudest and using any trick they can the only way they can be beaten is by us the public that want new stadiums and better facilities for gigs ect to shout back louder and in bigger numbers so to speak.

the alternative is to sit back and see our sports clubs slowly fall further and further behind every other town/city's and continue to have to travel to Wales, Birmingham or London to see bands/shows/gigs.

one of the green numpties is even saying rovers and city should merge and play at uwe 

You can bet some green nimby will soon be fighting your planned ashton gate upgrade for no reason other than they are against progress 

And when your chairman had the chance to make a real statement with his backing for Bristols World Cup bid, it all went very quiet. Like I say, you reap what you sow.

And when your chairman had the chance to make a real statement with his backing for Bristols World Cup bid, it all went very quiet. Like I say, you reap what you sow.

If it's cliche time, united we stand, divided we fall. If we don't fight the NIMBYs together, they'll have us for breakfast.

Charlotte Leslie, a Tory MP (ugh, I feel dirty ;) ) has started a petition against the NIMBY attempt to block the Gas (ugh, I feel even dirtier ;) ) move to UWE.

If you all hate NIMBY's, :clap:  and sign this http://bristolsnottrash.bristolpetitions.com/

They are culling the badgers of which there are way too many and are seriously harming the hedgehog population. A vote for the Tory's is a vote for hedgehogs (please note I am not endorsing the Tory's in any way)

i supported your bid for ashton vale i know of plenty of gas that did , but its always the idiots who shout loudest that get noticed (hence you remember the ones who mocked AV) , Bristol needs new modern facilities for sports, music ect and whilst these greens/nimbys are around shouting out the loudest and using any trick they can the only way they can be beaten is by us the public that want new stadiums and better facilities for gigs ect to shout back louder and in bigger numbers so to speak.

the alternative is to sit back and see our sports clubs slowly fall further and further behind every other town/city's and continue to have to travel to Wales, Birmingham or London to see bands/shows/gigs.

one of the green numpties is even saying rovers and city should merge and play at uwe 

You can bet some green nimby will soon be fighting your planned ashton gate upgrade for no reason other than they are against progress

Thomas......you were always behind our bid for a new stadium. It is such a shame that your club were never interested in supporting Ashton vale when every other sports club in bristol and surrounding areas did. If the roles were reversed and it was rovers hoping to bring World Cup football to bristol with a new stadium I would have hoped the city board would have backed it. For that reason I think support at bcfc will naturally be low for the uwe development although I do hope it gets built.

You about for a beverage or two? Been quite a while?!!

Thomas......you were always behind our bid for a new stadium. It is such a shame that your club were never interested in supporting Ashton vale when every other sports club in bristol and surrounding areas did. If the roles were reversed and it was rovers hoping to bring World Cup football to bristol with a new stadium I would have hoped the city board would have backed it. For that reason I think support at bcfc will naturally be low for the uwe development although I do hope it gets built.

You about for a beverage or two? Been quite a while?!!

you know im no fan of our chairman and board  (the feelings mutual i believe) the world cup bid was a red herring anyway , was never gonna come to England and unlikely to come to Bristol (just a well spotted chance for extra support by landsdown) ( if it did id have no intrest in Morroco v New Zealand! or similer) but that was a side issue , Bristol Needs stadiums and gig venues and for that resaon everyone should back any bid for new things in Bristol.

As for a beer mate , will have to sort something soon , im leaving Portishead for a new House  This week (by The furture UWE Stad!(if it ever gets built)

Havent been to Nailsea for a long while but am due over in November  ( otherwise town sometime!) , ill let you know nearer the time mush!

our chairman/owner is a fool!! most football chairman are , i believe your owner made a statement as AV was given PP saying people will forget Bristol Rovers we will never hear from them in the future! ... another fool!

Rovers and city need new stadia to continue at a reasonable level and Bristol Desperatley needs an Arena wont happen whilst we are fighting ech other and backing the nimbys for petty reasons

I hate all NIMBYism and don't particulary begrudge The Gas a new stadium, but I'm not signing a petition to support building a supermarket on a war memorial. I know it's only the gate that is a registered monument, but the history and original purpose of that ground should be remembered

i believe your owner made a statement as AV was given PP saying people will forget Bristol Rovers we will never hear from them in the future! ... another fool!

When you say "I believe" does that mean you don't actually know if he said that or even the context in which anything similar was said?

I ask because over the years I've heard so many different versions of this speech from butthurt Gasheads.

Thanks, Dolly. Exactly the point I was making.

Actually, the point is just because you don't get the outcome you want it doesn't make the so called NIMBYS wrong. Each appllication needs to follow due process, and if in either case it is found not to be suitable after that process, then it is up to us or the gas to find a suitbale site.

Thank goodness in this country we are able to listen to a process and decide an outcome, it could be the 'NIMBY'S' have a case in both sites.

You honestly think the NIMBYs won't obstruct that?

As with every planning application there is a process for objection so you probably will get an obstruction along the way, yes. However,if we can't get a stadium from the AG site with minimum 25,000 seats and a few corporate boxes then we need a new planning consultant and architect, or both!

When you say "I believe" does that mean you don't actually know if he said that or even the context in which anything similar was said?

I ask because over the years I've heard so many different versions of this speech from butthurt Gasheads.

not sure of the exact layout of the words but that was very much what was said, it was vavilable on you tube but i cant access it at work so will have a look around later, as i say most chairman are fools, another of yours was The Bros keyboard player who mentioned European football for Bristol City... dont hink he meant friendlys maybe he thought the anglo italian wouuld still be going!

not sure of the exact layout of the words but that was very much what was said, it was vavilable on you tube but i cant access it at work so will have a look around later

I've never heard this speech so if its on YouTube I can go and watch it on there.

If it was purely a dig at the Gas and you lot are still crying about 4 years later then I've got to say....top banter Steve, well done!

Oh they were falling about themselves to back the World Cup bid for Bristol weren't they. That club never backed our stadium, most fell about laughing, you reap what you sow.

As I've said before, Rovers never publically declared support OR opposition on AV (an application which, had it been built by now could effectively kill the club - we are vying for the same new customers after all).

They remained silent on the matter, which is no different to City and their public position on the UWE Stadium application and all other Rovers planning applications for either new stadia or expansions of the Mem (including those pre-dating AV). 

Why would either club publically support an application which would harm the interests of the other?  Think about it.

As fans however, we are both impacted by petty-minded nimbyism - which is why I have publically stated on here and elsewhere that I hope you get your new stadium (AV or revamped AG) as long as we get ours too.  

As I've said before, Rovers never publically declared support OR opposition on AV (an application which, had it been built by now could effectively kill the club - we are vying for the same new customers after all).

They remained silent on the matter, which is no different to City and their public position on the UWE Stadium application and all other Rovers planning applications for either new stadia or expansions of the Mem (including those pre-dating AV). 

Why would either club publically support an application which would harm the interests of the other?  Think about it.

As fans however, we are both impacted by petty-minded nimbyism - which is why I have publically stated on here and elsewhere that I hope you get your new stadium (AV or revamped AG) as long as we get ours too.  

Daniel me old mucker long time no speak. You must be setting off in a minute for your massive 6 pointer tonight. Give plenty of time that M6 is a nightmare.

Daniel me old mucker long time no speak. You must be setting off in a minute for your massive 6 pointer tonight. Give plenty of time that M6 is a nightmare.

Ha ha you jest but I will indeed be there tonight!  And you're right it's a huge 6 pointer already  :clapping:

I think you lot will do Brentford over tonight too, surely you can't go yet another game without a win (but SO'D is SO intelligent, hey?) :ph34r:  :thumbsup:

Ha ha you jest but I will indeed be there tonight!  And you're right it's a huge 6 pointer already  :clapping:

I think you lot will do Brentford over tonight too, surely you can't go yet another game without a win (but SO'D is SO intelligent, hey?) :ph34r:  :thumbsup:

Blimey i'm in shock you that are actually going to a game. Don't forget you play in blue.   :thumbsup:

We all despise nimbys don't we? So anyone who has decided that bs7 nimbys are different than bs3 ones is a ******* hypocrite and more than likely don't bother voting at election time which is why these loony green do gooders get in positions of power in the first place.ive signed the petition because I want rid of minority groups that will stick theiroar in to anything that they believe will raise their own profile and use it for their own ends.its a joke when they claim they do things with the backing of the majority of the electorate who voted them in when in reality 3 out of 4 are so apathetic they see no reason to bother voting at all.use your vote and do everything you can to stop these lunatics from running the asylum.

We all despise nimbys don't we? So anyone who has decided that bs7 nimbys are different than bs3 ones is a ******* hypocrite and more than likely don't bother voting at election time which is why these loony green do gooders get in positions of power in the first place.ive signed the petition because I want rid of minority groups that will stick theiroar in to anything that they believe will raise their own profile and use it for their own ends.its a joke when they claim they do things with the backing of the majority of the electorate who voted them in when in reality 3 out of 4 are so apathetic they see no reason to bother voting at all.use your vote and do everything you can to stop these lunatics from running the asylum.

I support the Gash's battle to get a new stadium but there IS a big difference between both sets of Nimbys. People who object to a new supermarket have a point, even if you disagree with them, there are too many bloody supermarkets as it is. Folk trying to con outsiders that a disused landfill site behind an industrial estate is some sort of bucolic paradise and is, in fact, a 'town green' is another whole layer of NIMBYism.

Blimey i'm in shock you that are actually going to a game. Don't forget you play in blue.   :thumbsup:

3rd game of the season tonight .. 2 home, tonight is first away.  As I've said previously when I CAN go I try to. 

I reckon that's 3 more than the number of City games that many many people who post on OTIB have been to this season! :thumbsup:  

Anyway, gotta go, leaving in 5 mins! 

Archived