IGNORED

Has He Gone Yet?

Ciderstreet

He won't go, we'll have to fire him.

He's an obstinate Black Country bloke.

Not this old chestnut.  If we want to get rid we'll have to pay him.

Can we have a show of hands who has given up a sizeable chunk of income as an honourable gesture to their employers?

Can we have a show of hands who has given up a sizeable chunk of income as an honourable gesture to their employers?

at least he's on a rolling 12 months contract which he signed in Jan 2013 rather then a 5 or 3 year contracts like we use to dish out

Fair point well presented.

All talk of 'Honour and Integrity' and 'Doing the Right Thing' vanish into the ether when money is part of the equation.

And rightly so.

Not as a gesture, no, but to get out from under a bad boss. I took a drop in grade and salary and never regretted it.

I fixed his wagon, though - I ensured he never got another promotion :)

The only thing that makes a club is the fans and the name.  Other than that its a bit like Trigger's broom.

I've wondered before, if a club changes its stadium, its colours, its name even, and the entire board and players change over time, how the hell can it really be the same bloody club?  You're only left with the fans and their collective identity.

Given we're going down the hole fast, I'm at last over the moon that AV is dead in the water.  A (potentially) 4th-tier club with crap players and a crap board.  Very little to like any more. Very little indeed. 

Mediocrity, living almost within our means and the odd exciting season at AG will do for me (and for all his efforts we pretty much had that for the 20 years before SL).

I was wondering this, i was stood there last night thinking i enjoy absolutely nothing about watching this Bristol City team, it's not Bristol City to me, hell i'd prefer a Tinnion or Millen in charge just so it even felt slightly like my club, disgraceful and he has to go.

If we need to appoint a caretaker manager, you may well get your wish.

at least he's on a rolling 12 months contract which he signed in Jan 2013 rather then a 5 or 3 year contracts like we use to dish out

Yeah, we'd need to pay him off but only in 12 monthly instalments. In effect he'll be no different to carrying an injured player for a year. Makes the budget a little tighter.

I have to say last night I thought he would be gone today, but if that was the case I think we would probably at least have heard rumours by now.

The last minute equaliser at Port Vale seems to have completely broke us, and unfortunately as much I don't want to admit it, it feels like we're now waiting for the inevitable. Although I do have to admit if I was in charge I would still give him a couple of more games, however unpopular that is.

When any team is in the situation we were, where we were playing fairly well, but not getting the points from games we deserved it is going to go one of two ways. One is that you will eventually get the win you need and have deserved, get the monkey off your back and never look back or the other is that eventually the spirit will go, any confidence will evaporate and the fight will be lost. That last minute goal we gave away seems to done all of these things. The three performances since have really been poor and just like at the end of McInnes' rain we appear beaten before we go on the pitch. We had a spell last night where we played quite well and looked dangerous, but we needed to score. Once we hadn't and that pressure had passed the only question whether Brentford's opening goal would be from us giving it to them or from them getting lucky.

Somehow I think he will get another job quite easily. Got a good track record with or without success with us on his cv

if you delve a little deeper there are more "scars" on his cv than you may at first think..the end of his tenure at Donny will be mostly a mirror of his end here-if indeed that end comes in the next four games. 

Archived