IGNORED

Villa V Everton - Tickets For Sale

DaveF

In my work ( in bristol) 4 Man U, 3 Liverpool, 2 spurs, 1 Everton 1 gas and 1 City (me)

It's a sad state of affairs listening to these plastics banging on about clubs they have no affinity with.

It's the same for me, I even have to listen to phrases like "We" have got Southampton on Sunday who have " you" got ( to a Liverpool fan from Somerset.

I really do feel like hitting them sometimes!!

It's the same for me, I even have to listen to phrases like "We" have got Southampton on Sunday who have " you" got ( to a Liverpool fan from Somerset.

I really do feel like hitting them sometimes!!

It's funny, me and the Gashead stick together!! When you call them plastics/armchairs they go mad!!

They know we're right though

No Gas either.

....the Gas are a dying breed and so will we be if we're relegated again. Not enough young supporters coming through to actually support and follow this club or the Gas, the lure of watching the Premiership on TV is too great for them. I reckon the last time I saw us play a Premier League side was that defeat to Manchester City in the League Cup - about 5 years ago?

It's funny, me and the Gashead stick together!! When you call them plastics/armchairs they go mad!!

They know we're right though

It's the same with me, but it's a lad who watches Yeovil for me!

In the summer it's good when they all go on about Somerset cricket, we ask them why they don't support Lancashire!! They hate it.

When I was at School in the 70s there were a lot of plastic Man U, Liverpool, and Spurs fans - nothing's changed in 30 odd years.

I went up to Villa park a few seasons back to watch them play Man City. Won 1-0 Darren Bent on his debut, no shame in watching some good football for a change. In fact as i remember it was the same old rubbish performances under Millen that 2 of us both ST holders stayed away.

I went up to Villa park a few seasons back to watch them play Man City. Won 1-0 Darren Bent on his debut, no shame in watching some good football for a change. In fact as i remember it was the same old rubbish performances under Millen that 2 of us both ST holders stayed away.

There is a real hunger for quality top flight football in Bristol and your post proves that fact. This club will die on its feet if our league positioning isn't improved because many supporters will just drift away or support a Premiership club.  

When I was at School in the 70s there were a lot of plastic Man U, Liverpool, and Spurs fans - nothing's changed in 30 odd years.

When I was at junior school my class was almost split 50/50 Man U and Liverpool I was the only City supporter there and there was a spurs fan :facepalm: . In Secondry school in my year there was about 40 City 20 Gas the rest all the top sides out of 200 it is pretty shocking :grr: .

I reckon it has, there were no Liverpool or Man.Utd fans in my class, also in the 70's.

Those who had any interest in football at all - maybe about half at best - were either City or Rovers, and we'd all be wearing our scarves most days and look forward to the Glos. Cup Final at the end of the season.

As soon as we were old enough to have a driver amongst us we'd have no trouble filling a car to watch City away, even before then going with the lads in the year above if they had room.

My impression is you wouldn't find half the kids in most Bristol schools supporting City or Rovers these days, in fact they'd be massively outnumbered by fans of PL teams who couldn't care less about the local sides.

Anyone else find this an incredibly sad thread?

Tickets being sold on a Bristol City Fans Forum to watch a game NOT involving Bristol City.

If you've got the time and money to get to Villa Park on Saturday, just spare an extra couple of hours and get up to Carlisle.  You should be ****ing ashamed of yourselves.

i find you very sad ,all the fella is trying todo is get rid of some tickets he can't use to like minded football people you want to get yourself a life,me personally I would rather be at villa than Carlisle at the moment 700 mile round trip to watch a load of shite pass the ball around there own half for 90 minutes

I'm with Harry on this one.

Not a personal thing to the seller but it's probably best to advertise this on the Villa forum or even the Everton one. The Premier League is nothing to me, I'm sick of it to be truthful.

There are BCFC supporters out there with stickers, t-shirts, flags etc with 'support your local football club' on and I'd imagine posts like this are a bit of a kick in the stomach for them.

I'm not going to Carlise as I spent my away day money for this month on Crewe but how anybody, as a BCFC supporter, could go as far as Villa Park to watch a nothing game whilst BCFC are playing is beyond me.

On that note I went to school with a lad who was a Rovers season ticket holder, but had a Villa shirt too, he now has a little one and a family picture of them all (including him) wearing Chelsea shirts...modern football eh?

Anyone else find this an incredibly sad thread?

Tickets being sold on a Bristol City Fans Forum to watch a game NOT involving Bristol City.

If you've got the time and money to get to Villa Park on Saturday, just spare an extra couple of hours and get up to Carlisle.  You should be ****ing ashamed of yourselves.

Sold now.

Thanks for your concern though ;)

Who the **** do u think u r harry.? I live 40 miles from Bristol and have been going to city since I was 14 and now 41 , my son of 9 is also a st holder for the last two years and frankly what I do with my time has nothing to do with u and certainly don't have a second team in any league, well maybe fgr sometimes, if I chose to take my son to villa or anyone else went I don't see why u have a problem... trains and all round costs as well as st s take up a majority of our spare money and being a single parent makes it sometimes harder together to get by so in all due respect piss off eh

I reckon it has, there were no Liverpool or Man.Utd fans in my class, also in the 70's.

Those who had any interest in football at all - maybe about half at best - were either City or Rovers, and we'd all be wearing our scarves most days and look forward to the Glos. Cup Final at the end of the season.

As soon as we were old enough to have a driver amongst us we'd have no trouble filling a car to watch City away, even before then going with the lads in the year above if they had room.

My impression is you wouldn't find half the kids in most Bristol schools supporting City or Rovers these days, in fact they'd be massively outnumbered by fans of PL teams who couldn't care less about the local sides.

.....I reckon a lot of the lack of interest in City and Gas in Bristol's schools is due to the lack of cup success and poor league positioning of both Bristol clubs these days. During the 70s, Gas were Div 3 then Div 2 and City Div 2 then Div 1 top flight. An average of two league divisions above where they are now. To be honest, I can't say I blame young Bristolian school children for their lack of interest in City and Gas. I reckon I wouldn't have been interested in City were they a third tier club in the 70s during my formative years.

.....I reckon a lot of the lack of interest in City and Gas in Bristol's schools is due to the lack of cup success and poor league positioning of both Bristol clubs these days. During the 70s, Gas were Div 3 then Div 2 and City Div 2 then Div 1 top flight. An average of two league divisions above where they are now. To be honest, I can't say I blame young Bristolian school children for their lack of interest in City and Gas. I reckon I wouldn't have been interested in City were they a third tier club in the 70s during my formative years.

Don't think the division City were in really mattered Gobbers, well, not to me anyway.

That tentative first walk up the slope from the turnstiles and then the first ever sight of the East End, Ashton Gate, was like discovering a new and completely diffferent world, one we couldn't wait to go back to time after time. It didn't much matter how badly City were playing, just being under that roof amongst those incredibly noisy, shouting, swearing, often badly behaved, but humouros, passionate and colourful fans was the highlight of any week.

The youngsters of today probably can't imagine how exciting it was just to be a young Bristol City fan in the raucous Ashton Gate of the early '70's.

It's not the same these days, of course, and it's no surprise that less young fans become addicted at a young age to supporting BCFC, and more 'support' PL teams. It was the amazing and unique artmosphere, long lost now unfortunately, that made match days at Ashton Gate something special and unmissable - City actually playing well occasionally was just a welcome bonus, and the celebrations when we scored..... well, just bedlam. :yes: 

I bought them for an exiled Villa fan who is taking his family, something he cannot afford to do more than a couple of times a season even with Villa beig one of the cheaper Prem clubs to buy tickets from.

So although advertised on a BCFC forum, a Villa fan is having them.

And the friend of mine who bought them originally wasn't a city fan either so really everyone was crying about nothing!

Archived