IGNORED

Am I The Only One Who

Bristol Rob

Unfortunately the way the forum is, we could dominate tomorrow and even win (yes I said it) and people will complain about the performance/should have scored more etc

Quite agree. I'd also wager assuming a fully fit squad, if SO'D had started every game with Taylor and Harewood up front and just lumped it forward we'd have won by now.

But that isn't the collective vision nor is it the style of football I want to watch.

I have only watched the home games and they haven't been that bad, Posh aside. I am still optimistic that we can turn these draws into wins sooner rather than later.

I had a self inflicted 18 months off from watching us play because I could no longer watch such negative crap from players that were earning fortunes, I am quite refreshed after this break, I'm willing to see these younger players fail as long as the effort is there, they have played some decent stuff at times, good times are around the corner.

I have only watched the home games and they haven't been that bad, Posh aside. I am still optimistic that we can turn these draws into wins sooner rather than later.

I had a self inflicted 18 months off from watching us play because I could no longer watch such negative crap from players that were earning fortunes, I am quite refreshed after this break, I'm willing to see these younger players fail as long as the effort is there, they have played some decent stuff at times, good times are around the corner.

Shrewsbury was shocking as well I thought.

What a nice thread for a change. I agree with all the comments above! COYR

For all the things people are moaning about at the moment, the only things that have any real merit in terms of complaint are the lack of wins and our league position, however I think both will improve with patience and support.

The debt the club owes to one uber wealthy individual shouldn't be any more significant because of our league position, but to some it is. The choice of new shirt isn't significant unless you are bottom either.

Put me down....... no not like that, I still have the belief that things will all change for the better soon for BCFC and not just our luck.

Still think despite the opinion of others that SOD will be the man to do it.

UP THE CITY!

It's been dire if the bigger picture was not improving but it is and a few good results for us could & will make a massive difference.

I said the same thing and said the missing ingredient was just that little bit of good fortune. I got a right slagging.

Glad some others agree.

I agree in a sense but I disagree with the good fortune bit. 20 games without a win (almost half a season) is not down to bad luck.

The problem with this team in my opinion is it lacks winning mentality, and has done for a good few years.

Winners win, performers perform. You guess what we are.

I'm sticking with this lot Glos, no matter what. Swansea had a plan and it nearly cost them their football league place, they held their nerve and stuck with the plan, look at them now. That may or may not happen to us but we are well versed in the alternative way.

The alternative way, well, we know what that is, sack a manager and spent a shit load of money on the players he wants, repeat this cycle for the next 20 years.

My guess is we are very unfortunate to have supporters that seem incapable of understanding what a long term sustainable vision is for the club.

This is what frustrates me. You think our current run (the worst in our history) is acceptable because of this ******* transition?!

I'm all for a bit of patience and I don't expect us to be world beaters over night (lower mid table would do me) but ffs this current winless streak is a disgrace.

If Millen or Del were on a run like this they would be burned at the stake by the same people in here who constantly defend SOD.

We've been fed bullshit for years about this club changing for the better and we've only gone one way since! Perhaps I'll look silly saying this but personally I think those who believe this long term five pillar BS has any real substance are being naive.

And for what it's worth I don't think sacking him is the answer, the problem is much more deep rooted than that.

I agree Rob - and thats based on having seen a number of the away performances too

Glad I'm not the only one who has yet to give up hope.

Granted, I reserve the right to change my position, but I don't think now is time to be down when performances have been reasonably encouraging.

It's not the alternative way. The actual alternative way is to change the head coach and try someone else without the money spending. SCMP and loads of debt means it wont happen.. However, pro SO'D'ers dont realise that this IS the alternative rather than promoting fear strewn posts that EVERYTHING will change if he goes.

He isnt integral to the system, please, understand that SO'D has said that himself.

I'm well aware of that Ralph, the point I am making is we haven't given this way a try, we have done the sacking the manager method many times over, our only recent success was Gary Johnson who we gave time for him to get it right on the pitch but behind the scenes it was as you were.

O'Driscoll has been given the task to change the club for the long term, this wont be accomplished in less than a season or two. I understand perfectly well what O'Driscolls role is and how the club are trying to operate, you unfortunately don't have the stomach to see it through for more than a few months. Try thinking a little longer ahead, results will be bang average for a few seasons yet.

It's not the alternative way. The actual alternative way is to change the head coach and try someone else without the money spending. SCMP and loads of debt means it wont happen.. However, pro SO'D'ers dont realise that this IS the alternative rather than promoting fear strewn posts that EVERYTHING will change if he goes.

He isnt integral to the system, please, understand that SO'D has said that himself.

Isn't that refreshing to see in a manager - no ego and a clear understanding that he is completely vulnerable and nit caught up in his own hype?I think he also totally understands the constraints he is working under but he has bought into that and set out what his plans are and how they will be achieved. I am not sure many managers would touch us given recent job security the post has and the financial limitations needed. Stick with SOD.

Archived