IGNORED

Anti N I M B Y Petition

Aizoon

Rovers as a club and fans gave us absolutely no support whatsoever in support of the stadium at Ashto Vale.

In fact quite the opposite most Rovers fans were very very anti Ashton Vale.Tgey sign petitions and wrote letters and was very much part of the anti stadium campaign.

Any City fan who signs this petition by this Tory MP is stabbing Bristol City in the back.

Rovers as a club and fans gave us absolutely no support whatsoever in support of the stadium at Ashto Vale.

In fact quite the opposite most Rovers fans were very very anti Ashton Vale.Tgey sign petitions and wrote letters and was very much part of the anti stadium campaign.

Any City fan who signs this petition by this Tory MP is stabbing Bristol City in the back.

Could not care less about the tit for tat they didn't support us blah blah blah.

Our club has (imo shamefully) lost the bottle for the fight (seemingly). If someone doesn't take on the NIMBY's they will ensure Bristol remains on the periphery.

As much as I detest what Rovers are doing in selling a war memorial, it is a battle against NIMBYism which I will back. Just a shame it has to be in favour of the Rovers.

If some/many of the blue few and the club itself could not put rivalry beside for battle against those stopping much needed development in Bristol and the greater area then that shows how small minded they are. Won't make me shy away from a battle which ultimately, I hope, will be for the benefit of Bristol.

With sick in my mouth I signed it. Choosing between the NIMBYs and the Gas is like choosing between a punch in the face or a kick to the Bollocks.  I chose the punch to the face so I still have the chance of reproducing a stadium of our own (thats a reference to keeping my reproductive organs intact)

I supported AV, as did quite a lot of other sensible Rovers fans. I think it's just that those in opposition of something tend to make more noise about it, so that's what sticks in the memory.

Bristol and the surrounding areas should have the chance to support two successful football league teams in new stadiums. I'm fed up of seeing Cardiff's economy boosted by the concerts etc which are held there on a regular basis.

i supported your bid for ashton vale i know of plenty of gas that did , but its always the idiots who shout loudest that get noticed (hence you remember the ones who mocked AV) , Bristol needs new modern facilities for sports, music ect and whilst these greens/nimbys are around shouting out the loudest and using any trick they can the only way they can be beaten is by us the public that want new stadiums and better facilities for gigs ect to shout back louder and in bigger numbers so to speak.

the alternative is to sit back and see our sports clubs slowly fall further and further behind every other town/city's and continue to have to travel to Wales, Birmingham or London to see bands/shows/gigs.

one of the green numpties is even saying rovers and city should merge and play at uwe 

You can bet some green nimby will soon be fighting your planned ashton gate upgrade for no reason other than they are against progress 

Archived