IGNORED

For Those Who Put It In, So Shall Ye Be Rewarded...

The Kaiser

I'm not one to pigeon hole fans into better fans than others etc, so its not meant in this way.

But if we are to win our first game in 8 months, who more deserving to witness it than those 250 of us hardy souls who are insane enough to go up to Cumbria to cheer us on?

I have been thoroughly disappointed v Crewe and then Brentford but I hope/pray we can turn it around and beat Carlisle.

They are certainly beatable.

Not knocking those who go... I admire their loyalty.

But i'd be interested to know how many go out of pure loyalty or because they haven't got anything better do do on a Saturday afternoon.

I remember doing the same when I was a lot younger... it was between the period of giving up playing football and then getting into golf again. I met quiet a few fans who travelled to all the away games as they said they didn't have anything better to do.

I wonder if that's still the case...?

Not knocking those who go... I admire their loyalty.

But i'd be interested to know how many go out of pure loyalty or because they haven't got anything better do do on a Saturday afternoon.

I remember doing the same when I was a lot younger... it was between the period of giving up playing football and then getting into golf again. I met quiet a few fans who travelled to all the away games as they said they didn't have anything better to do.

I wonder if that's still the case...?

Times have changed Spud. There are more things to do on a Saturday these days!

The 250 supporters going are purely going because they want to and I admire that. Safe journey to all of you!

I think there'd be a fair few reasons of why people are up there.

On the way in to Crewe on saturday, the first 5 City fans my old man and I spoke to lived about 20 mins away. One bloke actually lived in Crewe!!

I'm sure a few Northerners of ours will make up the contingent.

For me personally, I have just spent the best part of 5 years in Australia and I've not been up to Cumbria in years so I'll take the day out with the old man, we'll share the driving and we'll have a decent day catching up etc.

Hopefully we'll see us win.....

As for golf, I played a shiteload of that on the weekends in AUS.

Got my handicap down to 5 now. Though I do have the odd bandit round off 8 or 9.....

It's worse than football for getting under your skin.

I used to play County golf and team golf for years.

Practiced a minimum of 2 hrs a day... I had to, to keep sharp, I was never a natural.

It takes over your life.

It's no wonder it is the sport with the highest divorce rate.

Playing Golf in Oz is quiet different to here...especially all those Kangeroo's skipping about.

I was over their for 5 months last year... had some great rounds... the ball runs miles.

I played against my brother in law - an Aussie - in June up at Townsville Creek Golf Club.

My ball was in the middle of the fairway but stood directly in front of it was a wallaby.

We had a 5 min discussion of whether I could pick the ball up and place it to the side of him... Local rules do not allow this apparently.

There was also a crocodile in the creek on the 14th.

Insane courses but the ball does go some on the hot air - not good if you've misjudged the club distance....

Regardless of form/division l could never justify a near on 10 hour round journey to watch an hour and a half of football. Done Hull a few years ago and hated it with the travelling.

For whatever reason you are going, I salute you!

When I used to travel on the coaches...it was often like that scene in the film the 'Inbetweeners'.

Constant singing and chanting... beer and piss everywhere.

Remember travelling to Sheffield Utd and wanting to get off half way their...constant barrage of mindless noise.

I cant do the coach. My old man said this week about taking the coach because of the distance.

Only time I've taken them is Millwall and Cardiff away for obvious reasons.

It's soul destroying for me. Uncomfortable seats, snoring, noise of 17 year olds at the back.

We'll take our trusty Volvo 4x4 and stop when we want, where we want.

As the song goes "We do what we like...."

It's worse than football for getting under your skin.

I used to play County golf and team golf for years.

Practiced a minimum of 2 hrs a day... I had to, to keep sharp, I was never a natural.

It takes over your life.

It's no wonder it is the sport with the highest divorce rate.

Playing Golf in Oz is quiet different to here...especially all those Kangeroo's skipping about.

I was over their for 5 months last year... had some great rounds... the ball runs miles.

Golf ,a game played by snobs with small balls ...

Just joking !

Golf ,a game played by snobs with small balls ...

Just joking !

Haha... I wouldn't agree with that anymore...

Most pro footballers play golf... in fact many sportsman turn to golf during or after their profession.

More White Vans than posh cars in golf club car parks these days imho.

But if we are to win our first game in 8 months, who more deserving to witness it than those 250 of us hardy souls who are insane enough to go up to Cumbria to cheer us on?

How about the 10,000+ crowd that STILL turn up at Ashton Gate despite having been served up utter dross for the last goodness-knows-how-long.

Yep absolutely. Load of white van men in the golf car parks nowadays.

The maintenance bloke in our office is scratch handicapper. I was stunned. Proper blue overall fella in his 50s and he plays off scratch.

I walked away more annoyed with myself for being surprised. I never had myself down as a snob and if my father - a bloke off a Kingswood council estate - had seen my surprise I would have been taken to task as well.

Mind you he can't play golf to save his life.....

I once saw Ant off Ant and Dec hit a hole in one in Maidstone, they were in the group in front of me....

I think there'd be a fair few reasons of why people are up there.

On the way in to Crewe on saturday, the first 5 City fans my old man and I spoke to lived about 20 mins away. One bloke actually lived in Crewe!!

I'm sure a few Northerners of ours will make up the contingent.

For me personally, I have just spent the best part of 5 years in Australia and I've not been up to Cumbria in years so I'll take the day out with the old man, we'll share the driving and we'll have a decent day catching up etc.

Hopefully we'll see us win.....

I'm sure this will be the case at Carlisle. Apparently City have 1,000 plus Northern based fans on their database, and I'd expect at least half the City fans on Saturday to be exiles.

Still commendable for them to bother under present circumstances, but special praise should be reserved for those few hardy souls actually making the long trip from Bristol.

I'd only consider going if I was making a weekend of it in the Lake District and I expect a fair few travelling from Bristol will be doing just that.

How about the 10,000+ crowd that STILL turn up at Ashton Gate despite having been served up utter dross for the last goodness-knows-how-long.

We're all deserving of -

1. Watching us win a game

2. Watching a lot better football than the sh*t being served up

I just think it will be nice/ironic if for all the talk of getting a win at home to kick start us, it comes as far from Bristol as we can get.

Yep absolutely. Load of white van men in the golf car parks nowadays.

The maintenance bloke in our office is scratch handicapper. I was stunned. Proper blue overall fella in his 50s and he plays off scratch.

I walked away more annoyed with myself for being surprised. I never had myself down as a snob and if my father - a bloke off a Kingswood council estate - had seen my surprise I would have been taken to task as well.

Mind you he can't play golf to save his life.....

I once saw Ant off Ant and Dec hit a hole in one in Maidstone, they were in the group in front of me....

Actually mate... I've found it the 'snobs'... all the gear but no idea... who are the worst golfers.

From my experience it's sporty types who have jobs that give free time during the working week, who often end up the best golfers.

Lots of self employed lads as well.

A fair few I've seen are going away for the weekend, Blackpool/Manchester and there just happens to be a game of football in the middle. A win would be fantastic, but a loss isn't going to ruin the weekend either.

I played against my brother in law - an Aussie - in June up at Townsville Creek Golf Club.

My ball was in the middle of the fairway but stood directly in front of it was a wallaby.

We had a 5 min discussion of whether I could pick the ball up and place it to the side of him... Local rules do not allow this apparently.

There was also a crocodile in the creek on the 14th.

Insane courses but the ball does go some on the hot air - not good if you've misjudged the club distance....

I played that course back in the early 80's at a Master Builders Gold Day when I lived there.  I hit one shot and absolutely creamed a bird that was walking across the fairway. I won a prize of a spirit level for best Birdie of the day !!

We're all deserving of -

1. Watching us win a game

2. Watching a lot better football than the sh*t being served up

I just think it will be nice/ironic if for all the talk of getting a win at home to kick start us, it comes as far from Bristol as we can get.

Sorry, I didn't intend my initial post to come off as arsey.  It still amazes me that our home support has remained in relatively large numbers over such a long period of sustained rubbish.  Frankly, I'll take our first win at Carlisle, Ashton Gate, Mars, where ever - as long as it comes soon and is simply the first of many.

Sorry, I didn't intend my initial post to come off as arsey.  It still amazes me that our home support has remained in relatively large numbers over such a long period of sustained rubbish.  Frankly, I'll take our first win at Carlisle, Ashton Gate, Mars, where ever - as long as it comes soon and is simply the first of many.

Simple answer - it hasn't. The attendance figures for the last few home games are pure fantasy.

Archived