IGNORED

Palarse

Jon atyeo is my dad

Was very interesting listening to Neville and Carragher about how they compare two teams playing style, Southampton and sunderland

Southampton press teams high up the pitch with 2 or 3 players getting really close to the ball, not at home but also away, going to places like old Trafford and anfield and playing that kind of pressing style..they drew at OT 1-1 and are 4th in the league

Then you have sunderland, a team in absolute freefell, they showed the first 15 seconds of the game against Swansea, they didn't press at all they were slow to the ball and lethargic and quite frankly disinterested they lost 4-0 and they're bottom of the league..

I'll be looking out to see how our players react to the first few minutes when Brentford have the ball, because as carragher said pressing the team early on can really set a really good tempo for the whole game.

Was very interesting listening to Neville and Carragher about how they compare two teams playing style, Southampton and sunderland

Southampton press teams high up the pitch with 2 or 3 players getting really close to the ball, not at home but also away, going to places like old Trafford and anfield and playing that kind of pressing style..they drew at OT 1-1 and are 4th in the league

Then you have sunderland, a team in absolute freefell, they showed the first 15 seconds of the game against Swansea, they didn't press at all they were slow to the ball and lethargic and quite frankly disinterested they lost 4-0 and they're bottom of the league..

I'll be looking out to see how our players react to the first few minutes when Brentford have the ball, because as carragher said pressing the team early on can really set a really good tempo for the whole game.

I can't see JET pressing anyone... he probably still gets his mum to do his ironing for him too ;-)

On a more serious note... pressing high up the field is something I've always been an advocate of... it needs a team to be fit as a fiddle though.

I can't see JET pressing anyone... he probably still gets his mum to do his ironing for him too ;-)

On a more serious note... pressing high up the field is something I've always been an advocate of... it needs a team to be fit as a fiddle though.

Pressing the opposition centre half's when they have the ball ( especially in league 1) would be a must for me. Even the (so called)best centre half's in this country aren't the most comfortable on the ball.

In other news

Palarse

Like um or not great atmosphere in selhurst and bolasie looking bang up for it.

I do wonder with Sky Sports (when the cover Premier league games and not lower divisions) whether they have more microphones dotted around the ground?

I say this because I've been to some of these grounds where the atmosphere is meant to be mental, and it's so quiet you can hear a pin drop.

I'm not saying Palarse did or didn't make an atmosphere tonight (as I haven't watched the game), but I do have a sneaky suspicion that Sky may try to endorse the sound a little more!

I do wonder with Sky Sports (when the cover Premier league games and not lower divisions) whether they have more microphones dotted around the ground?

I say this because I've been to some of these grounds where the atmosphere is meant to be mental, and it's so quiet you can hear a pin drop.

I'm not saying Palarse did or didn't make an atmosphere tonight (as I haven't watched the game), but I do have a sneaky suspicion that Sky may try to endorse the sound a little more!

They sure do, they often use a sort of backing track ( I don't know what the technical term is!).

I was watching some rugby on sky when the picture and sound from the ground was lost, but, the backing track of crowd noise they use was still there to be heard!

Archived