IGNORED

Last Throw Of The Dice For Sean?

harvey54

21 league games with out a win out of 40 in charge

It's actually 27 league games out of 32 in charge.

We won 5 out of 20 last season and, as we all know, we have yet to win this season in 12.

We are on a run of 21 games since the last win.

But on the plus side, we're well covered for Goalkeepers.

I wish I could share the optimism that some of you believe that changing manager will change our fortunes. Just don't see it myself. Rarely worked in the past. Would rather stick with the long term plan, than drive down another blind alley!

it worked when millen replaced johnson it worked when del replaced millen, it worked when the brian trust replaced pulis,

It works more often then it doesn't work,

Something has to changes we can't sack the players due to them sueing the buggery out of the club for breach of contract we can't sack the board due to the club being liquadated if a buyer isn't found, the only thing we can do to change this situation if it doesn't improve is change the coach

I thought after Tuesday he would go a little more battering Ram than finesse.

My gut is he will start Harewood but with who else and how will he play. Despite the poor RESULTS recently the team has played fairly well at PV, Crewe and for a good portion of the match against Brentford, so my guess is he wont change to much else.  

Against Brentford we obviously didnt create to many clear cut chances, however Baldock has been a little wasteful in previous match's. JET has been a passenger for a while and his head really dropped after 'that passback', however if we can get him motivated and a bit closer to Harewood we could benefit.

according to people who went to crewe we were dog shit, and we only played well for the first 20 minutes against brentford

We won 5 out of 20 last season and, as we all know, we have yet to win this season in 12.

Are any of the goalies any good though? I mean really?

Play all of them tomorrow.

No need to change the line up I the whole. We know jet and baldock can score. As someone alluded to, we just need to feed them properly I.e. Balls on the floor.

We also IMO need to take out pack and bring in wynter. Pack has gone stale and we have missed wynter. He brings calmness to midfield and would do a better role in breaking up play. Also gets from box to box so can offer something going forward.

If we're looking to play around with the line up as we have nothing to lose then I would go with...

..........................Parrish....................................

Moloney....flint.......Williams........Cunningham

...................wynter.........Reid...........................

.........jet(floating)..................bryan(floating)

....................baldock......Taylor.....................

The two up front answer people's calls and will give baldock something to play off. Jet is not in a wing role but out wide right floating and coming inside and Bryan a similar role but not as offensive. Wynter would play the DM role but offer something going forward and Reid would be the attacking link between him and the wide men/strikers.

Surely that is worth a try.....

No need to change the line up I the whole. We know jet and baldock can score. As someone alluded to, we just need to feed them properly I.e. Balls on the floor.

We also IMO need to take out pack and bring in wynter. Pack has gone stale and we have missed wynter. He brings calmness to midfield and would do a better role in breaking up play. Also gets from box to box so can offer something going forward.

If we're looking to play around with the line up as we have nothing to lose then I would go with...

..........................Parrish....................................

Moloney....flint.......Williams........Cunningham

...................wynter.........Reid...........................

.........jet(floating)..................bryan(floating)

....................baldock......Taylor.....................

The two up front answer people's calls and will give baldock something to play off. Jet is not in a wing role but out wide right floating and coming inside and Bryan a similar role but not as offensive. Wynter would play the DM role but offer something going forward and Reid would be the attacking link between him and the wide men/strikers.

Surely that is worth a try.....

Might as well just float the lot and that means having a 'rush' goalie. ;)

it worked when millen replaced johnson it worked when del replaced millen, it worked when the brian trust replaced pulis,

It works more often then it doesn't work,

Something has to changes we can't sack the players due to them sueing the buggery out of the club for breach of contract we can't sack the board due to the club being liquadated if a buyer isn't found, the only thing we can do to change this situation if it doesn't improve is change the coach

Temporarily and then its back to square one yet again.

If you are sliding down a hill on sheet ice do you stay on it till you hit the very bottom or do you try and get on to better ground, a new manager may or may not be able to halt the slide he may be able to get us to start back up the hill; staying as we are will give us only one outcome a big bump when we hit the rock bottom.

But it could also equally be akin to pouring boiling water onto the ice, melts it for a sort while only to set like glass, a bit like last season.

Your not wrong or right, we just have to hope either SoD finds his snow chains and fast, or whoever comes in has plenty of grit.

IMO I reckon if we don't win the one of the next two he'll be gone.

I hope we stick with sod. He is the best long term hope for this club. Last season we were a poor LG 1 standard, and nothing's changed this season. Other than the average age of our squad is lower. Chopping and changing tactics will just confuse these young players. Best just to stick with the best formation and tactics and get better at it. Sod hasn't been here long, and bringing in a new manager will not improve things imo. I think we will stay up, but think it is very possible we may go down. This would not be a disaster though, as some of the drama queens on here would put it. Just part of the process to improve things in the longer term!

Wow....wouldnt be a disaster to go down.

Just....wow

saturday will be interesting as it will show who SOD really trusts

he knows perfectly well that he needs a win or at very least a draw with a good performance

i think he should drop JET and get a team of 11 players who are prepared to work. carslisle away in an ugly must-win game isnt really the place for JETs lazy loping about, based on recent performances

No place for the bloke who has scored or had a hand in most of our goals.Sound thinking when you need to win a game.

i think ive cracked it.

i reckon we are easily the best team in the league,can play the best football and beat everyone including the best but cant start winning until its mathematically impossible to get promoted as thats not in the 5 pillows strategy yet.

i also think we are 'throwing' matches for undisclosed fees to help fund the pasty fillings fund for next season 

Despite the poor RESULTS recently the team has played fairly well at PV, Crewe

I'm sorry I can't let that stand. I was at Crewe and we were abysmal. The result was poor but the performance was very weak and lightweight, consistently giving away possession, making crewe look pretty good at times. We looked like relegation fodder I'm afraid to say.

Archived