IGNORED

You Cannot Have Both.

redeye

There are some City fans who want the transition and the new policy of youth - who also want to oust SO'D and install a short-term manager. How short-sighted is this?

You can't have both.

For the new chapter of BCFC and the transition to work the club has to stay true to it's mission statement - even if this involves relegation to league two.

To bring in another short-term 'sticking plaster' manager does not guarantee the club are saved from the drop - but it will guarantee the club goes backwards in ditching it's vision for the sake of blind panic and lack of belief in that vision.

SO'D was right to react the way he did during his interview after the Brentford game. What a moronic question from the interviewer after SO'D had explained how the team had performed and what changes had been implemented. Obviously this media lightweight was more interested in a low brow cage rattle than actually listening to SO'D.

So you are saying that SOD is the only manager/coach in the world capable of carrying out the great master plan?.

It appears to me that the answer to our problems could be to employ a OTIB cheerleader who motivates the team in a "rocket up the arse" manner of the likes of Warnock. Who's job it is to bollock the players whenever they do wrong and cheer them on when they do well.

They could also do the interviews with the press, constantly suggest what substitutions we should be making and wave their arms around on the touchline.

Then everyone is happy  :innocent06:

Think about it mate... people have complained about the tactics of every manager we've had when we've been struggling.

We all think we know better than the managers... but we don't.

If it was that simple... they'd be doing it.

Do you know football better than GJ, Millen, Tinnion, Coppell, Del, SoD... yet you and me and everyone else will complain on here about their failing tactics... like we know better.

All those managers have eventually failed or are failing here... are they all wrong?

You could bring in any top manager into this Club right now and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

The restrictions, plan of action, and knock on effect of previous mistakes are all effecting what is happening now.

We just need to ride out this season and see what happens.

What would be your answer if we brought in another manager and we still went down... who would you blame then?

We'd find some one ,don't worry .

Fonts,Lee Johnson,Fielding,Prince Harry ...

It appears to me that the answer to our problems could be to employ a OTIB cheerleader who motivates the team in a "rocket up the arse" manner of the likes of Warnock. Who's job it is to bollock the players whenever they do wrong and cheer them on when they do well.

They could also do the interviews with the press, constantly suggest what substitutions we should be making and wave their arms around on the touchline.

Then everyone is happy  :innocent06:

I don't see it like that at all, the way I see it as SOD needs to start turning the results around and quickly, the only bit of the blueprint he or any manager at our club needs to be focused on is just winning, end of, the rest of the blueprint is for the rest of the staff to carry out.

The notion that SOD is the only manager/coach capable of carrying out or even understanding the blueprint or 5 pillars or whatever its called this week is absolutely ridiculous.

Edit:- The title of this thread is totally wrong, you can easily have both, all you need is for the new man to fully understand and support the blueprint, it's that simple, oh yes and deliver a couple of wins along the way would be nice as well.

Maybe that's part of the master plan. In the Monopoly board of Bristol sport Mr Lansdown holds a good deal of the pieces and a good wedge of cash. Precursor to a Bristol United?

Yes, it's probably a ridiculous notion.

It wouldn't surprise me that if we go down we'd merge. We'll probably wear blue and white, Holloway will be manager. After all SL was once a Gashead.

Archived