IGNORED

Baldock Doesn't Fit In

NVMal

Many of us believed Baldock would score a hatful in League One, but he's not.

He cannot play the lone striker role. It's not his fault, he's not that type of player but i don't think he won one header tonight.

Play Taylor or Harewood alongside him and get a couple of wingers on the pitch and he will get chances, chances which he will take.

This is SODs fault, why has he not identified this very obvious shortcoming (no pun intended).

Stick him up top with Taylor. To be fair to Baldock he is too isolated at the moment but also just isn't a captain. Fonts was more of a leader!

People shouldn't be fooled by Harewood scoring tonight. He's absolutely woeful and my patience has finally run out with him. He offers absolutely nothing.

If the team instead of trying to plonk the ball on his head from forty yards tried playing it behind the defence or into the channels he would be OK.. How the hell is he supposed to rise and beat two CBs.. They must have played that ball fifteen plus times with no success..

Just got back to London.

Had my Brentford work colleague in the car on the way back - to be fair he didn't say too much and slept a fair bit

BUT, one comment that resonates

"Out of interest why do you play Sam Baldock up front on his own at home? He's about 5 foot nothing, has little pace so he's completely wasted. You could see it from the away end why you don't seem to be scoring many lately..."

Not much to say to that is there????

He cannot play the lone striker role. It's not his fault, he's not that type of player but i don't think he won one header tonight.

Play Taylor or Harewood alongside him and get a couple of wingers on the pitch and he will get chances, chances which he will take.

This is SODs fault, why has he not identified this very obvious shortcoming (no pun intended).

This times a million. 

SOD's past record means nothing. He's lost it.

JET is a luxury we cannot afford - seemed desperate not to do any running and stay as far away from the ball as possible - what's happened to the great partnership he and Baldock formed at the start of the season? The problem is JET in my opinion

JET was woeful last night and still living off his wonder goal against the Gash - done his bit!

JET is a luxury we cannot afford - seemed desperate not to do any running and stay as far away from the ball as possible - what's happened to the great partnership he and Baldock formed at the start of the season? The problem is JET in my opinion

Agree.

It's a real tough one as I rate JET massively and on his day he's a match winner. But at this moment in time he really is a luxury we can't afford. We need all hands to the pumps and back to basics. Taylor and Baldock up top for me. I personally would drop Baldock if we had someone else but we don't.

It needs a bold decision with this one I'm afraid.

Baldock isn't the problem the problem is the tactics and the lumping 40 yard balls at him, JeT needs to be dropped yes the best player on his day but he hasn't performed for 4 or 5 games now,

Please someopne tell me why of why when we get to the byline we don't drill the odd cross in? why when we are defending a free kick with have 11 men behind the ball and no one to try and break?,

We are set up to draw 0-0 we are scared of teams sorry the head coach has to go the players play like they've just been picked for a game on the quad at lunch time not a team of highly paid pro's

Possession and ball retention are good but whats the ******* point if you are not going to create chances with it,

Fans are frustrated and for all the atmoshpere the EE tried to create there was no reaction from ether the bench or the squad it won't be too long before fans vote with their feet,

Get rid before its too late

Completely agreed, but as I've said in another thread, the problem is that accommodating JET is forcing Baldock into his present unsuccessful role.  Get Taylor in and develop him and Baldock as a partnership.

I agree with most comments on here regarding JET not the best partnership for Baldock.

Would we off played Bob Taylor like this? No he fed of Robbie Turner battering their defenders, Taylor looked better on Saturday alongside Baldock so we put Harewood on last night. I just didn't get it yes he scored but why praise Taylor and then don't play him?

At the moment we need players to fight tooth and nail for the ball JET doesn't have that fight in him, this is probably why he's here and not playing where everyone said he ought to be a few weeks ago.

I agree with most comments on here regarding JET not the best partnership for Baldock.

Would we off played Bob Taylor like this? No he fed of Robbie Turner battering their defenders, Taylor looked better on Saturday alongside Baldock so we put Harewood on last night. I just didn't get it yes he scored but why praise Taylor and then don't play him?

At the moment we need players to fight tooth and nail for the ball JET doesn't have that fight in him, this is probably why he's here and not playing where everyone said he ought to be a few weeks ago.

Pretty much what I said in another thread. I wasn't at Crewe but people said we only looked a goal threat when Taylor came on, so why give him zero playing time tonight when we weren't looking like scoring but had all the ball in the first half. They had a dodgy keeper who looked very unconfident and we didn't test him at all. Shocking tactics by us.

Taylor not good enough Harewood too old and past it.need a "proper target man with the physical attributes to match and give Baldock a chance.

Taylor not good enough Harewood too old and past it.need a "proper target man with the physical attributes to match and give Baldock a chance.

We're at the bottom of League 2 now though, Harewood & Taylor will be good enough if they're given a chance to play more than 10 mins at the end of the game.

If it's JET & Baldock starting the next game and they do nothing again, I'll firmly change my stance to SOD out. He can't keep telling us how many positives they were until they scored. Occasionally, we're going to need to score, that is the name of the game after all.

I've had enough of Baldock. All he does is run around like a headless chicken, get out-muscled on the ball, or be rapid for the first 5 yards then get caught by the average speed CB about 4 seconds later.

Must admit my patience is running out with regards to Baldock. Fair enough getting the ball lumped up to you when you're 5'7 isn't ideal but it's all the other stuff. His touch has been poor, decision making poor and he has been far too wasteful in front of goal. He simply doesn't set the example of a captain and does all he can not to make a tackle.

Must admit my patience is running out with regards to Baldock. Fair enough getting the ball lumped up to you when you're 5'7 isn't ideal but it's all the other stuff. His touch has been poor, decision making poor and he has been far too wasteful in front of goal. He simply doesn't set the example of a captain and does all he can not to make a tackle.

how can you expect him to score if you don't create chances for him, he isn't messi he isn;t going to do it by his self,

The only time the ball was in our final third was ether a lump forward which he had no chance or some ome running it to the byline and not corssing it which again he had no chance,

He isn't the problem the tactics are

how can you expect him to score if you don't create chances for him, he isn't messi he isn;t going to do it by his self,

The only time the ball was in our final third was ether a lump forward which he had no chance or some ome running it to the byline and not corssing it which again he had no chance,

He isn't the problem the tactics are

You've clearly not read my post properly. I've acknowledged the constant lumping of the ball forward to him. I said it IS ALL THE OTHER STUFF to his game which clearly isn't good enough at the moment. We haven't been playing to his strengths but that doesn't mean he has a ready made excuse for not setting an example does it? He has missed costly chances at times at for a captain he isn't pulling his weight.

I fully accept he's not the problem. He needs to play up top alongside Taylor. But still he needs to offer more in his all round game Monkeh. Not even you can defend that.

It's not rocket science that if you stick a 5ft something striker up front and instruct the team to play as if he's Peter Crouch, it's going to fall flat on it's face.

Baldock is a good goalscorer but he isn't a 6ft6 "lump it to the big man" player. So WHY SO'D insists on setting the team up that way is beyond me.

Archived