IGNORED

Stewards In The Atyeo A Disgrace

BRISTOL86

I thought it would make a welcome change of pace to moan about some other employees of the club this morning.

Last night, two women were hit hard with stray footballs in the Atyeo, once during the warm up and once during the actual game.

One had just picked up her freshly acquired scalding coffee and had her head and face covered in steaming coffee, the other had her glasses broken and a nasty looking cut inflicted on her.

BOTH times, stewards stood and watched, doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Both women made their own way away from the incident - one in tears - and one later returned having had stitches in her cut face by the look of it, but only after taking herself away to seek attention.

What are these morons paid for? Is their title not SAFETY steward, on the back of their hi-viz? I just find it staggering that those paid to ensure safety can stand bone idle watching people in pain. We would be absolutely scewed in the event of a genuine emergency.

No doubt the stewards should have been more pro active, but your standing by and watching the situation, rather than offering help, is akin to the idiots on you've been framed. Watching people in distress without thinking put the fcuking camera down and help!

No doubt the stewards should have been more pro active, but your standing by and watching the situation, rather than offering help, is akin to the idiots on you've been framed. Watching people in distress without thinking put the fcuking camera down and help!

Put your ducking superiority down and take the op's point.

The stewards should be trained to deal with these things, although frankly I doubt it. They seem more interested in checking the tops are on coke bottles than in looking after real problems in the crowd.

They were both with husbands/boyfriends who were taking care of them, that stopped me getting involved. Shouldn't have stopped the SAFETY STEWARDS getting involved though.

Fuc# knows what was up with the stewards last night in the Ateyo but I was about to loose it last night. When the ref missed that blatent corner we should of had in the first half I got up gave the ref some shi# and the wanke# sign the next thing I know I'm being stared at by 4 chumps all giving me the evils. I worked with one of the chaps down town years ago he only worked one night as when it kicked off he bottled it and froze solid the pussy. If the club expect us to turn up happy as fuc# and just sit there in silence then the club can fuc# right off and stick the 16+ years I've spent following City up their arse.

Sounds as strange as two lost children being told to go to the old players tunnel.

How many years has the Ayeto been open now? 15 maybe. For a child to know where the old tunnel id they'd probably be in their late teens.

Can't imagine too many parents tanoy announce a missing 19 year old.

Actually, the initial call just said "players' tunnel" and they corrected it five minutes later. And yes, I wondered that, too. How many under-20s would know WTF the "old players' tunnel" was?

Do they have a separate tunnel for old players, BTW? Is it like amateur and professional cricketers? ;)

We spotted that second one, from Packs shot.

What was she looking at to not see the ball flying at her, anyone know?

Not sure, I did suggest to myself comically afterwards that perhaps the safest place to sit would be in between the opposition goalposts, to totally reduce the risk of getting hit by the football. Their keeper had the safest spot of anyone near the Atyeo!

I'd mention that to the club or at least e-mail Dave Lloyd as that isn't on, incedently the stewards in the EE were quite mellow last night so perhaps they had swapped them around and you got the police wannabes last night

I contacted @bcfctweets, who as usual, didn't respond to something I've brought to their attention.

Yes, but will the club then listen to him ?

It seems to me that Rentathug is totally out of the club's control.

Yea they will, they did to a degree on the EE problems, Checking the tickets twice stopped, flags were aloud to go back up, stewards mellowed a bit,

If its not flagged up to him in a e-mail at the very least then nothing will change as he won't be able to act, the guy is very appoachable and he will get back to you at some point be it a day a week or a month he will aknowladge you,

• Admin

I'd mention that to the club or at least e-mail Dave Lloyd as that isn't on, incedently the stewards in the EE were quite mellow last night so perhaps they had swapped them around and you got the police wannabes last night

Also email the fans parliament rep, should be highlighted to other stands to be aware of what to do

Also email the fans parliament rep, should be highlighted to other stands to be aware of what to do

I've not had any dealings with them so have no comment, but I have had dealings with Dave and he does a good job regardless of what tim trys to tell us

Yea they will, they did to a degree on the EE problems, Checking the tickets twice stopped, flags were aloud to go back up, stewards mellowed a bit,

If its not flagged up to him in a e-mail at the very least then nothing will change as he won't be able to act, the guy is very appoachable and he will get back to you at some point be it a day a week or a month he will aknowladge you,

Yes I agree, I've dealt with Dave before and he's a top guy, very approachable. I will pass on my concerns to him.

I thought it would make a welcome change of pace to moan about some other employees of the club this morning.

Last night, two women were hit hard with stray footballs in the Atyeo, once during the warm up and once during the actual game.

One had just picked up her freshly acquired scalding coffee and had her head and face covered in steaming coffee, the other had her glasses broken and a nasty looking cut inflicted on her.

BOTH times, stewards stood and watched, doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Both women made their own way away from the incident - one in tears - and one later returned having had stitches in her cut face by the look of it, but only after taking herself away to seek attention.

What are these morons paid for? Is their title not SAFETY steward, on the back of their hi-viz? I just find it staggering that those paid to ensure safety can stand bone idle watching people in pain. We would be absolutely scewed in the event of a genuine emergency.

The incident in question was spotted immediately and the lady with the broken glasses was met as soon as she had reached the tunnel by stewards and first-aiders, she and her husband were taken to the medical post and one of the stewards sat with her while she was treated and made sure she was happy to return to her seat. There are not enough staff to sit and hold everyone's hand. It's a football match, if you sit behind the goal you might get hit by the ball.

The incident in question was spotted immediately and the lady with the broken glasses was met as soon as she had reached the tunnel by stewards and first-aiders, she and her husband were taken to the medical post and one of the stewards sat with her while she was treated and made sure she was happy to return to her seat. There are not enough staff to sit and hold everyone's hand. It's a football match, if you sit behind the goal you might get hit by the ball.

My point was there were stewards standing by and watching after the incident, doing absolutely nothing. It's not much to expect them to come over and ask if they require some assistance. I did say in my OP that she clearly received assistance but I just can't believe that stewards can see these incidents and just stand there, arms crossed doing nothing. Perhaps they've watched too much of SOD.

And the woman who had the scalding coffee hit all over her face was sat in the very first or second row about 4 feet from a steward, who again did absolutely nothing.

A disabled (wheelchair) child got hit in the head with a ball as well from a Parish save in the warm up. Parish and the GK coach ran over to check up on the kid but no other concerns around.

W*****s. Simple.

If anyone can think of anything that's nice about this club any more, let me know will you?

My point was there were stewards standing by and watching after the incident, doing absolutely nothing. It's not much to expect them to come over and ask if they require some assistance. I did say in my OP that she clearly received assistance but I just can't believe that stewards can see these incidents and just stand there, arms crossed doing nothing. Perhaps they've watched too much of SOD.

And the woman who had the scalding coffee hit all over her face was sat in the very first or second row about 4 feet from a steward, who again did absolutely nothing.

the flip side is, we live in a age of sueing, if the steward in question is not a trained first aider then the club will be liable for any mistreatment of the the fan at the stewards hands, there is two sides to the story and what you have seen I agree doesn't look goo on the outside but what we don't know is whether it was picked up on the cctv or it was radio'd in on control,

I seem to remember someone quoting Dave L to a steward, and the Steward coming back saying he couldn't care less what Dave L said.

So I wouldn't expect too much notice being taken if Dave does bring it up.  It seems like they are a law unto themselves

the flip side is, we live in a age of sueing, if the steward in question is not a trained first aider then the club will be liable for any mistreatment of the the fan at the stewards hands, there is two sides to the story and what you have seen I agree doesn't look goo on the outside but what we don't know is whether it was picked up on the cctv or it was radio'd in on control,

So, it would be nice if the club could let us know this. "Our stewards are robots and do not get involved in helping people"

Maybe they've just had a humanity bypass in training?  If I was a steward there is no way I could stand by.  Wouldn't anyone at least go over and ask if they needed medical attention, ffs?

I seem to remember someone quoting Dave L to a steward, and the Steward coming back saying he couldn't care less what Dave L said.

So I wouldn't expect too much notice being taken if Dave does bring it up. It seems like they are a law unto themselves

You almost wish that they might meet some seriously hard away fans, just to see them running away. Almost.

Archived