IGNORED

Lansdown's Out!

Bowie

Where is the ambition and new stadium of which you speak?

Yeah, cos SL has done nothing in trying to get us into the Prem has he? we have never been close. Were you at Wembley longing for Saltergate on a wet Tuesday night or Man Utd at home?

Not sure how you can blame him for the NIMBYs of Ashton Vale especially as he has said he will fund a plan B in redeveloping AG.

I'm not saying the bloke is perfect, Im not saying he has always made the right decisions but at least he's tried and, correct me if I'm wrong, has also said he won't call in the debt.

Yeah, cos SL has done nothing in trying to get us into the Prem has he? we have never been close. Were you at Wembley longing for Saltergate on a wet Tuesday night or Man Utd at home?

Not sure how you can blame him for the NIMBYs of Ashton Vale especially as he has said he will fund a plan B in redeveloping AG.

I'm not saying the bloke is perfect, Im not saying he has always made the right decisions but at least he's tried and, correct me if I'm wrong, has also said he won't call in the debt.

he has made a lot of promises he hasn't delivered on, So I take anything that comes from his mouth with a huge pinch of salt... including calling in the debt.

Now what i don't understand is, If i was SL and had mega turnovers from Hargreaves & Landsdown and is like the 50th richiest man (in U,K) then why wouldn't you go for it plough proper money (Like QPR Owner) and get us out of this mess (at start of season)? I'm not comparing us to QPR as they got relegated but look certain to go back up and i don't think they wont mess around the 2nd time and stay in the premiership. Player wise.... JET (seemed to have crashed!) Bobby Reid (Too much expected from him) Elliott (Lost it 2-3 years ago) Wagstaff (Blows hot and cold) Baldock (one word...Isolated were booting the ball up to him hes like a borrower up against king kong) we need some strong like a Adebola type alongside Baldock which i think Harewood should be given a proper chance with JET behind give Bobby a rest.

Parish

LB- Shorey

RB- Maloney

CB Flint

CB Dunk

RW Wagstaff

LW JET

CM Pack

CM Elliott

FW Harewood

ST Baldock

The Only way is UP! Come On Youuuu REDDDDZZZZ

It's the head coach who is blatantly failing. The decision to sack him will be taken by Steve L not his son.

You might as well start blaming the club's woes on the turnstile man at the back of the Dolman than blame the vice-chairman.

Jon Lansdown is purely on the board to represent his father.

Perhaps and there is a lot of reasoning, although I'm not sure JL is merely a proxy for SL.

Whilst on a fundamental decision I agree the decision will be coming from SL, but I personally believe that actually it is the dad watching from afar but letting the boy make his own mistakes. Too much has gone on wrong since SL left the board for me to believe that he has any more than a fleeting/ watching interest.

Do you remember how clueless some of our previous leadership teams were - I give you Leslie Kew, for one.

I think that actually, the stuff being done outside of the playing staff is sensible - modernising the club.

The stuff being done to the playing structure is sensible - academy development, kids, etc.  Preparation for the future.

It's just the playing side that's letting us down, and that's not really the Lansdowns' fault, is it?  They've delegated that to someone else.  Now if they were picking the team and deciding on the tactics, fine - blame them.  But they aren't.  They've made an executive decision and are bravely standing by it.  I think that takes a lot of guts and - let's be honest - they probably know more about what's going on than we, the fans, do.

It's our club - but it's their money.

Bit of a crap thread actually. Emotions running too high - clearly.

Quite a bit of critiscsm can be levelled at SL (I've done that enough over the last 3 or 4 years) but to blame them for everything? Naw! Get real!

Think on this - if SOD had managed to keep us up last season and we were riding high in the Championship right now would there have been any posts asking SL to get out?

Absolutely NOT!

If blame is to be apportioned for what is REALLY hurting us then it goes to the playing staff and the first team coaches and head coach for the poor position we are in on the field of play.

Archived