IGNORED

The Sacking Of Del

Big Red Rich

Nah Del was on drugs over Foster and he couldnt help himself but sign jocks.  As much as I'm not loving where were at now, I think/hope if we stick with SOD in 2 years or so we will be in the confrence nah only kidding, better plance spend wise.

Managers will always sign players they are familiar with.

1D has signed Maloney &  O'Connor for example.

I think the problem with Del and Millen is they were good coaches but crap managers. Now we have SOD who I believe is a good manager but a crap coach. Goes to show that bad players playing well is better than good players playing badly.

Wouldn't agree about Del, he did a great job as manager at St.Johnstone and now Aberdeen, probably needed a DoF or an experienced to guide him with Bristol City.

Millen to be fair, didn't do a bad job either.. steered us to 10th after Johnson got the boot and then 15th the following season with signings he may not of wanted like Hunt and Spencer (signed under Coppell) and James (seem to have been signed by the chairman himself).. seemed to go wrong because he probably was too nice and then it went horribly wrong.

Wouldn't agree about Del, he did a great job as manager at St.Johnstone and now Aberdeen, probably needed a DoF or an experienced to guide him with Bristol City.

Millen to be fair, didn't do a bad job either.. steered us to 10th after Johnson got the boot and then 15th the following season with signings he may not of wanted like Hunt and Spencer (signed under Coppell) and James (seem to have been signed by the chairman himself).. seemed to go wrong because he probably was too nice and then it went horribly wrong.

Exactly my point! Having a bad coach is much worse than having a bad manager. If del needed a DoF he was not a good manager. However I do believe he was a good coach.

Archived