IGNORED

Western Daily Press On State Of The Club

Rich_s

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Another local press article indicating that it believes that the problems will not necessarily be resolved by sacking S'OD.

It's amusing how the local press seem to running to the support of Sean O'Driscoll

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Steve-Cotton-column/story-19991746-detail/story.html

Another local press article indicating that it believes that the problems will not necessarily be resolved by sacking S'OD.

It's amusing how the local press seem to running to the support of Sean O'Driscoll

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Steve-Cotton-column/story-19991746-detail/story.html

Amusing? Why.

I believe the Post's articles this week has been some of the best the paper has produced in years.

Front page news of where it's going wrong at City and highlighting that the current problems are more than just the fault of the current manager is very POSTIVE personally.

Understandably Jon Lansdown and his stooges aren't happy but maybe the truth hurts and they know they can't keep sacking managers to cover their own incompetences.

Amusing? Why.

I believe the Post's articles this week has been some of the best the paper has produced in years.

Front page news of where it's going wrong at City and highlighting that the current problems are more than just the fault of the current manager is very POSTIVE personally.

Understandably Jon Lansdown and his stooges aren't happy but maybe the truth hurts and they know they can't keep sacking managers to cover their own incompetences.

I hadn't heard that they'd publically commented on this or the evening post article from Thursday(?). But obviously I agree with the point that its not all the managers/head coaches responsibilty and repainting the walls won't magically stop the house from subsiding further...

Just because the Board is crap, it doesn't mean that SOD isn't crap too.  He's been a disaster and let's not pretend he's the only manager in the country operating under similar financial constraints.  We are far from unique and many modern managers go into jobs with their eyes wide open.

For God's sake, we've got a manager, who only this week realised the result's more important than the performance.  I mean, I could have told him that in the first game of the season.  

The assumption, current, that a new man at the helm couldn't do any better really annoys me.  Seriously it's got to the point where we can't afford not to change manager.  He should have gone after Tuesday.  If we lose again today he's got to go again.

Those on here talking about a change in luck and a winning run (and the play-offs) are, quite frankly, in a fantasy world.  Everything before your eyes is pointing at the opposite.

So why have the local media got such a fancy to SO'D it's spreading mass panic, via we cant lose him or we'll be doomed when, er at present we are doomed with him. Odd way of championing something

I presume you read the article,there isn't anything that they have made up is there.

I realise your very anti the manager,but even you must realise its not all his fault.

I hadn't heard that they'd publically commented on this or the evening post article from Thursday(?). But obviously I agree with the point that its not all the managers/head coaches responsibilty and repainting the walls won't magically stop the house from subsiding further...

There was another article in yesterday's paper where Andy S discussed a conversation with Martin Griffiths who had stated that people within board weren't happy with the original article and wanted to him to repeat the 5 pillars views.

The theory is right with the 5p's but no good if the people implementing them at the highest level are useless.

Have to agree with you dagest -- if by some slim chance we win today just remember the saying "one swallow don't make it summer"  .

History shows that Odreary has relegated more teams than he has promoted .. I think his best spell was at Crawley

Really?

Promoted Twice. Both teams he built

Relegated - once - a broken team he gained from someone else.

Every club he's been at he has left in a better position than when he joined.

Really?

Promoted Twice. Both teams he built

Relegated - once - a broken team he gained from someone else.

Every club he's been at he has left in a better position than when he joined.

Its 2-2 on his current promotions /relegations but when he takes us down again it will be 2/3 . Funny that Doncaster / Bournemouth and Forest seem to be doing far better with out him.  Donny back in Championship , Forest flying high and Bournemouth in championship . Crawley do they really count but doing about the same possibly better. 

Just because the Board is crap, it doesn't mean that SOD isn't crap too.  He's been a disaster and let's not pretend he's the only manager in the country operating under similar financial constraints.  We are far from unique and many modern managers go into jobs with their eyes wide open.

For God's sake, we've got a manager, who only this week realised the result's more important than the performance.  I mean, I could have told him that in the first game of the season.  

The assumption, current, that a new man at the helm couldn't do any better really annoys me.  Seriously it's got to the point where we can't afford not to change manager.  He should have gone after Tuesday.  If we lose again today he's got to go again.

Those on here talking about a change in luck and a winning run (and the play-offs) are, quite frankly, in a fantasy world.  Everything before your eyes is pointing at the opposite.

got to agree in my eyes the manager and board are shite

Its 2-2 on his current promotions /relegations but when he takes us down again it will be 2/3 . Funny that Doncaster / Bournemouth and Forest seem to be doing far better with out him.  Donny back in Championship , Forest flying high and Bournemouth in championship . Crawley do they really count but doing about the same possibly better.

Name the relegations?

City and......

Forest he left play-offs (think) when the season before they were struggling

Bournemouth he left 7-8 years ago - years ago. Got through administration and takeovers since them

Donny - have been relegated and promoted since he left. But left them in better position than he join.

Crawly - he barely took a training session let alone a game so can't judge him.

It's actually amusing reading all the SO'D out threads/who to come in next.

Dim wits and dumb asses, the lot of you.

It is another good article.

Stark contrast in the brains behind the article and your opinion.

I'm with you. I believe that SOD should be getting more from this team and his arrogance and inflexibility is keeping us rooted in the relegation zone.  

Yet another thread attacking SO'D (see previous managers). There exists a lot of vile aggressive poison amongst a certain group of BCFC fans - where is the support?

With reference to today's Football Focus - Greg Dyke made a good point regarding managers who often put themselves first before club, stating that there is a survival instinct manifested in their personal template, in preference to the clubs long-term strategy. With this in mind, shouldn't we be appreciative that SO'D is pursuing the five pillars in detriment to his own position?

On a much lesser note - what is it with a certain culture of bristolians who insist on altering everyones name to a cheesy moniker? Are these people only capable of nursery rhyme speak?

It's actually amusing reading all the SO'D out threads/who to come in next.

It is another good article.

It is and it's also amusing watching the press take the opposite stance.

As for it being a good article. It really depends on whether you're a fan of a poor mans Stockhausen.  

Name the relegations?

City and......

Forest he left play-offs (think) when the season before they were struggling

Bournemouth he left 7-8 years ago - years ago. Got through administration and takeovers since them

Donny - have been relegated and promoted since he left. But left them in better position than he join.

Crawly - he barely took a training session let alone a game so can't judge him.

Your right I just checked he didnt take Donny down where as I thought he did ....but he certainly laid the foundations for there demise.

Forest were 7th or 8 th when he was sacked after the Leeds game now they are 4th

Yet another thread attacking SO'D (see previous managers). There exists a lot of vile aggressive poison amongst a certain group of BCFC fans - where is the support?

With reference to today's Football Focus - Greg Dyke made a good point regarding managers who often put themselves first before club, stating that there is a survival instinct manifested in their personal template, in preference to the clubs long-term strategy. With this in mind, shouldn't we be appreciative that SO'D is pursuing the five pillars in detriment to his own position?

On a much lesser note - what is it with a certain culture of bristolians who insist on altering everyones name to a cheesy moniker? Are these people only capable of nursery rhyme speak?

Yet another post attacking Bristolians (see previous posts). There exists a lot of vile aggressive poison against Bristolians from a certain poster.

Yet another post attacking Bristolians (see previous posts). There exists a lot of vile aggressive poison against Bristolians from a certain poster.

Passionately proud of being a Bristolian - much less enamoured by the vile aggressive thugs who purport to represent our great City.

Have the board bought the local newspapers?

The journalists appear to be so " on message " it's suspicious

Nope, the penny is just dropping for a lot of fans as to just how badly run the club is and has been...and that maybe chopping and changing managers and staff isn't going to be the answer to our not insignificant problems on and off the pitch...

The playoffs may be fantasy, but so is your assertion that SOD is crap.

Aww bless, the beauty of hindsight.  I welcome the win and will enjoy it tonight.  But let's not get carried away that eveything is suddenly tickety-boo.  We still conceded two today and we won't score 2+ every game.  That said, I hope as much as anyone this presages a change in form.

Depends on how you want to interpret the evidence really.

If your looking to find another reason to slate O'Driscoll with then your analysis is fine.  On the other hand, if you're on the pro SO'D side, you could also say that maybe he laid some solid foundations at these clubs and they've now come to fruition?

Who knows which is right, but I certainly want some foundations laid at City, because we've clearly been a mess for years. 

Jeez! The thread is the exact opposite. It was a thread indicating that SoD or any manager is not to blame.

Jeez! The thread is the exact opposite. It was a thread indicating that SoD or any manager is not to blame.

I would imagine redeye is on the sauce again.  he always seems to be on the sauce when he gets the dutch courage to post here.

Archived